[12x06] December 7th, 2008

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

• Total voters
10/10!

Best episode this series by far, faultless.

This may sound incredibly camp, but would ANYONE have any idea where James got his coat from the Communist film? Looked very swish.
I want it!

Haha, what a great episode.

Gave it a 9. Was completely awesome but i still have to reserve 1 point for absolutely extraordinary episodes like the Africa special, the first USA special, the Polar Special... etc

This is quite possibly the funniest episode I have ever watched! This episode had a level of fiasco that just makes it funny.

The Catherham is such a cool, petrolhead car. I know there are some here in the States, but you'd be lucky to see one. The Veritas was bloody beautiful. Ridiculous, but damn pretty. An ok segment, just because Hammond really isn't that funny.

News was rather funny. The old guys seem to be falling apart. What with Clarkson losing his voice, James and his pinkeye, and Hamster with his mental facilities. Just ironically funny to watch.

Quote of the episode comes from the Communist car segment: "This is the color of a prosthetic limb!!!" Somehow that was so funny that I probably rewound it several times over and over again just to make sure I heard it right. The hammer bit is also classic too. The production value of this segment is absolutely hilarious.

SIARPC- Usually I understand the jokes, but the mayor was a bit of a stretch for me, so I'll skip this one.

The Fiesta review was hilarious. Jezza just had that "who gives a flying f---" attitude that was just great. Who the hell let him drive in a mall? Royal Marines? Why not?

Quite possibly one of the more strange episodes of TG. Awesome!!
10/10

That was the best roadtest of a car, ever. Highlight of the show. :cool:

I liked that Hammond introduced the show, both he and James should do that more often *thumbs up!*

hmm....9/10. Somehow I always laugh at this show, doesn't matter if it's 'a bit funny' or 'hysterical funny' or mabye 'less funny'.

I'm easy when it gets to laughing. Oh, and by the way...the part with Jezza and James was classic! Loved every minute of it, *praying for more stuff like that in the future*.

Best episode EVER.

And I do geniunely mean that. Corvette chases? Royal Marines and smoke grenades in the cupholders? Commie cars? Catherhams?

It does not get any better...maybe unless James Bond turned up at the end of the car chase...but still the best episode ever.

Epic episode... gave it a 10.

One small thing tho, the commy cars were crap, but the russian ones were reliable. I mean that, if MOT's weren't carried out those thing could run forever. As for the body metalworking, good grief. I've seen one of those lada's crash with a Landcruiser and flip the SUV over...

Loved it. Fiesta and communist cars segments were a riot.

Well worth it to have seen the Dodge buried inside the Birthdays store and Teddy bears lying across the shop.

You mean Chevrolet Corvette?

I thought it was an absolutely brilliant episode. I love how the section titles seemed like an afterthought...and the twice reference to "but that will bee sh**". Reminded me a bit of the S-Class review a couple seasons back.

Im sure I was not the only one who caught the "anyway" reference.
"I may have just killed James May. Anyway..."

Clarkson mentioned that on the 60 minutes interview.

Amazing from start to finish!!!

To Ford America:

Bring the Fiesta/Focus hatch and I will buy one.

I had a good laugh throughout really well made. 10/10!

You mean Chevrolet Corvette?

whoops my bad, i'll chalk that one down to the drinks i had last night.
i was just thinking a moment ago that i may had put down the wrong name.
ah well. i'll be the first to raise my hands and say i screwed up.

As for the body metalworking, good grief. I've seen one of those lada's crash with a Landcruiser and flip the SUV over...

I used to work with a guy in the late 80's who had a Fiat Supermirafiori (sp?) 2.0 twin cam that he used to transplant into a succession of very ropey looking Lada's (same engine mounts as it was essentially the same car). He always did the brakes and suspension to cope too, as well as fitting a cage, and they were proper sleepers humbling almost every performance car he ever came across on the road :lol: He was very nearly imprisoned for dangerous driving when he took a roundabout at a very excessive speed, only for a lady in a Ford Sierra to pull out on him unexpectedly as they both exited. In the impact her car was flipped, went down an embankment, rolled and ended up in a river :? His Lada needed a new bumper :p

I wonder where Dave Gott is nowadays ?

Quite simply brilliant! Probably the best normal episode of TG since season 6! Was impressed with Hammonds review, I have really gone off him and what he brings to the show in recent series but it was a very good and entertaining piece.

The news was very good, I think the old man is right, a 406 with a 6 CD changer, can't beat it! :p The commi car segment was great, always nice to see another Marina destroyed for good! Boris was as always great, can't wait for the day he becomes Prime Minister....of the WORLD!

As for the Fiesta review, incredible, the best review Top Gear has done since the new format and really the only disappointing thing is that it is so rare to see them do a real review like it anymore.

10/10 for me, the perfect episode, plenty of James, great SIARPC and a Ford!

First off: was I the only one that thought the fast lap segments were actually one lap? Because in this episode, you can see it is clearly pieced together from multiple laps, and for both cars: the camera on the Veritas' rollbar changes position(it's on top at the start, and goes to the side everywhere else), and lighting changes on the Caterham lap are blatantly obvious.

The time is one thing, collecting enough good shots to put together a lap that looks great on TV might just be another thing. ;)

Excellent episode fiesta review was phenomenal. My favourite episode of the series.

8/10
News was funny, but a bit all over the place.
Commie section was great but a bit all over the place

Suprised they didn't mention the trabant more its the car I most think of when it comes to commie cars. I think there is also a trabant rally.

I'm saving my ten for the Vietnam special (unless it's not that good, which it won't be) so I'm giving it a 9.

My god, that Caterham goes like the clappers! (is that the right expression?)
Faster than a veyron! I want one of those!
(Forget the German Job, it looked pretty awful and scary to drive in)

The news was awesome with Jezza winning weird crush etc. They do look poorly. And I could just see Hammond's spot on his left side of his lip.

The Communist cars were fun as, even though they're pretty shit to drive, but a hole to fish in? :rofl:

SIARPC: Borris got owned by Jeremy with the Bendy Buses. He should so suggest to the Committee to put powersliding Jags in the opening Ceremony, it would make my day.

And finally the Fiesta: MEGA LOL!!
"What if I get chased by baddies in Corvette in a shopping centre?" "Is it green?" "Can I park it?" "What if i'm part of a marines raid?"
So much irony, so much fun. Now I wanna drive through a shopping centre