[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters
When Jeremy mentioned the countdown to the service on the Merc in episode one, and wondered what would happen if he went past the date it said the service was due, James said, "Cooler... Three veeks." It's probably a reference to something like The Great Escape*, where Steve McQueen was the 'Cooler King' because he was always being sent to solitary confinement - the 'cooler'.

Jeremy's comment this week was carrying on from that :)

*because The Great Escape seems to be on British TV at least twice a year, so most of us of a certain age have seen it about a million times...

I figured it was one of those WWII movies. Thanks!

its also one of the best WWII movies ever made.

That's because the Hogan's Heroes cooler was actually a gateway to the outside and a rec center (unbeknownst to the Germans) and not really a place of punishment. :p

I love logic. Problem is: you're not making any. .

You are masking your inability to understand my logic (along with other simple facts) by saying it doesn?t exist; you are the kind of person that would send people saying?the Earth is round, not flat? to the inquisition because, of course, you know it is flat and that?s that.

So I ask you again: are you sure they're not having overheating issues when upping the power output?

I am absolutely convinced that not overheating is the cause of not making the car yet(AGAIN: the same way they found solutions for cooling the 1001HP engine they can find solutions for cooling the engine with 1200HP.But it takes money to find those solutions and the result would be pointless as the car?s supremacy is not threatened by anyone. How damn difficult is it to get that? ); I already said why the car would not make sense, I?m not going to repost it, you can read it a few posts back.

edit: Making the engine 1200hp instead of 1001 would take a lot of money for a very small performance difference. It is like the difference between expensive sound systems and very, very expensive ones: you have great accuracy with a 10 000Euro system; the differences between a 10k and one that costs 100k are very small and can be heard by trained ears. The difference is minimal but extremely expensive because it takes serious R&D to find those tweaks. If the 10k system has a performance of 90%, then the 100k has the performance level 91%; all the 90k difference went into that 1% (1% of 100 or 1,(1) percent of 90).
Just like in Formula1 where they spend millions for thousandths of a second; the difference is that, in F1, everyone spends that kind of money because it is a COMPETITION; if the top team doesn?t, it won?t be top at the end of the next race.
Bugatti Veyron has no competition hence no reason to power upgrade it.

Last edited:
@ turbokompressor:

I was just writing a long-ass post about what has happened and why this and how that. But you know what? I don't want to anymore. The only thing we do here is clog up the thread with senseless drivel noone really want's to read.

Let's just say that we basically agree that the Veyron was inhibited by the weather and thus didn't do as well as it actually can, for the sake of your, my and everyone elses nerves.

Cheers! :cheers:

@ turbokompressor:

I was just writing a long-ass post about what has happened and why this and how that. But you know what? I don't want to anymore. The only thing we do here is clog up the thread with senseless drivel noone really want's to read.

Let's just say that we basically agree that the Veyron was inhibited by the weather and thus didn't do as well as it actually can, for the sake of your, my and everyone elses nerves.

Cheers! :cheers:

Salut!

JM: "That man's destroying your Volvo.
Are you going to sort him out?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Group Hug >----------------------O---------------------------------------<

the office is a quite good find the odd thing game... ;)

mp5 on jezzas desk...
gold bars
locomotive book

btw:, board behind richard saying "THE GREAT TOP GEAR WHITE VAN MAN CHALLENGE".... wonder what that is about ;)

Last edited:
Very good episode, News improved, great cocking about stuff in the cheap car challenge, great cinematography & views in the desert of the Veyron and Mac F1; and Stephen Fry as a guest, funny but not looking as well as he ought after loosing so much weight.
I hope Stephen is OK. :unsure:

Very good episode, News improved, great cocking about stuff in the cheap car challenge, great cinematography & views in the desert of the Veyron and Mac F1; and Stephen Fry as a guest, funny but not looking as well as he ought after loosing so much weight.
I hope Stephen is OK. :unsure:

See his twitter, he's getting stressed out with people telling him he looks ill poor lamb. He says feels terrific, i know his face is a little gaunt but that's what happens if you're older & lose weight, sadly.
Certainly his poor old ticker is smiling...:) Now if he would just give up the ciggies....

Group Hug >----------------------O---------------------------------------<

Oh no you didn't!
group-hug1.jpg

I didn't read all the posts so maybe it has already been talked about but: what fell out of Jeremy's mouth as he accelerated the Volvo,on the track? chewing gum?

"Polish doesn't work !"
Could Hitler have been right ?!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get around the video glitch? It plays fine on my computer but when loaded onto a USB, the video will stop playing around the 16 min mark.

Does anyone know how to get around the video glitch? It plays fine on my computer but when loaded onto a USB, the video will stop playing around the 16 min mark.

Try compressing the file.