[12x04] September 24th, 2007

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I have to admit, this was the one time I didn't skip the Plato/Celeb bit. :wicked:

It was ok, not terrible yet not terribly entertaining.

That's the same track tiff used for the m5, right?

that was a long powerslide, but they didn't record it fully. oh well.

i'm still watching right now, but i only liked the m3 bit.

the girl in jason plato's bit is alright too. she has a cute laugh, i think.

better than VBH's laugh..

I'm a bigger top gear fan and only watch fifth gear for its very up-to-date car reviews. I was really looking forward to the M3 section.

The review is pretty decent, but he hasn't really talked about the interior (which I know is just like a 3 series coupe except for the extra "power", EDC and DSC buttons) and he hasn't put much opinion. I look forward to Top Gear's review of the M3

$40,000 stereo for the rolls? BULL. I doubt it could even begin to compare with the $6,000 bang & olufson in the Audi A8

I
The review is pretty decent, but he hasn't really talked about the interior....and he hasn't put much opinion.

Thats because their isn't much to say about the M3s interior! After all this time i don't think tiff has yet mastered the ability to talk about something thats completely void of things worth discussing like Clarkson has. Atleast with Tiff you get a almost unbaised review of how the car actually drives, then Topgear will come along and tell us how the car makes them "feel."

So for that i have to agree i can't wait for the M3 review on Topgear, it should be James May as well (he said he was testing it Vs. a RS4 in a interview on skynews, the "2nd Life" one)

It was an alright ep, like like week. I actually liked the police driver segment, it's pretty fun listening how he access the track. Skipped the Jason and celeb bit.

The M3 review is typical of Tiff's review, so it's pretty good. I'm kinda surprised that Tiff said that the M3 understeers on corner entry and then it just oversteers, that's just how I felt it handles in the M3 challange game. I was kinda dissappointed that the new M3 isn't any quicker to 60mph than the old one (well, according to what they say in the show). So the new car is probably heavier, more understeer, and more expensive than the old car. I would probably just get an used previous gen M3 instead.

THe cheap car challenge was ok, and Tom's Drophead coupe review is only ok. Top Gear usually do a much better job at these ultra expensive car reviews.

I was kinda dissappointed that the new M3 isn't any quicker to 60mph than the old one (well, according to what they say in the show). So the new car is probably heavier, more understeer, and more expensive than the old car. I would probably just get an used previous gen M3 instead..

The E46 M3 Coupe did 0 - 60 in 5.2 secs
The E46 M3 Competition Package did 0 - 60 in 5.2 secs
The E46 M3 CSL did 0 - 60 in 4.8 secs

The E92 M3 Coupe (the one in the episode) does 0 - 60 in 4.8 secs.

I believe he said the E92 M3 did the same as the current RS4 - 4.8 secs.

I wonder what numbers the E92 CSL seen out on the 'Ring will do...

Tom was right about the frisson. It was bloody obvious.

*Vicki I wasn't impressed*

I want an E92 M3.

old E46 M3 does a low- mid 13sec quarter mile
new E92 M3 will happily do a high 12sec quarter mile all day long

official figures are pointless, beacuse BMW cant afford to let a M3 beat an M5 on paper.

E46 M3 will do 0-64mph in 4.8sec, if the launch is decent with good traction.
E60 M5 will do it in 4.6sec, with launch control.
E92 M3 will do 0-60 it in 4.4sec, as tested by Car&Driver, and thats not even a perfect launch, C&D rekons they will get a better time when they re-test it.

No improvement? Not a chance.

If it's 4.4 then it's a pretty good improvement. Cause in the show the said the new M3 will do 0-60 in 4.8sec, then when they give away the previous gen M3 they also said 4.8 sec.

If it's 4.4 then it's a pretty good improvement. Cause in the show the said the new M3 will do 0-60 in 4.8sec, then when they give away the previous gen M3 they also said 4.8 sec.

Tiff didnt do a recorded 0-60mph, he simply quoted the numbers from BMW official release, so it the old E46 M3.

m3_lastpage.jpg

Read the note on the side, C&D rekon they can get a better 0-60 time when they have more time.

While we at it, lets take a look at the old E46 M3 scan, again using American magazine as a reference so ppl wont say im biased

DriftCarCompetition10.jpg

Note the E46 M3 pulls more G on the skidpad than the new one, i cant think of a logical reason behind this apart from the tyre choices and maybe weight difference, can someone explain this to me?

Last edited:
I don?t quite know how to say this and still be withing the Rules here ... but she does like:wicked: Men in Uniform, doesn?t she? I sort of got that impression ...
http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/9362/wrong1jz9.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/4519/wrong2im8.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.**/img503/4554/wrong3po1.jpg
Think of the Children Vicki, think of the Children!!!! Family Television!!!!1111 :mrgreen:

Liked the ep quite a lot! Didn't skip thru the Jason + Celeb bit, I think the M3 could have done with a bit more attention, the rolls section was OK but I think a proper road test would have been more interesting.

The police segment was cool, interesting to see how there driving differs from a racing driver.

HOWEVER! - The small cars up the hill bit - absolute bullocks, I don't know anyone who owns a pair of eyes and is remotely sane who would buy such ugly cars. So what was the point in testing them?

Was really disappointed with the M3 segment. I don't know, I somehow wanted more, sort of like he's review on the E46 M3. That was great. & It could of been a bit longer & talked more about the features like the last one.
Ohwell, maybe I'm just being picky. :p

Was really disappointed with the M3 segment. I don't know, I somehow wanted more, sort of like he's review on the E46 M3. That was great. & It could of been a bit longer & talked more about the features like the last one.
Ohwell, maybe I'm just being picky. :p

I agree, I was expecting something more. Maybe also similar to the M5 when it first came out. Didn't enjoy the small ugly underpowered cars going a steep hill or the celebrity bit. Transport truck challenges? Not very exciting. The shaky camera bit in the cafe is beyond annoying now.

I don?t quite know how to say this and still be withing the Rules here ... but she does like:wicked: Men in Uniform, doesn?t she? I sort of got that impression ...
http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/9362/wrong1jz9.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/4519/wrong2im8.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.**/img503/4554/wrong3po1.jpg
Think of the Children Vicki, think of the Children!!!! Family Television!!!!1111 :mrgreen:

At least now we know where traffic cops put their truncheon when they're driving:mrgreen: