[12x06] December 7th, 2008

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

• Total voters
10/10

Easily the best episode of Top Gear this year, and one of the best in the last few.

The Fiesta review was beyond anything I could have expected for a TG review. Just incredible. Jeremy taking the Fiesta off the landing craft and on to the beach had me in stitches. :lol: The mall chase was amazing as well.

This hour was, bar none, the greatest bit of telly (on the Web, but nevermind that) I have seen in YEARS.

Even with a stuffy head I was howling through the news (Synthetic spit? I'll have to look for that next time I'm in Walgreens) Yay, they mentioned Heat! All hail the mighty powerrrr of Final Gear! The older guy in the audience with the Peugeot (sp?) line was pretty funny.

The Commie cars bit was just fecking awesome. The drag race with the dog, the Marina versus the Lada, James accidentally getting killed...anyway...:lmao:

Oh, yes...I found on another forum. Some Marina fans reaaaaally hate this show now.

The Boris interview was great. I really can't say much else on that but it was a very good segment.

The Ford Fiesta....I ran out of Kleenex due to the fact I was crying so hard from laughing. Mr. Needham got pwned big time. Now I know that if I ever drive a Fiesta that it's relatively affordable, it's very green, it can escape Corvette-driving baddies in malls, and it can take part in military exercises. You can also put two-and-a-half kids in there, and there's room for your grenades and ammo! Sweeet!

(Oh great, now I'm crying again. Maybe I can find some NyQuil too...and some fake spit.)

This gets a 10/10. Not only was it great, it made me forget about my stuffy head and this crappy weather.

P.S. To the boys: Do get well soon. :)

Brilliant, epic episode! For me, it's one of the best TG episodes ever.

Caterham/German_shed_car, the guest, Communists' cars, Fiesta (especially that one) - all were great fun. I still have my jaw on the carpet.
:jawdrop:

This episode is so good that I finally brought myself to write my first post on FG.
10/10

Hi to everyone! :cheers:

LOl someone please send link to marina forum to Andy so they can laugh about their club as they did about Ferrari owners club :D

TEN!

This is easily one of the top 5 episodes of all time, easily the best this year. Everything was perfect. News was highly entertaining, the Fiesta test was better by itself than many movies I've seen, that Caterham, my God I hope we get that in the US. But then I am quite a dork. :lol:

If Ford sold the Fiesta stateside, with the available options that the Euro version has, at a reasonable (not fully loaded BMW Mini price), then I would totally buy one. Ford, bring it!

Great episode, I wonder if they did any "modifications" to the Fiesta so that it wouldn't hydrolock when it stormed the beach?

Borris was good, though his lap was rubbish. There was practically a small ocean on the track though that day. I thought the Communist car segment was okay... funny, but okay. Probably the only thing keeping me from a 10/10, maybe that and a weak news segment. But still it was good fun to watch, hence the 9/10 from me.

Caterham, veritas, news segment: 10/10

Commie cars: 10/10

SIARPC: 8/10

FF: 10/10

Overall: 9.5/10 marked down to 9 because I'm an idiot and selected 9 without thinking.

Don't usually come over these end of the forums but i have to say, one of the best episodes i've seen in a while. The Fiesta test was just... epically good...

Fantastic episode.

Yup, first time into an episode specific thread for me too. I loved the Fiesta test. I thought the shopping mall chase was fantastic and I was very surprised when they upped the bet again with the Royal Marines.

I wonder how they chose who got to ride in the Ford?

It does make me wish we got the good Fords over here.

That was a corking episode. It did a great job of taking my mind off of finals week.

Great episode.

The Caterham was insanely fast, I expected it to match the Veyron's time but damn!
I loved the Fiesta review, I couldn't wait for a regular car review like in the earlier seasons, I missed that.
The Corvette looked so cool in the shopping centre pursuit and I guess that's what american cars are excellent at!

I wish we had the Fiesta in Canada. That car would sell here. Instead, we get that stupid Ford-Microsoft Focus :(

5/10

Nothing really grabbed my attention, except for driving through the mall. Something I've always wanted to do.

I was wondering what I was going to call the Fiesta test. I really think that there are tests that are more beautifully shot (the CLK AMG Black from last season, especially) single-car road tests, but this was undoubtedly the greatest spectacle I've ever seen.

And while I hated the Veritas (good segment, awful looking car) and didn't much like the actual Communist cars, the Jezza and James films are awesome.

Yet another reason why watching Fifth Gear has equally good cars, but just isn't as epic.

9/10

It would have been a 10 if they had used some the music from the Blues Brothers driving through the mall scene.

Great episode! 10/10

I do feel for the Marina guys though. That was a nice example they destroyed.