[12x02] November 9th, 2008

[12x02] November 9th, 2008

• Total voters
I don't imagine they would have had a hard time finding someone to take it off their hands at Bonneville.

True, I didn't think about that...

After watching the episode again I had a question for anyone who might know. At about 22:00 they go to the back bumper of the car and say "This bumper is made of the same plastic they use to make News Readers Here" and James says "Its the same colour as well".

I was just wondering, what is a News Reader. I tried googling it and it didn't look like I got anything.

After watching the episode again I had a question for anyone who might know. At about 22:00 they go to the back bumper of the car and say "This bumper is made of the same plastic they use to make News Readers Here" and James says "Its the same colour as well".

I was just wondering, what is a News Reader. I tried googling it and it didn't look like I got anything.

News Reader -- aka teleprompter reader. aka puppet-head; one who mindlessly reads teleprompter newscopy without an ounce of critical thought; ironically they are thought of as "journalists".

nm_jennings_anchors_050805_ssh.jpg
sawyer-couric-320.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh I see. I was expecting like a little stand where people sell newspapers being made out of plastic. Thank you guys for clearing that up =D

Good morning, all. Does anyone happen to know exactly which road they were on when James decided he finally liked his Caddy, Jeremy was powersliding, etc.? I'll be driving through Ely next month but won't have a ton of time to explore. I'd love to hit that road, tho. Looking around at Google Maps, I'm guessing they did either route 486 or 893: http://goo.gl/maps/vMBq 486 appears to be dirt in some parts, at least. Not that they necessarily drove straight through on one road, of course (ah, the beauty of post-production editing)?

I'm new to the show and have been catching up...

I live in San Francisco and was very much looking forward to this episode. I enjoyed it hugely, though I was somewhat disappointed the boys didn't do more in San Francisco beyond visiting Twin Peaks and Chinatown. I'd expected them to do something Bullitt-related. All those hills, and no high-speed chases...

Reno is indeed a toilet, and I was delighted to see the guys say so.

I've never heard Will Young's music and wasn't looking forward to him, but he practically charmed the pants off Clarkson. I wasn't expecting them to get on anywhere near that well. Strangely fun.

Yeah the Golden Gate looks nothing like it's predecessors... "Oh but it's red!!!"

The Golden Gate does indeed look nothing like its predecessors--it is an unsurpassed masterpiece of Art Deco bridge design, whereas the Humber Bridge looks bland and dreary, regardless of its size.

Last edited: