[12x06] December 7th, 2008

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

• Total voters
I still think that whoever wrote that letter in the first place simply wants Top Gear to be too serious. Also, that person assumes (in a very naive way) that Top Gear has never done any road tests (which isn't true at all)
You know the letter was a joke :blink:

Yes; they were clearly taking the piss out of their detractors.

And they did it in a fantastic way. Loved the Ford Fiesta review.

And they did it in a fantastic way. Loved the Ford Fiesta review.

True, the ford fiesta review was quite good, but it could have been done without that pitiful letter, whether it was real or not.

For me, it was the horrific array of crappy commie cars that got me ROFL, especially the part when James breaks the transmission button on the big Chaika. I've just noticed something else as well. When he's poking his finger in the hole where the button used to be (he does it two times), look carefully at the meter/indicator unit besides it: you'll see a red light half-heartedly light up in the bottom. James' action must have seriously shorted out something in that dashboard! :)

The whole deal makes you wonder how the cars were put together at the time. I've read long ago that the factory workers sometimes used hammers to ram in screws instead of, say, a screwdriver, in order to catch up with the workflow...

For me, it was the horrific array of crappy commie cars that got me ROFL, especially the part when James breaks the transmission button on the big Chaika. I've just noticed something else as well. When he's poking his finger in the hole where the button used to be (he does it two times), look carefully at the meter/indicator unit besides it: you'll see a red light half-heartedly light up in the bottom. James' action must have seriously shorted out something in that dashboard! :)

The whole deal makes you wonder how the cars were put together at the time. I've read long ago that the factory workers sometimes used hammers to ram in screws instead of, say, a screwdriver, in order to catch up with the workflow...

I loved the bit when Clarkson was revealing the fishing hole in the floor of the blue 928.

**Looks at the camera amazed**

NOT EVEN A MAYBACH HAS THIS!