[12x05] November 30th, 2008

[12x05] November 30th, 2008

• Total voters
I had an opportunity to drive an IS-F for 3 days this past summer as the dealer lent it to me for the annual IS meet we have here in Columbus. It is very quick for a 4 door sedan, and you don't notice the trans changing constantly when you have it in flappy paddle mode, which is how I always drove it. The brakes were top notch as one would expect from Brembo, and the suspension was indeed harsh. Is the M better, yes, BUT considering this is Toyotas first attempt at something like this it is impressive, seeing as the M series has been around for what ... 30 years or so ?

OH2K8_HDRsm.jpg

img80697071tonemappeddy3.jpg

Last edited:
This Episode was very good, but i dindt like the m3 vs IS-F at all. Jezza doesnt make sense some times, and this was one of them. Ok, the IS-F isnt the best looking car in the world, but the BMW 3series won the ugliest car award few seasons ago, and now is looks even better than the Lexus.

Dont be fooled by the ride confort, because the i read many shootouts, and the IS-F was the most confortable, even if doesnt have magnetic ride suspension, and one of those review is actualy the review in top gear website, and Top Gear magazine of those cars. Go to last month top gear magazine and see the pages where they are testing the IS-F, thy find the 8 sepeed gearbox great, 6 gears fo track, and the other foet fuel economy and low noise. Cruise at 100mph with less than 2000rpm is great, because this are car to use everyday. The lexus has better brakes, and equipment standard like heated seats, telescopic steering wheel, toutch screen Satnav, rear camera, more interior space, this are saloons and not pure sports cars, so other things have to bi considered.
And know what? the lexus has 5l engine but does a bit better MPG than the bimmet

I like very much the lexus, you already have noticed that, but im not emotional, im logical, so, dont get me wrong, the Bimmer still is the best sports in the lot, its amazing how good he is, but Jezza has made the lexus rubish, as he didnt make the mercedes, because the C63 im sure is worst than the lexus, but jeremy have made of a awesome car of it. May be because the lexus is not german? Where are the Lexus LS600h roadtest?
So the bimmer could be better overall, but it isnt better in every aspect.

Please dont get me wrong, in my modest opinion: the coolest car?... the lexus, i like the interior, and the exclusivity. The better car? it has to be the BMW for sure, outstanding handling and engine, 30years making sports sallons, is their blood, and they are the best for sure

;)

Great overall except for the bus race.

Im not a fan of those lets make a new motorsport event like the caravan, or mpv races.

7/10.

I liked the BMW M3 Sedan vs. the Lexus IS-F review. Even though I was hoping the IS-F would be a really good sports sedan. :/ Funny thing is in the news, I noticed that when Jeremy was showing his solution putting magnets on the small model cars, that the blue Subaru is the exact same model as mine even though probably no one cares. The bus reviews were quite amusing, though after how many times they had the touring car drivers for the people carrier race and the motor home race. For some reason, the race to Saint Tropez I found interesting but not very amusing. This is just my opinion.

8/10 Well done.

Simply a 10 from me due to the M3, return of the cool wall and the Bus racing was absolutely hilarious!! :lol::lol::lol:

another sweet 9. no point going over each section... it was all great watching.

I can't wait for the Vietnam ep... I've just returned from 2 weeks there and the traffic is just mind blogging to watch, let alone participate in. Will be interesting to see what the boys make of it.

I gave it a 9 - For me it was a great ep, back to great TG. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was the bus racing wasn't quite my thing - still entertaining and funny tho'.

Like the ISF/M3 segment - great camerawork and music as usual, the mini race made it more than just a basic car review.

Studio segments were great this week - News and the cool wall both exactly as they should be, and the SIARPC was good too - I like Grand Designs, so I knew who he was, but even the wife enjoyed it and she *hates* that show!

Boat v Ferrari - again, nice section combining some great filmwork along with humour such as James' discomfort and the rozzers...

Nicely done guys!

Superb episode. Almost everything I could ask for in an episode, although I didn't really enjoy the bus racing or SIARPC. 9/10 though, and probably about as close as to 10 as I'm ever going to give.

