[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
No torrent or download discussion in this thread.

Will Young picture on Jezzas desk.
Love the TG office, gold bars and the Stig in a photocopier.
James stereo. :lol:

McLaren F1 vs Veyron!!! :cool:

Bastards! Stole my idea! :p (I'll settle for free top gear filming tickets for me and my mates)

All they have to do to mitigate the shumistig thing is to just do a thing of "after filming the episode last week, we put the rubbish and jeremy's shirt out and found the stig tied up in the wheelie bins

Last edited:
As expected the Veyron did not beat the F1 by as much as some might expect, but with the heat of Dubai the Veyron loses a lot of power.

Last edited:
Just watched it, laughed through everything as usual, going to catch it on BBC iPlayer tomorrow.:p

Anyone notice the toothwhitening kit on Hammond's desk?!:)

Oh my sweet bejaysus if anything this ep was BETTER than last week!!!

The news segment, talking about their driving tests was brilliant (makes me feel alot better :p)

Hammond's bits, especially the drag race at the end were phenomenal!!!!

Stephen Fry was brilliant as usual.

The challange was hilarious, James' hat and the stereo and trance music in the car. Getting the insurance at the start, and the bit at the end!!!

10/10 lads, good show!!!:D

Poll added. Vote away.

I am a fan of the challenge! I was in stitches multiple times!

Very good show, the challenge was very entertaining, the Lambo was so good looking (though he seemed to talk more about what they wanted to achieve with it, than what they actually achieve with it), but I'd pick the Zonda F as well. It's just a lot more special.. And a lot more exclusive.

I was surprised by the Veyron Vs. Mclaren bit. The heat down there must really take its toll on the quad turbo engine. I wonder how much horsepower it's producing in those circumstances.

And Stephen Fry is indeed very funny and seems to be a genuinely pleasant man.

One of the best episodes in a long time for me, loved the challenge, and the sound of the Lambo is astonishing.

10/10

IB4 Americans and Swedes complain about them calling the Veyron and F1 the fastest cars in the world!

Now that's out the way; better episode than last weeks, which wasn't a bad episode itself. The news was MUCH better. I'd love to get a lap time for an F1, just for the record - I reckon it would beat the Veyron.

Just some small mistakes in editing, for example being able to clearly hear James' barely raised voice over what was supposed to be a blaring stereo, making it plain it was added in during editing. No point, just play it in the car for real - if the sound recorded by the overheads is messed up, distorted, clipping and sounds like an unprofessional mess then good - that's what fits what's going on on screen.

For the record, I have witnessed a wee chav pulling a handbrake turn in a Tesco carpark and pulling one of the girls he done it in front of - there must be something to it.

Got it a solid 9. Until the end of the challenge got me really laughing, then Stephan was not the solid 10 i was looking for (there was a lot of promise there, but it didn't catch on as well), but teh bombshell was deadly statisfying: an empty highway, two massive motors on dolby surround...

8/10 for the episode. The Challenge wasn't as great as last weeks race but still enjoyable. Best part of the challenge was the Top Gear office and noticing all the little things on the desks. Will Youngs Picture on Jezza's Desk, the Queen (or i assumed it was the Queen) on James' desk and dog photos on Hamsters (although i thought they could have used photos of Oliver). On top of that the Stig going into the photocopier was pure class and looking forward to seeing the torrent release so i can see what else i missed.
The SIARPC was great for once with the typically great Stephen Fry. I thought when Stephen Fry was saying how a father yelled "Oi Fry, my kids go to bed with you every night" that was going to cue a Michael Jackson joke. The Phone App i think was called Grinder, now thats probably going to be the Daily Fail's focal point for bitching about this weeks Top Gear and someone, somewhere out there is probably yelling to the heavens.
The race was good, but again like this weeks and last weeks review the only thing that saved all of them was the stunning cinematography. Absoultely great shots of the Lambo in the desert and interested to see what Lambo is working on next.
Good episode, and as always great stuff from the Top Gear Trinity.

Good ep'.

The challenge was very funny - we spotted stiggy copying himself and Will Young, but missed the tooth whitening!

Gotta love James' stereo too - they really are gits to him sometimes!

Lambo and Macca/Bugatti segments were good, great scenery and sound; my only complaint is most of it was straight line drag racing stuff - but then I guess that's what the main point of these cars is...

News better than last week, and Stephen Fry was on form, always entertaining.

I'd give it a 9.

Great Callback at the beginning

Will Young Picture, teeth whitening kit, etc

Anyone see the Stig trying to photocopy his helmet?

All in all a good episde, interesting advice for 17 Year Olds... my year 13 mate wanted to get a Volvo because he's in a band, but he is clinically insane and a nerd, but a good, fun section.

Liked the race between the Veyron and Maccer, thought it might be a bit closer judging from what was said in the magazine

8/10, almost good enough to give me a crisis :p

Last edited: