[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters
I would've loved if they did a proper cheap car challenge, like the one from 3-4 years ago with the cars for less than 100 quid. .

The Volvo won that one too!! :cool:

Will Young picture on Jezzas desk.
Love the TG office, gold bars and the Stig in a photocopier.
James stereo. :lol:

McLaren F1 vs Veyron!!! :cool:

For those that are still waiting for the torrent or might have missed them:
vlcsnap-13595368.png

vlcsnap-13596111.png

Much improved over last week. A solid episode, and the news was far better than last week's appalling filth. The challenge was pretty good, probably on par with the van challenge of Season 8. Not epic, but not awful either. The "let's mess with James" thing is getting annoying, but they didn't focus on it very much. Hammond was excellent in Abu Dhabi as he didn't mumble and make weird awkward hand gestures like he's been doing in the few seasons since the crash. And Stephen Fry is always a joy.

Gave it a 9. Wanted to give it the 10, but I've been watching my "all-time favorites" earlier this week and this wasn't as good.

The Murci?lago send-off was great. Also enjoyed the Veyron vs. F1 race. The "teen car" challenge was not as solid overall as the race last week, but it did have the "cocking about" I so enjoy.

The News was still disappointing, but at least a bit more topical this week than last.

And Stephen Fry topped his last appearance, which is saying something considering how awesome his original appearance was.

the one thing i kept thinking of during the whole office scene was 'how cool would it be to work in that office.' got to be one of the best workplaces in the world.

Absolutely, brilliantly, epic episode; MUCH better than last weeks; especially the news.

9.5/10 for me

Funnily enough I had exactly the same thought. (Mineworksfine finally comes out of the Fifth Gear closet.)

A solid 8 from me. although from all the bits I missed (Mrs Hersworksfinetoo is actually Mrs Noteverythingworksaswellasitshouldrightnow as she has a cervical herniated disk) so I was ironing shirts during the first half of the show.

The bit with the remote on the driveway had me laughing even harder than Jezza's arrival at the Florida campsite with a cow on the roof of his 'Stang Camaro.

Fixed! :wall::hammer::no::stupid:

Last edited:
the one thing i kept thinking of during the whole office scene was 'how cool would it be to work in that office.' got to be one of the best workplaces in the world.

I know a guy who visits there regularly, and he says it's a brilliant atmosphere with Playstations, table soccer and a very relaxed and fun environment. I wish more employers could realise that a happy and relaxed employee is a committed and hard working one.

So desk items include
- picture of Will Young
- picture of the Queen
- picture of a cow
- calendar of dogs
- model car and caravan
- cut out of the stig
- airsoft gun
- handheld vacuum cleaner (james!)
- model of the red barron's last aircraft (james!)
- model Messerschmidt
- box of tools(?) (james)
- teeth whitening kit

Not sure what the pile of gold bullian would have been for...

Also saw a picture of christin scott thomas and like i said earlier the money

Last edited:
"I've got a motorbike!" :lmao:

B 8/10

This episode started out pretty well and then, it just kind of fell apart. The end almost brought it back together, offering up some sort of redemption with the cars that were pitted against each other, but then, failed to pull it off. To watch the two cars race in something other than a drag race would have been interesting, though I'm sure once the Veyron had lost (which it may or may not have done) people would have been very upset with this episode. Still, it felt very much like some sort of a compromise. The LP 670-4 racing against the SLR 722 was absolutely awesome.

The editing is once in awhile choppy, but almost never unacceptably so. During the adding up of the scores, Jeremy was speaking to some girls and, the mashing together of the clips for that just didn't work. The news, while much much better than last weeks, was not up to the same level as the episodes in the past series.

I found the first part of the challenge to be funny and fun to watch, the second just wasn't, as watching people purposely crash into and destroy things for no reason is just getting old anymore. It seems that the indiscriminate smashing of things is much more funny and interesting when it is put together as an accident (even if it isn't really one). Richard talking to the girls and telling them that he had a motorcycle was the only part that I really laughed at.

In summary, I loved the first half, or thereabouts, of this episode but, the second half (the second part of the challenge video, McLaren Vs. the Veyron) was quite lackluster. The end just felt empty, as if there was something very much missing. I felt let down by this episode somehow.

Last edited:
I almost fell off my chair when I saw THE bodykit.
:lol:
So true...

Not bad.
The challenge was going great until they went back to the track. I thought the drag race/crashing into stuff was a bit too stupid. I thought the "sneak in at 3am" was a hoot, especially "can you smell smoke on my fingers".
Didn't care for the siarpc segment. Should have been better with Steven Fry. Iphone aps and Twitter = BORING.

I gave this a 9, but I now suffer from buyer's remorse.

Great episode, though.

I wonder if many others do. I can't get over how many people rate average episodes as 8's and 9's, surely that's what 4-5-6's are for. There has to be some low scoring episodes for the scoring system to be valid.

why did the stig put his head into the copy machine?

Have you never photocopied your face ? Or any other part of your person ;) I thought everyone had done that at some point in their lives :lol:

4813.jpg