[12x03] November 16th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take on the challenge of making an ordinary second hand car lap the test track as fast as a brand new, purpose built sports saloon. Also, James travels to the frozen north to discover why the Finns are such good racing drivers. Meanwhile Richard hammers around the track in the outlandish Veritas sports car and Mark Wahlberg is the Hollywood Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

philipman1

I hope its a convertible. It would be very funny to see the roof collapse from the wind as it did in the Convertible People Carrier challenge.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
Is Mark Wahlberg well known in the UK? He seems like one of the last people that would be a guest on Top Gear. The Veritas Roadster is badass, that's the review I'm most looking forward to.

Mr. Nice

Somehow I think that many Americans here will love that Wahlberg is on SIARPC, even though most of his movies are pretty bad... I have the misfortune of owning the modern "Italian Job"

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Sounds like it all has potential. A silly challenge for those who like the cocking about, a slightly more sensible piece from Mr May for the old farts like me who think he is somewhat underused especially of late, and a SIARPC segment that could be good for once - cue a stream of feeble attempts from Marky Mark to plug "Max Payne" while Jeremy rips into him about "The Italian Job" and asks if he got to see Charlize Theron naked!

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
I'm liking the sounds of this - the challenge sounds great, but I'm really looking forward to James' piece on the Finns.

pebblepixie

haah James hates the cold - remember how much he sulked at the start of the Polar Challenge.

I bet Jeremy 'voluteered' him.....:lol:

who the hell is Mark Wahlberg...?

only joking :|

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
Sounds like it will be a great episode. I hope they actually modify the cars engines instead of just stripping out the cars.

Gman333-X-ferrari

Car(s)
Holden Cruze SRi Z-Series, Honda CBR250RR
Sounds like a great episode - really looking forward to the 'making an ordinary second hand car lap the test track as fast as a brand new, purpose built sports saloon' challenge - can't wait! :thumbsup:

Posmo

I'm a piano until proven otherwise
Car(s)
'86 Sierra iS, '70 Cortina, '90 Sierra, '04 RS182
This will be one of the best TG episodes ever, mark my words.

Just no way they could muck this one up! Finns, marky Mark, Veritas and people carrier racer! :D

Brother Michael

Car(s)
-02 BMW 530d Touring M-Sport
This has potential for awesome written all over it. Reeeeeeeally looking forward to May visiting Finland; this is the one piece I have been wanting to se from day one when I started watching Top Gear. And now they've done it !! And it is here !!

I do not care even if the build-your-sports car -challenge turned out to be a complete disaster, it all will be forgiven because of H?kkinen. That said, I am actually looking forward to this challenge.

I am willing to be this will be the best episode of the season.

Jos J.

Car(s)
2011 Volkswagen Polo Slowmotion, 2014Peugeot308 SW
The man from the Italian Job! NICE!

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
This one sounds like a winner! But I have exams so I won't be able to see it until the week after. :(

Mr. Nice

I wonder if Clarkson will be shielding the minorities in the audience from being attacked by Wahlberg :lol: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.