[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters
Nice to see the FXX time sorted out. That Supercar race at the end make me wonder why i even bother to watch 5th gear.

A bit too much slapstick in the challenge, but otherwise that was a lolworthy segment. Lambo was phenomenal, Veyron was excellent and seeing Stephen Fry as a guest was delightful. 9/10 from me, and the Lambo segment was very very well filmed.

Thought I would post this up for the inevitable mention of the SSC ultimate aero

kim1.jpg

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/index.php

So desk items include
- picture of Will Young
- picture of the Queen
- picture of a cow
- calendar of dogs
- model car and caravan
- cut out of the stig
- airsoft gun
- handheld vacuum cleaner (james!)
- model of the red barron's last aircraft (james!)
- model Messerschmidt
- box of tools(?) (james)
- teeth whitening kit

Not sure what the pile of gold bullian would have been for...

Also saw a picture of christin scott thomas and like i said earlier the money

Two "Locomotives 1948-1968" books on Jeremy's desk and third model of aeroplane (biplane). :p

But some of this stuff was moved around during filming (CST photo, planes).

Last edited:
8/10. Very funny at parts.

I had the poor timing of taking a sip, right when Hamsters body-kitted car came onto the screen. I almost shot my drink out my nose. Well done.

It's funny when people say that the news was better this week. Almost half of the news this week was from last weeks news but it didn't make the final cut. And you wonder why there are no "News Uncut" videos yet :p.

Great episode, 8/10.

::cough cough:: Didn't you make some sweeping promises about your visit last week? :p Kidding of course.

Unlike most others, I thought the news was total crap. WTF is going on with this segment lately? The side tracks are utterly pointless and they don't seem able to transition back like they used to. It's just Richard constantly saying "can we please talk about a car on Top Gear." I think I chuckled but that's it.

Challenge was hilarious. I was laughing to tears minutes in. Yes Clarkson drove up the hill like an idiot on purpose (but most teens would do the same), yes he broke the window on purpose, and yes he clearly pushed the car into the (?) shed. I agree May's stereo was classic and I swear they're still managing, somehow, to do stuff to him without him knowing it's going to happen. Well unless he's a much better actor than I'm giving him credit for. Did you notice he pulled his car way up on the left so no one could open the door into him?

Fry was good, and I'm an American! The gay cruising app was hilarious and just watching Jeremy get all little boy "oh I want to see your fancy naught toy" always cracks me up.

Lambo bit was just fine. I couldn't really get into it but that's expected from someone like me. Top Gear is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a car show after all so there was nothing "wrong" per say.

I'm between an 8 and a 9, loosing points for the news being so crap. Normally that'd take off 1 point but it seems like an extra point off for two weeks of rubbish news in a row may be appropriate.

The girl standing behind Richard during the studio segments was incredible. I want that in my life.

I found the episode quite hillarious (Lol moments included the stereo, the office, James driving off over the hill, "I've got a motorbike" and "No, no crashes in the last 5 years," Jeremy crashing into the greenhouse, Richard's bodykit and trying to break at the lights and the Grinder Apps) but wasn't really realistic, the challenge. Although I didn't really expect it to be realistic to be honest, but neither do the insurance companies (5000 quid for a Liana?). The teenage driving culture seems to be the same anywhere you go. In Oz, Year 12s drive to school in their 90s Commodores and always do 60-70kph around the streets. But I do consider it to be a turn off. Sometimes, they screech their tyres when it's unneccessary to do so. But hey, that's just me.

So the news. Better than last week, but FFS talk about cars.

Stephen Fry was quiet than usual but he looks fit now.

After watching that Murci review, I so want that Lambo. It sounds so good and even if it's not considered as a hypercar, it's close to it. And that Showdown between the Bugatti and Mclaren was so nail biting. I thought the Mclaren would win, but the Veyron's got speed.

Overall, 8/10.

10/10 from me. my stomach hurts from all this laughing

I found the episode quite hillarious (Lol moments included the stereo, the office, James driving off over the hill, "I've got a motorbike" and "No, no crashes in the last 5 years," Jeremy crashing into the greenhouse, Richard's bodykit and trying to break at the lights and the Grinder Apps) but wasn't really realistic, the challenge. Although I didn't really expect it to be realistic to be honest, but neither do the insurance companies (5000 quid for a Liana?). The teenage driving culture seems to be the same anywhere you go. In Oz, Year 12s drive to school in their 90s Commodores and always do 60-70kph around the streets. But I do consider it to be a turn off. Sometimes, they screech their tyres when it's unneccessary to do so. But hey, that's just me.

So the news. Better than last week, but FFS talk about cars.

Stephen Fry was quiet than usual but he looks fit now.

After watching that Murci review, I so want that Lambo. It sounds so good and even if it's not considered as a hypercar, it's close to it. And that Showdown between the Bugatti and Mclaren was so nail biting. I thought the Mclaren would win, but the Veyron's got speed.

Overall, 8/10.
What's wrong with smoking tires :|

Nice to see the FXX time sorted out. That Supercar race at the end make me wonder why i even bother to watch 5th gear.
5th gear is what exactly poped into my head during that race, they would never have the budget to do anything like this.

1. Fly hammond and film crew to Dubai
2. Borow Bugatti Veyron and rare ?2M Mclaren F1

Even if they did, they would still have found some way to make it boring (Tiff making up excuses for the Mc F1 for example.)

Last week I wanted to watch it again. This week, not so much. A rare episode where the most amusing part was the SIARPC. Dubai was amazing, definitely want to have a drag race through the middle of Dubai in a supercar at some point in my life. The teen car seemed to have lost something in the edit, should have been funnier than it was.

I've been thinking about the F1 vs. Veyron battle...

Massive respect for the F1! Up until 150mph it was in the lead, then it lost it mainly because of it's long final drive ratio. But it didn't lose by much. What a car!

I'm wondering what it would have been if it was a Veyron vs. F1 LM. Still the same gear ratios, but it was 100lbs lighter.

8/10. Was better than last weeks. More funny moments.
Kinda dissapointed that the Veryon won, but was to be expected.
Good lol at James 'touched inapporiately' joke again. Loved the stereo.

News still seems shorter than usual...

Oh did anyone else notice, the engine warning light in the Veyron was ON :lol:
It's exactly the same one as in a Golf :lol:

Oh did anyone else notice, the engine warning light in the Veyron was ON :lol:
It's exactly the same one as in a Golf :lol:

LOL. And to think we're having an argument over in General Automotive that VW doesn't share bits between platforms!

It was a pretty good episode, although I was a bit annoyed at some of the obvious fake bits in the 17 year old cheap car challenge. That said, it's Top Gear, I won't whinge on too much! :D

LOL. And to think we're having an argument over in General Automotive that VW doesn't share bits between platforms!

http://img35.imageshack.**/img35/9369/photot.jpg
vw+key.jpg