Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Richard's galleon ceiling fan... a script too far. :(

Jezza knows Vietnamese. :lol:

It wasn't a brilliant episode.

where was Stig's communist cousin?
Also, I didn't know Hammond was into photography

on topic: what an epic journey and some fantastic scenery!

Last edited:
OMG

that has to have been the best TG special they have ever done....easily the best thing i have seen all year. that was just brilliant, and im shocked i thought it was so good because a) there wasnt a car in sight and b) i actually wanna do exactly what they just did.

one word. one word only.

EPIC

The first thing I was going to ask on here was "where can I get myself a Green Hell t-shirt like Hammond's", but I found it just after it finished...

http://www.manifoldonline.co.uk/shop.htm

About two thirds down!

One is already ordered! :D

9/10 because Vietnam is such a beautiful place.

Episode was a bit weird, it was missing something. Maybe Stig's Communist Cousin :lol:

where was Stig's communists cousin?

well i dont know.. i did notice it only had a kit lens on it, and judging by the sound the shutter made, is a canon 400d or 450d or one of the many similar models canon has produced. i dont understand why its got that "winding on" noise, its a digital camera....my friends nikon d60 has a much quieter, more refined shutter noise.

these cameras are so cheap these days its quite easy to justify buying one over an expensive compact model.

(i have a 400d btw...so no i dont know cameras by their shutter sounds alone...thats sad)

I thought that was great, possibly the best Sunday evening I've ever had.

I always thought of Vietnam as not a particularly immaculate place but the stunning scenery put it out of mind.

Definitely noticed soundtracks from "The Dark Knight" in there. ^^

10/10

Really an epic episode, amazing scenery, great adventure for the guys. I've been in Asia a lot so it's really cool to see the TG guys having fun there :p

On the other hand, there was some originality missing. It was very funny and well done, but all the jokes were repeated from previous adventure, nothing new really.

Still, 9/10 for some top notch Top Gear.

OMG

that has to have been the best TG special they have ever done....easily the best thing i have seen all year. that was just brilliant, and im shocked i thought it was so good because a) there wasnt a car in sight and b) i actually wanna do exactly what they just did.

one word. one word only.

EPIC

Can't agree more. Was thinking while I was watching how I could make the same journey, would be amazing!
What a lovely scenery, but also a awfull history.
Just loved the episode!

That episode was absolutely amazing. The scenery was beautiful throughout the show, Vietnam is definitely on my map of places to go after this episode.

Was nice to see something different on Top Gear with the bikes, especially Clarkson's complete hate of anything with 2 wheels.

9/10 from me, but would've liked to see a Stig's Communist Cousin appearance and more challenges.

pretty good, giving it a 7. Not as good as the polar trip or botswana or america, but great nonetheless!
Think what spoiled it for me was that it was hyped up so much we already knew half the gags before the episode started (the things they carried, jeremy trying to be a mod, the bike on the boat etc).
Loved the quadrophenia and stones music though!

im rather disappointed by this one really, i gave it a 6.

I liked the america and africa specials alot more :)

Concept-wise it was Botswana mk2, and Top Gear with no cars was always going to be a bit of a questionable idea.

But...

I haven't enjoyed anything on telly over Christmas anything like as much as I enjoyed that. Simply epic. And possibly even life-changing for me. I want to do that, despite the fact that 15 years ago I had a bike accident that meant I had to learn to walk again and until now I've been too terrified to get back on. Between that and a bit of encouragement from the people behind the Thundersprint, I think I might just do it in 2009 :grin:

where was Stig's communist cousin?

Yeah what was up with that? I was quite looking forward to see Stig's communist cousin, hmm.

ehm, Hammond went to some kind of art school, didn't he? I'm pretty sure that he's got to have some kind of eye for photograph and such...

Loved this episode though and Vietnam is....amazing :)

Rolling in tears. Lovely episode. Makes me want to visit Vietnam too, kinda. I loved how they can literally make anything!