This episode was just superb. It started slow with the M3 v IS-F review. I thought that it could have been better. The news segment was excellent, which to me isn't unusual. I got a good laugh out of Jeremy's reaction to James' coughing and the car falling into the ice. The bus racing was predictable, but outside of Richard's long intro, it was very good. I loved the SIARPC simply because he was car mad and beat Cowell. The Cool Wall was classic as always. And no, Jeremy. Not all Americans are fat cows. Just most of us are. The race was the perfect closer to the show. I actually felt sorry for James with the beating he took in that sweet looking boat. 9/10 for this week.

The Lexus vs M3 was great, and the Daytona segment was fantastic

I didn't like the bus racing...it remembered me the motorhome racing who was aired long time ago...

I laughed hard in the cool wall segment "what the hell accent is that? and watching orange shoes "what kind of an idiot...hello, James" XDDDDDDDDD

9/10

While I thought this ep was great - say a 9. Loved the bus racing, and the boat.

I thought the use of the words Chav and Minga was chringworthy and in my opinion the only times i should be chringing while watching TG is while watching TGA. Listening to those words being used was like listening to my dad attempt to use the "in" word, just something that shouldn't happen :p. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I do come from Australia but I would prefer them not to try to appeal to the lowest common denominator by using such words.

Apart from that, as said, great ep.

Cheers
JLM

I loved the news and cool wall in this ep! superb.

RH:" ...in which case they'll arrive to work in a cloud of smoke and then they'll be an ass when they get there."

*Jeremy sits down*

RH:"Speaking of which..."

JC:"OH MY GOD! WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT-"

*looks up*

JC:"Hello James"

Generally a good episode.

I thought the weakest part was the IS-F & M3 segment. I agree with ahpadt, it was overgarnished. I think the words simple = effective can be rammed home in the cameras/producers heads really. Why so complicated and fancy?

I liked the bus race. It was similar to the motorhome race, ie same drivers, same style circuit etc. It was entertaining though.

The Daytona and powerboat race was excellent, I really enjoyed that part - especially James getting a rough ride from the boat - LOL!

Nice to see the cool wall back again :)

The guest I had no qualms with. Didn't know who he was or what the heck 'Grand Designs' was. Who cares though when he cares about cars and sets a tremendously fast lap? Great stuff. Now what was his name?

News was as good as ever IMO.

This Episode was very good, but i dindt like the m3 vs IS-F at all. Jezza doesnt make sense some times, and this was one of them. Ok, the IS-F isnt the best looking car in the world, but the BMW 3series won the ugliest car award few seasons ago, and now is looks even better than the Lexus.

Dont be fooled by the ride confort, because the i read many shootouts, and the IS-F was the most confortable, even if doesnt have magnetic ride suspension, and one of those review is actualy the review in top gear website, and Top Gear magazine of those cars. Go to last month top gear magazine and see the pages where they are testing the IS-F, thy find the 8 sepeed gearbox great, 6 gears fo track, and the other foet fuel economy and low noise. Cruise at 100mph with less than 2000rpm is great, because this are car to use everyday. The lexus has better brakes, and equipment standard like heated seats, telescopic steering wheel, toutch screen Satnav, rear camera, more interior space, this are saloons and not pure sports cars, so other things have to bi considered.
And know what? the lexus has 5l engine but does a bit better MPG than the bimmet

I like very much the lexus, you already have noticed that, but im not emotional, im logical, so, dont get me wrong, the Bimmer still is the best sports in the lot, its amazing how good he is, but Jezza has made the lexus rubish, as he didnt make the mercedes, because the C63 im sure is worst than the lexus, but jeremy have made of a awesome car of it. May be because the lexus is not german? Where are the Lexus LS600h roadtest?
So the bimmer could be better overall, but it isnt better in every aspect.

Please dont get me wrong, in my modest opinion: the coolest car?... the lexus, i like the interior, and the exclusivity. The better car? it has to be the BMW for sure, outstanding handling and engine, 30years making sports sallons, is their blood, and they are the best for sure

;)
Nah he didn't.

His closing statement was "The Lexus is brilliant at a lot of things, but poor in others... but the BM, it does everything brilliantly"

You can't deny that as a fair and reasonable verdict.