[13x02] June 28th, 2009

[13x02] June 28th, 2009

• Total voters
I don't think I would have a Volvo estate for my first car... far too big. I'd never be able to park it. Lol. Still, it was a laugh to see them annoying James again. =)

micro_car_1_470x200.jpg

The Murcielago, the SLR 722, the F1, and the Veyron plus that desert background... Best Top Gear episode I've seen in a while. Terrific stuff!

Very nice episode, but the first car challenge lacked that extra bit to make it special... Still, very amusing episode...

Will Young picture on Jezzas desk.
Love the TG office, gold bars and the Stig in a photocopier.
James stereo. :lol:

McLaren F1 vs Veyron!!! :cool:

Don't forget the tooth whitening kit on hammonds desk!

Got it 8 of 10
dual between bugati and Mc F1 was most awaited but they kinda cut it too short...wud've loved if they'd gotten both toys on their track to play around lil more
news section was much better than last epi's one
and challange was good too but not beating race of last week
btw did anyone notice when those 3 throw around things they cudnt get in their cars (well yeah not jezza but he had house on wheels not a car ) there is error in editing
cuz first we see hammond near tent and notice that blue table thing laying lil further and then a scene or two later we see that thing near hammond again and he throws it away claiming it was not his?!! were they sleepy while cut pasting huh?

ohh yeah and James' stereo FTW^^ i bet he has already taken it out of golf and into his panda

Last edited:
WTF? Insurance premiums

WTF? Insurance premiums

Hi,

not being from the UK, I was awestruck with the insurance rates for beginners. They are steep in Germany as well but the quotes they got in this show were ridiculous. Is it really that expensive if you go third party only or were the quotes for third party plus some sort of comprehensive car insurance?

Last edited:
They really are that high, even for the most basic insurance. And insuring anything other than a basic small car (think Fiesta, Saxo, Polo etc) is pretty much impossible to afford.

This was by far one of my favourite episodes of Top Gear.

My main criticism of this one though is the editing of the Murcielago VS Merc 722 section - it would appear as though some of the film is spliced in the race, in some screen grabs (mostly side on) the 722 appears to have been cut and added into the final edit - only half the car appears on screen very briefly.

Apart from that, great episode.

^ That has been discussed before, and as it turned out, it's due to the compression of the video. Another video from a different source with a different encoding didn't have that problem. :)

Ahh yep, that makes sense. I did do a search for info on that problem but clearly didn't use the right keywords.

Thanks for clarifying.

9 / 10.

The challenge was so funny, especially james' stereo!