[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

• Total voters
Rumours on other forums, the owner of the Veyron told TG to take it easy.

I want the Veyron to go around again. :(

problem might be that while it may be a fast car in a straight line, it might still be too heavy around the corners. i don't doubt the Stig's ability, just the car's. I think the Veyron is still a piece of miracle engineering but its not the holy messiah of cars. too many metaphors make my head hurt....

I thought Stig didnt push veyron hard enough. Its not fair that Top Gear can abuse any car as much as they wantand they didnt the veyron. It looked so safe like they didnt want it to be the fastest. I've seen many Veyron starts and that hot lap start was poor. The car never even had a wheelspin in the last 2 corners or at all actually. OK 4WD but still lambos have them too and they have 1/2 the power and they slide nicely. What do you guys think, do I just want the veyron to be the fastest and blindly ignoring something important (I am aware of its weight)?

The Veyron isn't designed to be very fast on a track, it's just an extremely powerful luxurious car. If you wan't to go fast round a track, go and buy a Koenigsegg or something. The Veyron is a totally different car.

I thought Stig didnt push veyron hard enough. Its not fair that Top Gear can abuse any car as much as they wantand they didnt the veyron. It looked so safe like they didnt want it to be the fastest. I've seen many Veyron starts and that hot lap start was poor. The car never even had a wheelspin in the last 2 corners or at all actually. OK 4WD but still lambos have them too and they have 1/2 the power and they slide nicely. What do you guys think, do I just want the veyron to be the fastest and blindly ignoring something important (I am aware of its weight)?

As stated, it does belong to someone, so they may have backed off a little bit. I'm not surprised it wasn't fastest, but I was kind of expecting it to match the CCX. Maybe now Bugatti will lend them a car to try to get it closer to the top :D

- James' test was actually pretty damn good. Better than a handful of Jeremy's and Richard's tests for sure.
- Almost knew that the Veyron wouldnt be the new leader due to its weight. Simple.
- Jeremy putting "everything on" - even the passenger heated seats on max :lmao: :lmao:

Overall a very good episode.

- James' test was actually pretty damn good. Better than a handful of Jeremy's and Richard's tests for sure.
- Almost knew that the Veyron wouldnt be the new leader due to its weight. Simple.
- Jeremy putting "everything on" - even the passenger heated seats on max :lmao: :lmao:

Overall a very good episode.

Pretty much what I feel, the challenge wasn't as boring as it sounded (but being Top Gear I assumed it would get interesting) and James' test was great. Shame he had to put that white helmet on half way through though... :D

An 9 from me, Harry Enfield was still a bit dull.

Pretty much what I feel, the challenge wasn't as boring as it sounded (but being Top Gear I assumed it would get interesting) and James' test was great. Shame he had to put that white helmet on half way through though... :D

An 9 from me, Harry Enfield was still a bit dull.

maybe this will bring about a new 'who is the stig' theory and that it could be a bit of reverse psychology and be Captain Slow himself.

YEEEAH my backyard baby Koenigsegg CCX is better than the Veyron, I am truly happy to live in the same (sort of) county where those are being built :D

A great episode overall, awarded a 10 from me :D

maybe this will bring about a new 'who is the stig' theory and that it could be a bit of reverse psychology and be Captain Slow himself.

No, he wouldn't lose the car several times as they've shown in the outtakes.

The briljant way to win that race is following: use a Honda Accord with the "distance braking" option (been shown on TG or FG once). It has a 2.2l Diesel and 150Hp (same engine as in the Civic). At around 90km/h I get 4.5l/100km (= 70MPG). And now the trick: if I draft behind a lorry, I get 3l/100km=(94MPG), and you don't risk a collision because the car automatically brakes. Or you could slipstream the other 2 competitors and drive away a few miles from the finish.

Were my eyes deceiving me or could you see the heat haze coming off the Veyron while it was head on into the braking zones?

This goes all the way up to eleven. Amazing episode, had me in stitches and the edge of my seat all along.

Even so, it's obvious they didn't push the Veyron, and not just on the lap. Where's the classic TG powersliding? The smoky starts? The top speed run on the track? They did the speed run with most hypercars to see which would be the fastest on the straight, they should have with the Veyron, it's made for that single purpose.
Disappointed by the Veyron test, but still an excellent episode.

@babyjoe

But it is illegal not to keep enough distance to the car/lorry in front of you.

BTW, is it really required to wear a reflective vest in France?

Only to have it in the vehicle, which I suppose is reasonable. Although I do maintain rules like this should be EU wide, precisely because the rozzers will be nicking tourists with this as a form of revenue.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it.