[13x02] January 28th, 2008

[13x02] January 28th, 2008

• Total voters
lol, I <3 Tom.

I'd rather not go around a corner, write a letter to the front wheels, and then be put on a waiting list before they do anything.

I really liked it. The only complaint I have is the same one I had for the entire last series. It just feels like there are too many segments that are too short. I like Tom and Vicki in INBIIAG? and Johnny doing the used car rundown, but I can't help wondering if you need both each show. The same with the dogfight and the rollover stunt. They were exciting, but they felt a bit rushed.

I really liked it. The only complaint I have is the same one I had for the entire last series. It just feels like there are too many segments that are too short. I like Tom and Vicki in INBIIAG? and Johnny doing the used car rundown, but I can't help wondering if you need both each show. The same with the dogfight and the rollover stunt. They were exciting, but they felt a bit rushed.

why do you think they are too short, what would you add, what is missing ? If they goofed off a bit less in each review I think there would be more than enough time for a thorough road test.
And im surprised that you found the rollover stunt rushed when everyone found it too long. Why was it rushed, Im genuinely interested ?

^ I thought it was kinda cheap that last week they did the MkI TT and this week they did the MkI Boxster. They made the point last week of showing that late 90s roadsters could now be had for a cheap price. Obviously the same applies to the Boxster, Z3 and old SLK.

I'd like it if they moved to other more affordable cars, like an E39 M5 or something. And are they gonna give away used cars from now on?

why do you think they are too short, what would you add, what is missing ? If they goofed off a bit less in each review I think there would be more than enough time for a thorough road test.
And im surprised that you found the rollover stunt rushed when everyone found it too long. Why was it rushed, Im genuinely interested ?
I don't know. It just seems like they never really talk that much about the cars in the reviews. Like the LC review, the old clips were nice, but I would like to have seen Tom off-road it a little more, like they did for the Range Rover Sport and Fiat Panda, instead of the mainly on-road driving. And Johnny's test of the Mazda2's performance was enlightening, but he didn't really say much about the economy, which you'd think would be the main point of it.

Last edited:
I'm afraid what Toms says about new Land Cruiser rolling on the road is complete rubbish.
I've driven both the new Land Cruiser (Diesel) (accidentally it was today :) ) and Range Rover '07 (SuperCharged) (about a year ago) and I can say this:
The new Land Cruiser Rolls a lot less in comfort mode than the old model (LC120) in comfort mode and in sport mode it almost doesn't roll at all (this is the same for braking), in sport mode it really stays completly leveled. On the other hand the Range Rover rolls more than the new Land Cruiser and even more than the old Land Cruiser.

So, Tom, you've completely pulled that out of your ... hair..

Good ep. the M3 v.s C63 segment needs to be longer.

infact.. more tiff + jason = winning formula.

crash test was a waste of my time, mazda 2 review was allright, shoot out was pretty good as usual.. 8/10

I agree about the Landcruiser... I would rather have a Discovery, Defender or Rangie than one of those hippie Japanese off - roaders!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oriqi_2YaXc[/YOUTUBE]

Some cry-baby sissy little girl got her frilly little knickers in a bunch after reading that I didn't particularly like this episode and after bursting into tears she decided to give me neg rep. :rolleyes:

I picture her looking something like this:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/30/crybabybitch.jpg

Now don't you worry, diddums - words can't hurt you. You just wipe away those tears and forget allllll about that big meanie called Austere and all those big, mean words he said. You want a lollipop? Hmmm? There you go... :hug:

Now run along.

On another note; I have a feeling that because i've entered "little girl" into google the FBI will be after me... :unsure:

i liked it..although i still can't get used to VBH and her squeeling

when they cut from the blue motion to the stupid car stunt..i though the episode was cut off or something..

what tom's son name? Bear?

pretty good in my books

The M3 and C63 segment was to be expected, even if it had already been done by TG. Still fun to watch, and Tiff and Jason never make these things boring anyway

the Mazda bit was cool, seeing how much of a difference weight really makes.

Never kinda understood why a Clio was a direct rival for an offroad toy thingie, and the result was surprising. The buggy should have ran circles around the Clio but because they fitted offroad tyres, soft suspension and shorter gears, it didn't.

The crash was kinda lame, too long and stuff...

Overall 8/10

Actually, they did some work and this series is much, much better than the last one. In fact, last year I was bored. This year I am not.

Vicky with another S2000? What a shock.
On old TG it appeared as if she drove one every week on there too.

"The Fireblade engine is inside me" :lol: