[12x03] November 16th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Marky Mark will think of that Funky Bunch.

Yes, I had to, I'm sorry.

Woo Marky Mark! good stuff. this season is tunring out great so far.

Season 12 is looking up!

Awesome on Toast!

You know that Hammond will put in things onto his car that will make it tacky and not increase horsepower. haha

You know that Hammond will put in things onto his car that will make it tacky and not increase horsepower. haha

Are they all getting their own car? I was under the impression they all 3 were working on the same car like the 'vet people carrier one.

Hopefully they do have 1 each. Clarkson's would not work because he will copy the evo's logic of big turbo and get something comical big and it just won't be able to spool, by 8k he might have 4psi. Hammond would be the one shown with the huge spoiler with a racing stripe and will actually be the fastest but not much faster than stock and james would have the best one, ported engine, proper sized turbo, ect but will be let down because the presenters not the stig will do the time.

Mark needs to end his interview with "Say hello to your mother for me, okay?"

Whoa, that's cool that Marky Mark will be on Top Gear.

turbobowdown.gif
to Hakkinen

This episode will be compared to the recently aired, glorious episode 2.
I wonder how it will stack up, but I do love these challenges they do from time to time.

I cannot wait. :)

Marky Mark could be hilarious if someone could get Jezza to say "Say hi to your mother for me" to him. It would totally get Jezza punched in the face. As much as I love Clarkson, it would be hilarious.

The reference is to a Saturday Night Live skit a few weeks back that Mark didn't like so much. Video here: http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/soccer_redcard/2008/10/say-hi-to-your.html

I don't know if you caught it (hard to pick up stuff on forum posts) but he wasn't ever actually mad so Clarkson saying it would just get a chuckle.

Just spotted this on the TG Website:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/11/09/not-so-captain-slow/

the biggest shock about Sunday?s Top Gear wasn?t the lack of complaints, or that nothing fell over, exploded or crashed through a brick wall. No, it was the sight of Captain Slow being? not slow.

No one was more shocked than Jeremy as the Cadillac CTS-V speared past him with James at the wheel, suddenly gripped with an uncommon love of what he might previously have called ?ungentlemanly driving?.

So what?s going on here? Well, we reckon two things are to blame. Firstly, his previous mission to max the Bugatti Veyron which we suspect gave him a taste for velocities in excess of the steady 49mph he might normally enjoy in his Panda. And secondly, the day he spent with Jackie Stewart which gave him the instruction and encouragement he needed to unlock the inner speed demon.

But if you thought the sight of a slightly excitable Captain Slow gunning his Caddy was strange and alarming, just wait until next week?s show when James goes to Finland to find out why the locals are so good at motorsport and gets his hands dirty again with some proper wheelsmithery. At this rate we may have to seriously consider changing his nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.