[12x08] October 22nd, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Last ep of the season!

This week, Fifth Gear marks the 100th anniversary of the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, proclaimed ?the greatest car in the world? during its heyday in the early 20th century. The car proved so reliable that armoured versions were produced to serve the troops during the First World War. Tom Ford and Jonny Smith pay special tribute to this remarkable vehicle, and the enduring reputation of Rolls-Royce as the world?s greatest car maker, by building a modern-day version of the armoured model. The boys turn a dilapidated ex-wedding hire Silver Shadow into a spectacular-looking tank. But just how much firepower will the car be able to withstand when Tom and Jonny put it on their own front line?

Also this week, Tiff Needell travels to Maranello in Italy to get his hands on the fastest, lightest, meanest Ferrari ever: the 430 Scuderia. This ?172,000 car is capable of a staggering 198mph, boasts innovative technology derived from Ferrari?s Formula One programme, and Michael Schumacher himself has had a personal hand in its development. Tiff is keen to find out if this highly desirable sports car is ? as rumoured ? a couple of seconds quicker around a track than the fabled Enzo supercar.

Finally, the current series wraps up with the Fifth Gear team gathering together to review the best cars they have driven during 2007. They must choose from a list of exciting and innovative machinery and name this year?s Best Small Car, Best Family Car and Best Fast Car. But will the gang agree on the winners? And which car will walk off with the ultimate accolade ? Fifth Gear?s overall Car of the Year?

Yay F430 Scuderia!

RR = yawnnnnn

Is this the last ep of the season? Seems short :(

Good thing TG is back!

Is this the last ep of the season? Seems short :(
Its the shortest season but it was the best. The worst season was the longest (13 eps). So its a bit of a tradeoff.

I prefer quality>quantity :)

Its the shortest season but it was the best. The worst season was the longest (13 eps). So its a bit of a tradeoff.

I prefer quality>quantity :)

True, but damn, the first ep of TG season 10 OWNED every ep in this season.

w00t they got the Scud, read the review of it in TG Mag and it looks amazing. I hope they give it a descent thrashing on a track and don't just give it a quick glimpse and be done with it.

RR - Won't be good, there trying to copy TGs making stuff challenges, come on! come up with some original concepts! - And stop setting fire to stuff ;)

True, but damn, the first ep of TG season 10 OWNED every ep in this season.
I don't think so but thats just my opinion. TG and FG are far too different to be compared I think...

They got hold of the 430 Scuderia pretty quick. Well fifth gear always do some how. 8)

They got hold of the 430 Scuderia pretty quick. Well fifth gear always do some how. 8)

Top Gear can get any car they want just as fast as fifth gear. The only difference is that Top Gear always ends up doing these segments and runs out of time to create great road car test. It took Top Gear more than a year to review the Ferrari 599 but Fifth Gear did it what? less than a year ago. Fifth Gear just doesnt do odd things that turn out to be hillarious,

Top Gear can get any car they want just as fast as fifth gear. The only difference is that Top Gear always ends up doing these segments and runs out of time to create great road car test. It took Top Gear more than a year to review the Ferrari 599 but Fifth Gear did it what? less than a year ago. Fifth Gear just doesnt do odd things that turn out to be hillarious,

Let's face it, Fifth Gear is the only popular program that is mainly focused on sports cars. Top Gear, on the other hand, is mainly an entertainment program about three guys who also happen to like cars on occasion.

The preview video for the next episode looks hillarious. Tom and Johnny getting shot up looks so funny. hahah

someone please wake up RIVER, VUK, The Scene at the beginning of the last ep. hope it does not turn out to be like 12x07.

Status
Not open for further replies.