[12x03] November 16th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol!

I just can't wait any longer! Must see new top gear now! :blowup:

Sounds like a good follow up to this weeks ep. A more well known guest, some big cocking about and an awesomely sounding trip to Finland with James. I'm assuming May will be in various cars? Since there's the clip with Hakkinen and then the quote from TG.com that says he does some more un-Slow-like speed.

:D

Or just the Mayfly???

He certainly wears enough Mayflowery shirts. As man of his own house, he is head of the May Den. And, if the exchange during the news about cars and cocks was any indication, his Maypole... anyway. If you couldn't tell, I have an unfortunate tendency to speak in Uxbridge English.

Reactions: MWF
He certainly wears enough Mayflowery shirts. As man of his own house, he is head of the May Den. And, if the exchange during the news about cars and cocks was any indication, his Maypole... anyway. If you couldn't tell, I have an unfortunate tendency to speak in Uxbridge English.

And he plays keyboards too, mostly compositions by Maybach. Probably.

What will Hammond be wearing next week 'for a bet'. Seems to be their new gag for this season.

Mark Wahlberg FTW! Fuck yeah I wanna see him as a guest!! :D (maybe they'll talk about Max Payne? :D)

This sounds awesome. We know Wahlberg's a car nut - just look at some of the stuff that's been on Entourage over the years - the matching DB9 convertibles is one of my fav episodes of that show.

Challenge sounds hilarious as usual.

Apparently the moving seat thing that Hammond drove in Japan is going to be shown this episode. I saw it on another forum.

Top Gear gets the spanners outIn the third programme of the brand new all-singing, all-dancing, all-a-bit-on-fire series of Top Gear Jeremy, Richard and James face one of their toughest challenges to date as they're instructed to make an ordinary second-hand car lap the test track as quickly as a snorting, turbocharged, four-wheel drive Mitsubishi Evo X. And it's a task made especially difficult because the second-hand car in question is a piece of unloved mentalism not famed for its pin-sharp handling.

Also in this week's programme, James travels to the frozen north to discover just why the Finns make such good racing drivers. With four world rally champions from its shores and more F1 champs per head than any other nation there must be some secret, and it can't be because - FACT! - they drink more coffee and borrow more library books than anywhere else on earth.

Meanwhile, Richard is in Japan to drive the I-Real which is Toyota's idea of urban transport for the future. It's basically a sort of motorised bath chair.

And as if that wasn't enough, the star in a reasonably priced car is rapper, actor and bone fide Hollywood superstar Mark Wahlberg. The attendance of the rest of the Funky Bunch still to be confirmed

Apparently the moving seat thing that Hammond drove in Japan is going to be shown this episode. I saw it on another forum.

Wtf? According to that, no Veritas :(

Mark Wahlberg! Actually a star who is known outside the U.K, I'm so excited! :-D
Wonder what May will be driving in Finland with Hakkinen? Being from Finland I'm very excited that TG finally arrives here! They've drove trough Norway and IIRC Sweden in one of their big challenges so about time they visit Finland. There is way too many days until the next ep.
Anyone got any idea what car or performance they are going to use as benchmark in their building challenge? I mean more specificly than what is mentioned in the summary (sports saloon).

Anyone got any idea what car or performance they are going to use as benchmark in their building challenge? I mean more specificly than what is mentioned in the summary (sports saloon).

From what was quoted previously by stevanford1, it'll be an Evo X. I'm assuming it'll be the FQ300 cause that was the one the sent around the track previously.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/11/12/the-wahlberg-has-landed/

Massive Hollywood Celebrity Film Star Type-Person Mark ?The Wahlberg? Wahlberg has touched down at the Top Gear test track. In a helicopter. An actual helicopter. How Hollywood is that?

The Wahlberg looks hungry: he was straight out of the chopper and into our Reasonably Priced Car for a few sighting laps with The Stig and, despite him being an American and the Chevy being right-hand drive and ?stick?, he?s giving it the full enchilada. That?s an American expression.

Anyhow, there?s none of your turn-up-and-take-the-cash film star apathy from The Wahlberg (not least because the only thing he?s taking away from the studio today is a packet of Ready Salted Walkers and two digestive biscuits). He?s out for a quick lap.

The Mole hasn?t managed to sneak a look at the stopwatch, but judging by the kicking the Lacetti is getting, we?re thinking it?s not slow.

The Wahlberg?s appearance on just the third episode of the new series does present a bit of a problem, though: where do we go from here? There?s not much room for improvement. Jesus? Shakespeare? Dean Gaffney? ?

This might be the first time I do not fast forward past the SIARPC portion of an episode. So far this episode is shaping up to be a pretty good one. That Veritas car looks pretty slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.