[12x03] November 16th, 2008

[12x03] November 16th, 2008

• Total voters
I rated this one a 7 cause I rate it against everything else on TV and not just other TG episodes.

It was a nice EP no doubt, but that's about it. In TV terms it means it was spectacular but in TG terms..... Nothing special. Bring on the next one :D

Finland, Yay. Everything else, ney. Just review more damn cars!

I think the Avantime was half a lark and half trying to make a point.

They are trying to make a point modifying a car isn't just slapping on random parts and expecting things to go a lot faster. So that's sort of their serious point.

The fun starts with the F1 spoiler and the MDF aerodynamics that made me laugh a lot.

3. Loved James's piece in Finland. I appreciate the time and attention to detail that he dedicates to his work. He brings a different and refreshing perspective. Also, I wish I could have the driving skills of a Finnish driver :(. My driving test consisted of parallel parking and driving on a public road at 25mph. Bring Finnish driving tests to the U.S. for today's young drivers - I would bet it would make them better on the road (but not necessarily racing drivers :lol:).

Bring finish driving test to North America and you'll have millions of people never being able to drive. Oh wait that's a good thing less taffic! :mrgreen:

Therefore if you are less than happy with tonight's show go and kick the shit out of Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand because it's all their fault.
As if anyone needed an excuse...

PS Massive rep for life to anyone who can get me the address and phone number of the cute girl who confessed to having a Brazilian!. WANT!
What the very married Mineworksfine didn't state is that the rep would be negative after Mrs Hersworksfinetoo ties him up tonight and steals his FG account...

But they didn't "get 2 days" - they write the scripts. I would really have enjoyed seeing them buy a (for example) second hand Vauxhall Corsa and spending ?5k tweaking it to see how close they could get to the performance of a Golf GTI
Back in my day it was all about Novas. Month in, month out, Max Power was guaranteed to have three or four of them with that bloke with the corkscrew perm waxing lyrical about how great they were...

Sometimes I wonder if any Novas that haven't gone to the scrapyard - which is most of them, now - survive untouched by the hand of the Max Power crowd.

Including the 1.0-litre base model I had once.

Someone gave me negative rep and called me 'ricer scum' because I used to have an Impreza
...words fail me.

facepalm.jpg

Finally they came here to Finland, country full of petrolheads!! Best part in Top Gear ever! More of this, please! I'm still waiting Top Gear to invite H?kkinen, R?ikk?nen or Kovalainen to their track!
...plus Al?n, Vatanen, Mikkola, Salonen, Kankkunen, M?kinen & Gr?nholm. I'll bet even the old giffers will still be able to handle a rally car like they'd only retired yesterday. Let's not forget Keke "Medallion Man" Rosberg either. And some bloke called Jyrki J?rvilehto who won at Le Mans a couple of times.

"will you make a big one,for fat people?"
I finally got my answer:I was wondering where the footage with the chair-car, in the season 11 preview, was from(I rewatched every episode thinking that I've missed it).
Very nice looking rims on the Avantime;in fact, the whole car looked good(except for the rear which ends too abruptly).

The Mikka Hakkinen bit was really cool. I'm kinda over F1 as it is now, but back when Mikka was around I loved it. Seeing him teach James was really neat. I would have watched a DVD of that. The only experience I have with his kind of driving is when I drive my 4x4 out in the woods or when a hurricane or tropical storm comes. Driving with the roads that wet will put hair on your peaches real quick.

I went on the pre-episode discussion thread and I found this.

topgear.com said:
And, in a bit of proper top-secret gossip, The Mole spotted Jeremy indulging in a bit of DIY culinary activity. We?re not sure whether it?ll make it into the show ? health and safety aren?t looking too keen...
Now we know what that bit of DIY culinary activity was, and seeing how many people have thrown the book at it, think of it as a victory for Top Gear against the Health & Safety wombles that the curly-headed one likes to rant about. And it's generated complaints from the lentil-munchers, with no doubt a few "Dear Daily Mail, I am disgusted..." letters still to come.

And isn't that what this series is all about?

Great episode.

9/10

When Jeremy says that James is doing some training for a supercar test on the TG track, he's for sure talking about the Zonda F from the series preview. He'll be racing the Zonda F against the Stig in a Veyron! :w00t:

CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT (and hopefully a timed lap for the Veyron, finally)! :D

Question, where is the thread where one can request GIF's from the episode, I want the sideways Avantime. :p

8/10 Blender segment was completely pointless.

9/10

I would like one of those wheel chair things. Would be nice to pop in on my neighbors using it.

Liked the news. I would really like to see all three of them giving that walking machine thing a try.

Really liked James in Finland.

Liked the V8 blender. And I just love James. That man will try anything. I never saw Jeremy actually try it though.

I wish they had started with just a good car tune up to see what they alone would have done for the car and then try the other stuff. (the reason for the 9/10 really)

I really liked this show overall. I liked the "unscripted" talk about what they should do to the car. (That car reminded me of the Monkee's car for some reason)

And I also want to know why Matt would be offering a bribe to people seeking the information of another woman. Inquiring minds and all that.

Bring finish driving test to North America and you'll have millions of people never being able to drive. Oh wait that's a good thing less taffic! :mrgreen:

I would so enjoy that...not having random people cut you off, screaming and cursing...driving would be fun again :lol:

Average episode, weakest one of the season thus far. Toyota segment was nice but I'll never watch it again. V8 blender went on for too long and wasn't interesting. News was entertaining, as was James' Finnish rally drifting lessons with Mika. Marky Mark was and always will be lame. Wished more of the episode went toward tuning the Avantime, which was excellent but ended too abruptly.

6/10

Weird episode... there was facts!

Odd episode, but still very good. The V8 Blender was classic! :lmao: I quite liked the Finland bit, and James is doing a supercar review on the track!? Has hell frozen over?

What a great episode XD

Clarkson "I wanted to say"
May "Back to the Studio"

I don't know, that episode left me unsatisifed... it was still brilliant as usual.. but it was lacking something. SIARPC segment was uninteresting as usual, but the modified car bit was pretty funny. I want that blender, haha.

The future of TG.....

TG_LOSW.jpg

Might be a bit lost on non-UK folk., or those under 35 !