[12x03] November 16th, 2008

[12x03] November 16th, 2008

• Total voters
I enjoyed this episode, interesting bit about the finns. 8/10.

No morse code :(

I was dyin' when they fired up that V8 blender and the juices started spraying out the side, I thought he was gonna show that old viral video of the V8 chainsaw. Always been a Mark Wahlberg fan, it was a neat interview. James' segment in Finland was soo cool, gotta visit that place some day. I gave it a 9/10

Gave it an 8. Overall a good episode, and I have to say, last weeks episode would be hard to beat. Liked it, but it just didn't seem incredibly special. Not an episode I'll be watching over and over, but enjoyed it just the same.

I just wish Mr Wilman would take note.

Why should he? When EVERY single week regardless of how good or bad the show is 50-100 people rate the show 10/10 If I was into research for the BBC they'd say "Look we're doing exactly what the viewers want every week, so no need to change anything"

Hence my post last week about nothing being perfect.

Oh and to the guy that mentioned Philipa Forester. Have you ever seen a beautiful woman. Just curious what your comparing to :lol: :p

Edited to add

To the people that get into this "rep" thing. a) your pretty sad and b) Why cant any of you take criticism? Or are you just used to it in your own lives and now you can be a keyboard warrior LOL

To the people that get into this "rep" thing. a) your pretty sad and b) Why cant any of you take criticism? Or are you just used to it in your own lives and now you can be a keyboard warrior LOL

From reading your posts it might be something to do with the fact they think you are a cock. Probably.

And while you consider that possibility why not Google "apostrophes" and learn how to use them? Actually a crash course in punctuation as a whole wouldn't be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Not sure what to make of this week's episode in some ways...

SIARPC was... odd. Walhberg was not good and seemed uncomfortable there. Jeremy looked like he wasn't sure what to do half the time. Also, I hate hate when they do promos during SIARPC. It seriously breaks the feel of the show.

The V8 blender was amusing. That's silliness I can appreciate.

I never knew that the Fins were so serious about driving. :blink: My driving test here in the States was a joke even by US standards.

The Toyota chair... no comment.

The challenge was interesting though not one of their better ones.

8/10

From reading your posts it might be something to do with the fact they think you are a cock. Probably.

And while you consider that possibility why not Google "apostrophes" and learn how to use them? Actually a crash course in punctuation as a whole wouldn't be a bad thing.

Don't feed the troll. Eventhough you are right, he has a point too. In the 6 months i'm reading this forums i've never seen as many rep talk as in this thread... rep is a fun thing, but nothing to get overexcited about, i think ;)

Last edited:
I absolutely loved the May/Haekkinen segment.
Can't wait for James driving a supercar, that has got to be awesome!

I thought the SIARPC was ridiculous, if they are gonna keep that segment they should stop bringing in american actors...

The segment with the Renault was somewhat lacking.
Too short, not enough cocking about and if they are gonna do a task like that, at least tune to engine hardcore.

This ep gets a 8/10.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm going to have to re-watch the show just because I laughed so hard at some points, I missed what was being said.

Bottom line though, I loved this one as much as I loved last week's show, but for entirely different reasons.

ETA: I would totally love an animated GIF of the boys in the Avantime as Richard slides across the back seat!

Last edited:
A very average ep.

They had over ?9000 to spend tuning a car, and they did the brakes and suspension!!!! Where were the 1000hp turbos etc!!
Not very top gear! But then top gear isnt very top gear anymore :(

Yeah I was hoping they would actually do some real engine work, though 7 seconds shaved is still very impressive for such a car.

this was definately may's episode!

Amen to that!

My favourite of the season so far, this is the Top Gear that I love. Watching James come alive on the track in Finland was impressive (And first supercar test! That will be very interesting!) and I loved watching them improve the Renault...although it didn't go as well as I'd hoped! They wasted a bit too much money needlessly (two sets of tyres?) but it was amazing to see what an all-nighter by James could do - raising the BHP up by 50 was amazing.

And we finally got to see the Japanese car/seat segment and that thing can go pretty fast :lol:

Fantastic! Also enjoying the extravagent jackets worn for a 'bet' too.

Oh! And did anyone else notice the Bottom reference when James was tasting the blended drink? The bloody...awful. I guess Richie and Eddie were from Hammersmith, after all. I'd like to think of James as a Bottom fan but would have thought it would be too crude for his taste!

And from a girls point of view - whatever they did to Hammond in the make up chair, keep doing it!

Last edited:
Anyone else surprised at May's driving abilities? I was very impressed with his ability to drift that 190...

Great ep, best of the season, and one of the best ever :D

May really stole the show, and I'm really glad he did!

The Mika segment, great! It was great seeing james driving like that! Can't wait for his next week's test!
News, great!
SIARPC was ok too. Wahlberg isn't much of a driver tho!

And the Renault bit was great! That car looked like it was flying! A good challenge, short and sweet!

I like this, a show with a bit more then just the usual tracktest/challenge/SIARPC/challenge format.
Lots of bits > 3 big bits :)

gave it a ten!

I could be wrong here, but in the bit with the Renault vs. Evo 10, I think there was a great glazing over of a couple important things. First - if they really did blow budget on two sets of tires, imagine what they could have done with that extra bit of money. Beyond that though, and I could be wrong, but if my recollection serves properly - did the Renault end up with a better time around the track than a Lotus Elise?! How awesome is that. An Elise is not a powerhouse by any means, but, the fact they made the Renault even hang in Lotus territory to me is staggering.

I give this episode a million points just for finnish section(and yes, i am Finn),h?kkinen is a living legend, i always be big fan of him, driving-license test in here is challenging for a reason, driving conditions can be difficult during winter. avantime section was quite good, rest was basic stuff..
h?kkinen = driving god :burnrubber:
all petrolheads, welcome to Finland, there everything for everyone in here!
and btw, its Mika Hakkinen, not mikka or something..

Last edited:
Avant Garde. Theres something definetly wrong with the Stig. Slower with better brakes? A service doesnt liberate 50 odd Hp either. it'll help but not that much! 1st figure was ATW. 2nd was Flywheel to exagerate the improvement. They should of had better guidance on where to spend the money though. Could of easily beaten the Evo with the right things. Liked the segment though.

The brakes will slow the car down for two reasons, one, they add unsprung weight slowing acceleration and deceleration, two, it's only one lap on a power track. The brakes do not get used enough to justify larger ones, the stock brrakes are just as capable at stopping the car, more so in fact because they are lighter. Larger brakes only help to dissipate more heat, my race car has stock brakes on it, know why? The reasons outlined above. They don't get hot enough to need extra cooling.

If they had ignored the brakes, put sticky rubber on the STOCK wheels, did the suspension, and added either a turbo kit or NOX, they would have done it. Remember, it's a power track.

Guys, I really don't understand what u didnt like about the Mike interview, I havse seen it twice and I enjoyed it. I thought he was rather funny.