[12x02] November 9th, 2008

[12x02] November 9th, 2008

• Total voters
9/10. Enjoyed the Abarth 500 review. A proper car review this time after last weeks apparent rubbish. The somewhat uneventful road trip segment was still good to watch. James was at his best this week. Despite him being Will Young, I rather enjoyed that SIARPC segment. Again it tops last week's segment. Minus one point for the mention of Lewis Hamilton.

"CLARKSON: On tonight's show...lol" That got me in tears.

Hmmm, technical observation, isn't this US challenge the first the editors have used video effects on a challenge segment? Video effects that they only would have used on a car review segment. I don't remember them ever using effects on past challenge segments.

Last edited:
brilliant car review, even made me eager to buy that abarth. As for the america trip, they're being very top gear indeed. So "factual" that i was rolling on my bed watching it :D especially the scene at reno. Nice choice of car too and I absolutely adore the new challenger and zr-1. Love them very much :D I wonder what is the code for this week, looking forward to anyone who is kind to enough to decode it

Last edited:
After watching the Abarth 500 SS review again... I'm seriously considering putting that on my shortlist for my next car. Whenever that is!

Loved the episode,

one thing to notice though is they have at least '2' chase/camera vehicles that we see in certain clips. Chevrolet Trailblazer in silver and a Ford Explorer eddie bauer in black w tan trim...

Which in the Reno Car alarm scene are the exact 2 vehicles Jeremy and Hammond set the alarms off on...

Yeah, noticed that as well :mrgreen:.

On another forum they're debating if the cops are actors :rolleyes:

Great episode.

Even though i had no idea who that Will guy is, i really enjoyed the interview. The Fiat was cool and the america bit was so interesting it made me want a Cadillac or a Corvette. Although i've always wanted a Corvette, but a Cadillac.....thats new for me.

clarkson drifting. bet that was the stig or someone else because clarkson is crap at driving.
look at a few of the videos that he has out and you will find most of the high speed drifting is not him when you freeze frame.

That's twice you've said that! You only seem to be making negative comments. Are you upset about something? Or perhaps are you watching a TV show that you don't like at all just so you can complain?

Just curious

Great episode, and unlike after the last American episode i wasn't pissed at my fellow countrymen. Although it does seem like TG goes out of their way to film wierdos for some reason. Anyway, the Fiat was neat and the big trip was one of my favorite segments in a while, that Corvette is amazing,

Another solid 9/10. The Roadrip wasn't quite as epic as their previous US effort, but - to paraphrase Clarkson himself - that's like saying Uma Thurman isn't quite as sexy as Sophie Marceau... you'd still *^&% her senseless given half a chance ;-) May overtaking Clarkson and the 'race' between the two was pure gold, as was Clarkson's drifting (assuming it was him, of course, though we all know he CAN drive sideways quite well).

Fiat review - excellent. News - excellent. Love the dig at the whole Truck/Hooker thing by mentioning the GT2 time instead. SIARPC - surprisingly good.

All round - cinematography seems to have gone up a notch (if that were possible). It's flashy and clever yet never overdone, so it never seems obvious or gets old. Nice stuff.

Almost forgot ... anyone got Stig?s Morse-Code?

Yup our good morse code buddy has decoded it

And herrrrrrrrrrrrre's what you're all waiting for, it's the Stig's Morse messages to his home planet in the Fiat 500 Abarth power lap...

The first one reads "I VOTED ROSS P..." before Jezza starts chuntering all over it and the spectrogram can no longer filter the morse beeps out of the sound. My ears will certainly offer no further help, and I really tried. I am going to stick my neck out and extrapolate the rest to: "I VOTED ROSS PEROT".

The second is far clearer, and says: "ME SMELL CATS".

Oh and I just watched it again and rememberd Jeremys apology :rofl:
Ohh he knows how to deal with those things :p

And Iron Load reminded me of jessica also. Jeremy going "On tonights program....."
BUAHAAH :p

That's twice you've said that! You only seem to be making negative comments. Are you upset about something? Or perhaps are you watching a TV show that you don't like at all just so you can complain?

Just curious

i do like some parts of TG but hate all the setup shit like slows caddy crash that need not be in there.
I think clarkson should put his hand up and say this aint me drifting because im not a great driver.
Get tiff back who can handle a car

well there'll be some happy americans on here after that!

I still think the ZR-1 is tasteless

That Challenger gives me a fat though.

and May overtaking Clarkson: Unexpected GOLD

I recently had the privilege of closely inspecting a 599 and Z06 that were parked next to each other.

No, just no.

Unexpected gold... or was that "ok may take him now" over the radio.. "clarkson make out your shocked that he just took you".

Here's a Top Gear Top Tip: If you hate Top Gear that much, why do you still watch it and then bore us with your whining?

Did i say i hate it no... please keep ontrack with your comments... TG not me if you may thank you.
Also does this say discussions forum or just happy fluffy comments for happy fluffy people, i think not.

Dont like what i say ignore it or correct me if im wrong on something, its called a debate.

Did i say i hate it no... please keep ontrack with your comments... TG not me if you may thank you.
Also does this say discussions forum or just happy fluffy comments for happy fluffy people, i think not.

Dont like what i say ignore it or correct me if im wrong on something, its called a debate.

And don't piss off the people who run the site. kthxbye.

Have fun in your own little world then.

Oh, and on most forums negrepping a general moderator because he speaks his mind is a VERY VERY bad idea.

The problem I find with the end of the Shawshank Redemption is that it is scripted.

Anyway, whether it was Clarkson or not, that long ZR1 slide around the hairpin made me go "oooooooh". Not just for the slide, but the way it was filmed and edited.