[12x07] October 15th, 2007

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
No torrent talk..

Discuss the episode.

First post woot!

Pretty good ep, the Charger vs Torino is pretty funny to see, two car that were considered fast back then, now it's probably slower than a family sedan. The Rascal drift was actually pretty fun (except for the crash obviously), but Tom's injury doesn't look too bad, so hopefully he'll recover quickly. On the new Impreza segment, I agree with almost everything Tiff says about the new car. It's ugly, it's slow, it doesn't have the character that the old cars have, and if people want to buy a bland family sedan they wouldn't consider an Impreza anyways, so why even do this to us enthusiats. And man, if I'm in UK I would've definitely enter this week's comp, that P1 looks great. An finally the Caparo T1, Jason should've wore an flame retardant suit, since just like he said it's really a race car for the road, he needed race car level of fire protection.

BTW, just saw the message on the main page, there's at least one scene release is out on Mininova.

Last edited:
great episode, one of the best this series,

the impreza segment was kinda pointless, we all know the base impreza is an ordinary car, should have waited for the turbo model at least...

the rascal drift was sooo good, pretty funny too. maybe because i like drifting so much :p. Tom was pretty good and Tim was getting it at the end. Drifting is all about that, modifying cars, and have fun with them after that. I wish I had the chance to do something like that.

The caparo is pretty much a racing car legalized, like the mclaren f1 gtr which got road legalized too. you just cant use it everyday, so i find it kinda pointless (unless you have loads of money and dont know what to do with it).

finally I hope a quick recovery for both Tom and Jason

I'm seriously starting to think that the producers are deliberately trying to kill the presenters. Armored car just sounds like a BAD idea, well with real guns at least.

Charger V Torino was entertaining, and so was the Impreza review (if not a bit sad.) Tiff is arguably better when he dislikes a car, especially when comparing new cars.

For some reason the Caparo review seemed good, Vickies commentary was better then usual, and for some reason so was Plato's, maybe the fault with older Fifth Gear is in the editing? In regards to which commentary is chosen for the tele.

Anyways, i rather liked the episode. Can't wait to hear the ranting though :)

this weeks episod was quite good.

Vicky vs Charger & Grand Torino. I love those cars, but the review was boring and quite pointless. Everybody knows that old american cars are heavy and with soft suspension & s*ity breaks.
Tiff vs Impreza - finally a good proper review on a road. These last reviews with only drifting are geting boring.
1/2 sixes cars - not really that interesting.
Drift challenge - that was cool, but too topgearish. Tom broke all the toes on his right foot. That had to hurt a little bit.
'Potato' vs Caparo T1 - one sick car:). Review was ok, mayby lil' bit short because of the accident, and the camera work sucked big time<_<.
Waiting for the TG Caparo review now8) mmm

And next week tom and jonny are bilding bulletproof rollsroyce wtf noooooo, its going to be so stupid.:blink:

I'm seriously starting to think that the producers are deliberately trying to kill the presenters. Armored car just sounds like a BAD idea, well with real guns at least.

Charger V Torino was entertaining, and so was the Impreza review (if not a bit sad.) Tiff is arguably better when he dislikes a car, especially when comparing new cars.

For some reason the Caparo review seemed good, Vickies commentary was better then usual, and for some reason so was Plato's, maybe the fault with older Fifth Gear is in the editing? In regards to which commentary is chosen for the tele.

Anyways, i rather liked the episode. Can't wait to hear the ranting though :)

Totally agree. I think I liked the Caparo review because Plato's driving is better but VBH's commentary is better.

I just wish they had gotten better Torino/Charger examples. There are some General Lee clones out there with 500 hp 528 Hemis.

Tom ford doing Peter griffin impression

Peter_Knee_Avatar.gif

That was definitely one of the best episodes of Fifth Gear this season. There wasn't a segment that I disliked (Well, except for the "test a car without driving it" segment. No way in hell a bland Kia Sorento is better than a Mazda CX-7) They didn't have some stupid celebrity on the show. Hopefully Jason Potato will get well soon.

This is the first episode I didnt have to skip anything. Quite good, this episode.

i just finished watching it

the drifting was the funniest/best segment they have done

"Ahh, Drifto!"

lol!

that was the most enjoyable episode of Fifth Gear in 2 whole series. the difference?

no celebs!
no Vicki squeaking!
Tom and Johnny let loose - DRIFTO!

the General Lee/Starsky car stuff was a bit old hat thanks to Hammond going over the Charger many seasons ago.

wow - Tiff really doesn't like the Impreza! of course, if you stepped out of a WRX STi and into a cooking model you'd be unimpressed too. i'm not sure why they compared the two, there are WRX and STi versions coming. i actually think it is cool Subaru have made an AWD hatchback... for years i've wanted nothing more than a 2L turbo AWD hatch. shame i could never bring myself to own a Superloo, ahem, i mean Subaru, though...

the Plato track car test was a bit meh. even including the fire. but everything else that wasn't brilliant at least wasn't offensive.

makes you wonder why they can't do this every week, though i guess that 2 of the presenters were nearly killed in the process...

I'm sorry... they didn't mention that the Kia will depreciate horrifically.

hm, actually, i used to not like 5th gear alot over the years, but kept watching it for the cars. most of the presenters usually annoyed the pants of me - except for tiff, whom i've liked from the start for his awesome driving. but somehow recently they made the show appeal to me. despite their hosts, some of which i just start to get along with the lot.
at times it seems like they're copying tg in certain ways, what with all the challenges they do nowadays. but these are fun. i mean, the driftcar bit was just hillarious. even the crash, in certrain ways. the results of that.. well they mocked about it, like when johnny touched tom's leg "does this hurt" "of course it does, why did you have to do that" lol. comedy gold (in a way).
the impreza bit was utter useless. i mean it had tiff, but no drifting no tire squeal, no sideways stuff? they could've just shown him reverse into a parking spot or do a three point turn. that car is shite and they knew it. maybe if they paint it suburau wrx blue and put gold/bronze rims on it, it would at least look better but still suck balls.
the caparo segment was also rather bland. "listen to that" - yea, sounds boring really, idk why, but that car did nothing for me and i really had been looking forward to seeing this 3g capable monster go around the track. maybe they shoulda done one of their compare runs, plato in the carparo vs tiff in some sort of trackday car like the lotus 2-11 or something.

overall still a good episode. looking forward to them being blown apart in their selfmade armored rolls royce.

Decent episode.

:lol: @ drifting segment, but :cry: @ Tom and Jason.

Best episode.

Best episode.

Best episode of Fifth Gear since, well since start?
DRIFTOOOOO =)

The 2.0 vs WRX STi segment lacked any purpose but hey, at least Tiff did a good work just ranting on about how bad it is =).... Can't wait for the EVO X vs 2008 WRX STi Shootout =)

Vicky's segment was totally ok, always fun watching and hearing how old (and especially american) sportscars handling suck compared to the average modern family saloon.

blablabla, like every otherone of you said... Sometimes simple segments like theese are more fun to watch than the sometimes overelaborated segments in top gear.