[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
James buy a new fucking shirt for Christ sake.

Veyron, Veyron, Veyron. :cool:
That shoulda been a dull race, but was watchable. Jeremy making it there was too obvious.
James did an intro... he reads the board, now James read my top sentence.<_<

The Veyron looked slow going around, i'm gutted. :(

p.s. All the TV guides said Kevin McCloud as the star. :(

One Word: Brilliant!

100% epic, it gets 10!

James review with stig epic.

Fuel Economy Run epic (guessing they knew the Jag would go far from the time Jez drove the R to Scotland)

Guest Epic

Zonda v Veyron Epic

[/epic]

I reckon the Veyron would have been faster in the other mode with the spoiler down. Would have made a difference on the follow through I think.

9/10 for me. James did his first power test (and Stig intro), and the mileage challenge had a lot of laugh-out-loud-moments for me, at least. Awesome Zonda, and we finally saw the Veyron go around the track. SIARPC was a tad boring, though.

Excellent episode. Loved every bit of it!
James tracktest was really good, and funny when he yelled POWWAAHH!
The race was also surprisingly intense, Jeremy making it was also fun. 'Airco on, heat on, all for the sake of burning fuel'.
And finally, the powerlap of the Veyron, I'd expected it to be not the fastest car. I think that it'd do better on a longer track. The spoiler-brake-thing is pretty cool however.

EDIT: Also, today I noticed how awfully long that Lamborghini Estoque is!

AMAZING!

Best episode in a long time...Zonda review was epic with the Stig sliding around the car, and the race was also really exciting...I'm properly impressed with the Jag as well...

As for the times, I'm sure that this was to be expected, the Veyron just isn't quick enough around corners...and I love that Zonda and th enoise it makes...

The race was surprisingly good, very tense stuff. I really enjoyed the episode, but I went to get a cuppa during the SIARPC, that segment is getting boring now.

Good solid show this week. They got the balance right of cocking about vs cars. No big complaints from me this week. The fuel race was quite interesting in fact, and yes I know Jezza did something like that before in a Audi A8, but the race element adding something different, and I liked different.

I'm not surprised the Veyron was sooo "slow" round the track, it's butt ugly and has to be the World's most over hyped car ever. Give me a Caparo T1 any day :D

Reactions: Jon
brilliant, felt like tg back to itself, plenty of car reviewing, car news.. hyper super mega cool cars as well as standard cars you may have wondered about owning yourself (i have a 65mpg rated clio dci, but its 100hp, so goes a little tiny bit like stig!) i'd thought about the bluemotion..

BUT, how did they not mention the 4.2L A8's 800mile round trip, its a twin turbo V8, and is even faster than the jag.. so even more impressive, although it was insane that the jag was driven 'normally' for most of the journey

gutted that the veyron didnt top the board, insane straight line grunt, but i guess chucking that weight into corners, as well handled as it may be, just simply scrubs off too much speed.

10/10 for me as my weekend has been damn awful but its cheered me up a lot

Last edited:
I reckon the Veyron would have been faster in the other mode with the spoiler down. Would have made a difference on the follow through I think.

No. Downforce is more important than drag, basic aerodynamic prinicple. And in the other mode you cannot touch the brakes, or apply more than 15 degrees steering...

7, I think. It was alright, but the Veyron lap was predictable (the cornering speeds was rubbish quite frankly), it's way too heavy. The eco-race was alright too.

I think that it'd do better on a longer track.

I think so too. Take the Zonda vs Veyron to any of the current F1 tracks ( apart from the possible exception of Monaco) eg. Monza, China, Sepang, Fuji where you have a wide track and massive acceleration zones we might see a different result.

I had a weird De Ja Vu moment during the news, when they were talking about that car with the "surfboard hatch".

Overall good episode. 9/10