[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters
Yes but if you replaced Hammond's face with the face of a woman it would fit perfectly. :blink:

I'm guessing you haven't noticed James May's hair for the past... oh... four or five seasons?

I had to give this one a 10. It was a marked improvement from last week's episode (which after watching it again I wanted to score lower).

I had to rewatch the catch the little props from the office set (I didn't even pick up The Stig and the copy machine until reading the comments here). The 2nd part of the 17-yr-old's car challenge was exactly as I expected it to be, except for the sneaking back home at 3am bit. I didn't expect something like that, but I should've been.

Absolutely loved the Lambo and the Veyron vs F1 race. And the news was far better than last week's rubbish.

I'm guessing you haven't noticed James May's hair for the past... oh... four or five seasons?

James May's hair isn't feathered. :p It befits James in a way that Hammond's hair never could.

Great episode.

For those complaining about the super/hyper cars doing nothing more than a drag race, it was the best they could do for the cars.

When you have a circuit race, driver skill comes into place much more than it would on a drag strip. By only doing a drag race, they eliminated most driver error, and let the cars do the talking.

I had to rewatch the catch the little props from the office set (I didn't even pick up The Stig and the copy machine until reading the comments here). The 2nd part of the 17-yr-old's car challenge was exactly as I expected it to be, except for the sneaking back home at 3am bit. I didn't expect something like that, but I should've been.

Speaking of the objects in the office, what was with the (American) football helmet in the background?

I went back and watched the Stephen Fry interview again. My god is he quite interesting.

Hey guys.....

Missed the first 5 min, could kick myself for that :p Have to wait for the rerun for that.....

Reason I'm here:
Does anyone know that gorgeous golden haired beauty with the pearl necklace standing behind Stephan Fry during the interview? I didn't get a word that they were saying, I was so mesmerized by her smile..... The cars pale in comparison!

...and if you're her boyfriend, then Sir I congratulate you on your impeccable taste in women and challenge you to a duel, you may choose your car of choice ;)

Great episode.

For those complaining about the super/hyper cars doing nothing more than a drag race, it was the best they could do for the cars.

When you have a circuit race, driver skill comes into place much more than it would on a drag strip. By only doing a drag race, they eliminated most driver error, and let the cars do the talking.

erm, you're wrong...

Yes, the competency of the drivers plays a big part. It is quite possible, however, that the Veyron is not capable of out handling, maneuvering, etc. the F1 on a track.

The result of a mile long drag race between the two cars was pretty much a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Really? You werent as shocked as me that the 16 year old car kept up so well with the brand new ubercar so well?

To be that close after a mile is astonishing. With less horsepower, 2 fewer wheels driving the car, a proper gearbox and clutch, and tons less technology.

<<< Also, check out the new avatar! Doof Doof Doof!

Really? You werent as shocked as me that the 16 year old car kept up so well with the brand new ubercar so well?

To be that close after a mile is astonishing. With less horsepower, 2 fewer wheels driving the car, a proper gearbox and clutch, and tons less technology.

<<< Also, check out the new avatar! Doof Doof Doof!

Once they got off the line the AWD actually has a parasitic effect on the car's performance. I thought it was great to see the Makka that close to one of the more overrated cars ever in the Veyron, but the F1 just can't compete with its 90's aerodynamics.

Hey guys.....Reason I'm here:
Does anyone know that gorgeous golden haired beauty with the pearl necklace standing behind Stephan Fry during the interview? I didn't get a word that they were saying, I was so mesmerized by her smile..... The cars pale in comparison!

...and if you're her boyfriend, then Sir I congratulate you on your impeccable taste in women and challenge you to a duel, you may choose your car of choice ;)
The babes are being discussed HERE

9/10

Good episode; loved the challenge. Should have bought a Volvo. Nice bit of fandan as well:wicked:

I love the fact the McLaren F1 was in the lead until ~250km/h. Doesn't the Bugatti have a Launch Control or did Richard accidentally miss it? I know the Bugatti weighs way more and by the time to get the Veyron masses into motion, the F1 can grab the lead. But for this far?

LOVED IT!

and btw, loved the the picture of will young in the office on the desk of Jezza ;) :D Brilliant!

When I heard that Lambo it was truly a

<insert I-just-had-a-'crisis' picture here>

Great show, the office scene was hilarious. Stig and the photocopier!

Super episode! I was not surprised that the McLaren F1 was not too far behind the Veyron. The Murcielago SV part was nicely done as well! "Oh Homosexual 9 miles! We will drive down in my Mercedes" !, Grinder part was very funny!

Perfect!!

Perfect!!

The perfect one! I'm very glad to see Top Gear' classic challenges, hyper-cars and the jokes about slick onto Fxx)) It had been removed from the bar, as it was planned!

Excellent!

10/10

I love the fact the McLaren F1 was in the lead until ~250km/h. Doesn't the Bugatti have a Launch Control or did Richard accidentally miss it? I know the Bugatti weighs way more and by the time to get the Veyron masses into motion, the F1 can grab the lead. But for this far?

The Veyron also has a double clutch gearbox, making it a bit of a pig to get off the line, and it loses a lot of power in the extreme heat of Abu Dhabi, much less than the McLaren and it's Gold engine bay.

Was an epic race, and an epic episode.