[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

• Total voters
8/10 Solid episode!

Liked the race, and the SIARPC was a good laugh! I really really thought the veyron would be quicker round the TG Track......i'm gutted!

I thought it was great this week. Very funny, great entertainment. Some hot woman in the audience.

Only downer was the SITRPC - Harry Enfield WAS funny but just not now

I gave it a 8 Loved James going round the track was that his panda thought he had a red one.
Must say found the race to be a bit boring but wonder what footwear James will be sporting next week for the news.

I had a weird De Ja Vu moment during the news, when they were talking about that car with the "surfboard hatch".

I had that too :blink:

Overall a really good episode, and I'm really happy the Veyron was only 5th fastest :lol: , don't like that car, Koenigsegg FTW!!!

The race was really good, but I don't really remember much about the news, people in the room were talking again.

9/10, only because I was comparing it to last weeks episode which I thought was epic.

I gave it a 8 Loved James going round the track was that his panda thought he had a red one.
Must say found the race to be a bit boring but wonder what footwear James will be sporting next week for the news.

Yeah that was his Panda:)

9/10 for me, excellent episode and very enjoyable.
James' first power test was great (especially with the Stig with James' shirt.)
The race at first sounded dull but it really got me interested in how they managed it. i was left wondering what would have happened if Clarkson floored it and not fooled around.
The SIARPC didn't really keep my interest and spent most of my time checking out the birds in the background.
The Veyron test lap didn't surprise me. i wanted the Veyron to be the fastest but i had always guessed there was a reason that Bugatti didn't give them the Veyron.
Damn good episode and another good addition to an already good series of Top Gear.

Hugely enjoyable episode. A proper classic (as in "old school") TG episode. A race, a review, some cocking about and a gorgeous new car.

When they lined up the Zonda and the Veyron for the drag race it was like having Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz giving you the come to bed eyes. (Though I'd chose Diaz/Veyron because Jolie/Zonda would be just as enjoyable but a little too batshit mental.)

Last week I was a little bit uncertain what to say about the show.

This week I'm not.

BRILLIANT!

That was Top Gear the way I like it - A nice review, made more entertaining by the fact that it was James in a supercar on the track (hmmm... funny how a helmet and gloves can make so much difference to his performance ;) ), the Estoque concept (I'm joining in with the wishing Lamborghini put it into production), the Veyron on the track (it might not be the fastest, but it sounds glorious) and a proper TG race. It was all about cars, and the cocking about was in context. It was fun, entertaining and properly exciting - thought I was going to leave a damp patch on the sofa watching those power laps.

This one is right up there with episode 12:02 for me. Fabulous stuff :)

need link! :D

www.topgear.com

Search in the video's news uncut episode 2.

thought that was very strange. While I was watching, I was thinking I've seen this last week, haven't I? Is this some sort of a joke. It took a while before I realised I'd seen it on the internet.

But overall a great episode.
Loved James first fast car on track review, very funny race. Just loved the episode. Thought the SIARPC was quite funny, clarkson world LOL :D Saw it before, but hey.
9/10 there has to be some room for improvement!

Brilliant episode, loved it! I gave it a 9. James in the Zonda was epic, I just wished that part was a little longer and the race a bit shorter. Still, the race was quite funny, I was amazed by that Jag.

About the Veyron, I never expected it to be first, I always thought it would be where it was now, fourth or fifth. But from the top ten cars on the board, the Veyron is probably the most luxurious.

LOVE LOVE LOVE BLOODY LOVE :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Jameses review was EPIC! What a music, what a scenery, what a camerawork. This is the back-to-fucking-basics season for me.

Starting off with the Zonda F's review. I think James did well here, and I don't really mean that in a serious sense. It was funny, and to the point. It was very nice for a change from Jeremy's dialogue, and interesting to see the Stig in clothes other than his own... :hmm: :lol:
Very nice to see a Veyron on the track too, and its clear that Bugatti didn't give them one, by the personalised numberplate seen. I think everyone on the planet owes that bloke a beer. He will become very drunk.

The news also went as normal, and it was brilliant to see Harry Enfield on again! I think they should have shown more of 'Clarkson Island', but oh well. I seemed awfully confused when watching the lap. It was as if Clarkson wasn't actually watching the lap...it looked amazingly slow and not 'ambitious' or 'quick' as he kept talking about. It just seemed slow. Lap time was not epic, but who was expecting anything specific? :lol:

The race. Now clearly Clarkson thought, how can I do this? I know, lets do it as I did before, by driving from London to Glasgow and back in an Audi A8 twin turbo! And it worked! James was simply let down by his sense of direction - before they set off. Going a longer route was stupid. But anyway, I would've taken the Jaguar as well. I love the new/current XJ. Having seen it at MPH08, It is HUGE inside, and actually bloody cool. Spec it in XJR black, and you have a truly scary car. I want one! But it is still amazing that a huge twin turbo V6 made it all the way.

And finally the Veyron lap. Well who was expecting it to blitz the lap board? Not me. That Gumpert is WAY to good to be beaten by a luxury whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh mobile. However I wasn't expecting it to end up 5th... The Zonda did well, but still not well enough IMO, but anyway. What goes, goes.

Overall, I would give it an 8/10. It was a very entertaining show, but not all that funny. However it was great to see another race in which certain things can't happen, and to see Clarkson writhing under the pressure was hilarious. Good stuff!

Rumours on other forums, the owner of the Veyron told TG to take it easy.

I want the Veyron to go around again. :(

Knowing James, it'll have to be trendy chav trainers to fill him with the full amount of horror.

Koenigsegg still beat Veyron and Zonda.
I am a very happy girl right now. :D
I know I should be, because the Koenigsegg CCX deserves to be in the fridge with the two Astons. Let's face it, if you die in a blazing inferno in a Swedish supercar, the Pearly Gates are not what you'll be going through (and if you did, "where are the women?" would get you absolutely nowhere).

But instead of being happy at a Scandinavian triumph, I'm utterly shellshocked.

That time for the Veyron is slow.

And if what Aston Martin said above is true, that minor accident I had due to thinking about tight starched collars just after having a huge dinner might just be about to repeat itself. I can already feel the acid burning the back of my throat.

I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight.