[12x06] December 7th, 2008

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

• Total voters
I don't really care for the car either. I've never even seen a BL car in the flesh. But I feel for the owner. He loved that car and cherried it. It was a prime example of a historical (crap) vehicle and, for whatever reason, this guy has a passion for them. He tried to ensure that the car wouldn't get damaged on the show and was assured that it would not get damage too severely. But not only was it crashed severely, multiple times, but they set it on fire afterwards for no apparent reason. I can see why the guy is upset and devastated.

Shouldn't have sold it then.

Its a crap car and Top Gear are interested in buying it. It doesn't take a genius to work out what is going to happen next.

Bottom line is: you don't want anything to happen to something you own, don't sell it.

One more thing: does anybody know in which shopping centre the Fiesta chase was filmed? (And at what speeds / how lunatic they probably really were driving indoors?) Sorry if it should've been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to go through the last ten pages!

I've been dishing them out a lot this season, but I gave it 10.
Literally everything was epic, apart from the Veritas, which was just an ugly BMW Z8 to be frank.
Caterham, Boris Johnson, Commie-bashing, Corvettes and Fiestas in a Basingstoke shopping centre? Awesomeness.
Marines in said Fiesta, amphibious landings, smoke grenades in cupholders? Now we're getting on to ridiculous levels of win.
This is what TG does best, informative and highly entertaining.

Edit:
One more thing: does anybody know in which shopping centre the Fiesta chase was filmed? (And at what speeds / how lunatic they probably really were driving indoors?) Sorry if it should've been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to go through the last ten pages!
Apparently it was in Basingstoke. Also, the amphibious landings were up the road from me in North Devon, near Barnstaple. T'was in the local paper.

Perfection - Top Gear Heaven.

Hamster commenting the Stig was far from perfect, as was the intro and introduction of the Stig.
Good thing he wont be commentating F1 next year :p

He also said, "hey look, the gasgrenades fits in the cupholders"

or "how many patrons could you place in the glovebox"

LMAO :D

This one was one of the best shows TG has done in a long time. Fiesta test was spectacular and the Commie segment was just hilarious. Overall it's a 10 for me.

This entire series has been great.

The shopping centre? WHAT WERE THEEEYYYY THINKING? :driving:

Veritas was a bit boring, but otherwise absolutely brilliant! And that equals 9/10.

I don't really care for the car either. I've never even seen a BL car in the flesh. But I feel for the owner. He loved that car and cherried it. It was a prime example of a historical (crap) vehicle and, for whatever reason, this guy has a passion for them. He tried to ensure that the car wouldn't get damaged on the show and was assured that it would not get damage too severely. But not only was it crashed severely, multiple times, but they set it on fire afterwards for no apparent reason. I can see why the guy is upset and devastated.
I mean come on, what was owner of Marina thinking when he sold his beloved car to the top gear team ?
That it will become next Reasonably Priced Car :rofl: Its obvious that top gear team hates whole company of British Leyland, and Marina was previously destroyed by JC in his top100 cars of the century video ( in company of Austin Allegro :bangin:) so it wasnt hard to predict Marina's future. And you can feel sorry about a car being destroyed if its a Ferrari or Porsche, but come on Morris ?

Beginning was fine, the Veritas wasn't too interesting. I don't really like these tests of noname cars recently. Communist thing had good potential but wasn't all that brilliant (much like the Old World Luxury tests from last season). The Fiesta test was great though--I love when they make use of Clarkson's love of the military. This was better than the Boxster-SLK55 sniping test in Season 6 and even the Range Rover Sport test of the same series. Fabulous! Boris was an OK guest, same as when he was on before. He sure stammers a lot.

So I looked up the Royal Marines on Wikipedia (because they're badass) and I found this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2008/12/08/royal_marines_ford_fiesta.gif
:lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_marines

See how long it lasts before the WikiNazis take it back down again!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BTW, just checked it now, still hasn't been removed...

I must admit though, I did feel a little pang of guilt after reading the Marina forum story. How far is too far?

When you sell a car, it belongs to the other person. Therefore they can do whatever the hell they want to it. If he wanted to sell it to a enthusiast why put iit on eBay? If he wanted to salvage parts "so others could live" he should of broken it himself. Fact is he sold it to the highest bidder because the other enthusiasts didn't have the money to buy if from him.

The users on that Marina forum are dellusional if they thought anything good would come from the car being on TG when Clarkson has a HISTORY of bashing all BL products.

If the Maina was a 911 Carrera or a Muira or a 300SL then fair enough it shouldn't really be destroyed for kicks. But its JUST a crappy Marina. One of thousands of shoddily built crap buckets that were no where near as good as Vauxhall or Ford's or Nissans or BMW's of the same era. They simply aren't worth saving! If anything the owners groups should be pleased as thats one less in the world which means theirs have all gone up in value.

As Momo63 alludes to, its not a living thing just a collection of rusty sub standard metal and fixings!

Last edited:
that was one of the best things i ave seen. . . . . ever.

Caterham. just . . . wow. want one now.
Veritas. ugly as crap, loved the noise though
News. great, poor Jeremy
Commie cars. hil-fucking-arious
SiaRPC. this segment needs to die BUT Boris was funny
Fiesta. EPIC WIN. best road test ever.

Watching it I really thought it was one of the best car chases I've seen since Ronin. Really well filmed and edited and with Prodigy's - Hot ride as chase music it was epic! ^^

agreed, spent earlier today tracking it down on iTunes and downloading it. now been added to my collection of great Top Gear music. They did a great job in filming it. watched the episode again earlier and it gets much better with repeated viewings.

Mogwai Fear Satan by Mogwai was also played during the Veritas/Caterham segment - awesome track. They frequently use Mogwai tracks for their track tests.

Its obvious that top gear team hates whole company of British Leyland, and Marina was previously destroyed by JC in his top100 cars of the century video ( in company of Austin Allegro :bangin:) so it wasnt hard to predict Marina's future.

Not everyone out there is as nerdy as we are and knows every Clarkson video from the heart ;)

As Momo63 alludes to, its not a living thing just a collection of rusty sub standard metal and fixings!

No it's not! Remember Oliver?