[13x01] June 21st, 2009

[13x01] June 21st, 2009

• Total voters
Great Episode - so a 9 from me!

Just the right balance of entertainment and cars - not too much cocking around as maybe in the past.

Oh, and the coolest introduction of a guest ever - mind you it was maybe the most special guest ever, which you could notice as Jeremy looked a bit ... nervous?!

The Lotus Evora seems to be an awesome car, but it needs MOAR TURBO! :lol:

I wasn't too impressed with the episode, the race was kind of lame and I'm just not a Ferrari person, nor do I care about F1 so I gave the episode a low score.

One thing I noticed: the FXX isn't road-legal, yet they didn't remove the time. Maybe it's because it can clear speed humps...

I don't think it should of been on the lap board. Supposedly the rules for that board is that the car has to be street legal (and if Ferrari are not giving them to the owners and only lending them out for track time then I doubt it is street legal) the only other rule is that it has to be able to go over a speed bump, I don't see that car doing that either.

FOr those wondering what will happen to the Stig, the bit in the trailor that he face off a T-rex may give you a clue

But come on guys, who cares who the Stig really is? Why so serious? It's a entertainment show, sit back and enjoy it.Same thing goes for FXX on the Power Lap board...Chill.

Back to the episode, solid fun, 8 out of 10 for me.

BTW, M5 vs XFR! can't wait!

Gave it an 8, very very very very entertaining episode. Everything in the opisode was a 9/10 or a 10/10 for me with one exception....... The Evora review (5/10)

I gave it an 8. Enjoyed it very much, but expect the later episodes to be even better.

I loled hard @ Hammond's superhero antics :lol:

Also, Schumi has been the white Stig all the time in every episode and I believe everything they say or show. :mrgreen:

Almost forgot, the pics of drunken Schumacher wrecking the Toyota premises were priceless at that point :lol:

Last edited:
That was gorgeous episode!
Ferrari FXX is something unreal fast. 1.10.7! it's a rocket :)

Well, he drove a maserati in the drunk driving video thingy, and some SUV which i don't think is a fiat.
So i don't think it's quite that...

Maserati is owned by Fiat/Ferrari, and what mention of an SUV?

I'm stunned that some people think that Schumacher is the Stiggie. :?

I thought people on this board were smart?

yes, and its sad. no matter how much i tell people that was a joke, they seemed convinced. i love this show, but, there is no way in hell that he would actually be the stig full time or even part time for that matter. i love that Jezza has come through on one of his many joke about Micheal being the stig. I make it a point each week to avoid spoilers and im glad. when that guy came in and sat down, i knew then it wasnt actually the real stig (still had no idea who it was thoug) and i knew that no matter who was under that helmet, that, it had to be a joke to kill off the rumors of the whole stig trouble. i mean, look how he was sitting! thats very not "stiggish" that was EPIC though, that, for me, was the greatest moment on Top Gear i have seen. Just awsome.

So, anyone who thinks that its Micheal, im sorry, its just not. really.:).........sorry.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone will figure where micheal was and the stig was somewhere else. Even the credits listed him as a special appearance. The identity of the stig is more secret than the manhattan project.

Well, he drove a maserati in the drunk driving video thingy, and some SUV which i don't think is a fiat.
So i don't think it's quite that...

Jeremy's acting in SIARPC was pretty poor as well. Schumacher looked more at ease than he did. For what it's worth they're excellent actors all things considered but sometimes they seem to play to their weaknesses instead of strengths.

I think it was intended to be exaggerated, mainly as a pisstake on the whole "BEN COLLINS IS THE STIG!!!" stuff, satire really.

just guessing, but, i think that person is saying that the second car, the one that looked to me like a Panda, looked to him like an SUV.........dont ask me how, i mean i guess cuz it was kinda square and looked bigger in the outside shot...i guess

just guessing, but, i think that person is saying that the second car, the one that looked to me like a Panda, looked to him like an SUV.........dont ask me how, i mean i guess cuz it was kinda square and looked bigger in the outside shot...i guess

That's an old "Fiat UNO". :)

Loved the preview, disliked the Lotus review, the race was far from epic but good and after the first laugh about Schuhmacher as the Stig, I didn?t like the interview much (he does have the Charisma and the Charme of a Dinnerplate after all - just like most racingdrivers) and this one was the first time I really got annoyed aout product placement/naming on TopGear. FXX Lap was epic to watch though (and for that alone I will forgive anything else) ... and the fake Liana Lap was funny too. The News had one or two funny moments but felt painfully cut down (and not much about cars even though there is A LOT to talk about right now concerning cars).

The Boys are Back ... and it was 60 well spend minutes after all. Just shows that even when TG isn?t in "epic-mode" for once, it?s still worth to watch.

Last edited:
[...]I don't think it should of been on the lap board. Supposedly the rules for that board is that the car has to be street legal (and if Ferrari are not giving them to the owners and only lending them out for track time then I doubt it is street legal) the only other rule is that it has to be able to go over a speed bump, I don't see that car doing that either.
I?m guessing that will be taken care of in one of the next episodes ... would have been quite rude to have Ferrari ship the FXX somewhere to do a lap and have Schuhmacher come down personally (and play along) and then rip it off the board when they are still there. But I think they won?t let it stay on the board ... maybe until a real contender to the Gumpert arrives that might beat it ...

Last edited:
Top Gear is back and I couldn't care less about the details. It's way better than any of the emergency-programmes.
So white Stig was supposed to be MS, eh? Bet ya they'll scrap the white Stig and introduce a new one. Wonder what colour the new Stig will be. I'm looking forward to the new season more than ever.