[13x02] June 28th, 2009

I really wanna know the song they use to torment James May. I love it, i wanna test it out on my system!!!!

Same, does anyone know it? Someone email topgear and ask ;)

Done. Doubt they will respond, but there is always hope. As an avid techno fan and always loving a good beat, I must know the song. :mrgreen:

I really wanna know the song they use to torment James May. I love it, i wanna test it out on my system!!!!
There are thousands of songs that sound like this.. I believe the style is usually called 'breakcore'... but if I had to narrow it down I would say it could definitely be something from Planet Mu records.

Last edited:
11:43 - 11:48 is Commence by Plus System (aka Scott Brown)
I'm not sure if the 08:37 - 09:00 is the same song. The bass is way too loud on that clip.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the 08:37 - 09:00 is the same song.
I have to agree. They didn't sound like they were the same to me. Similar, but not quite the same, and although you sound like you're right for that section, I can't match any part of it to the earlier part.

I say that with disappointment, because I'd like to know the 08:37 - 09:00 one as well.

I have to agree. They didn't sound like they were the same to me. Similar, but not quite the same, and although you sound like you're right for that section, I can't match any part of it to the earlier part.

I say that with disappointment, because I'd like to know the 08:37 - 09:00 one as well.

If you listen closely, you can hear the vocals: "Let the beat commence" at clips 08:37 - 09:00 and 50:19 - 50:35 just like in Plus system - commence. Dunno if the bass is so loud and distorted it sounds abit different or is it some remix.. Does anyone else hear the vocals at those clips?:p

edit:
The bass just sounds heavier because the subwoofers play it so loud. The song sounds the same when i play it on my subwoofers. Anyway I can't be sure about those other clips. Could be some remix.

Last edited:
I'm not sure any of them are Plus System - Commence, I hear the similarity but even at 11:43 that thrashy beat and heavy bass heard in the episode isn't there in the Plus System song.

Last edited:
If you listen closely, you can hear the vocals: "Let the beat commence"...
Agreed, the lyric can be heard at 50:21 - however, I'm unsure that 50:19 - 50:35 is all the same track.

There's no part of Commence that seems to match up to the 08:37 track, no matter how much I fiddle with the graphic equalisers on my computer. The rhythm is just wrong.

The song's by ES Posthumus are rediculously addictive, strange combo which seems to work well.

it does sound very similar but at 8:47 it seems to change to a different part in the song so but the same beat remains so it cant be commence unless its a remix :?

It is definately Commence, but its a remix. i found 2 remixes. 1 was not it and the second was Jonny El remix. Maybe that was it. :|

one of the songs sounds like

HIxxy & Recon - Reactor

Maybe from same artist...

Can i just say how happy i am to have found this forum? for the past 3 seasons i've been frustrated to the nines KNOWING that i own/recognise most of the music on top gear and instead of watching the show i'll sit there going...dadadum...grrrr whats it go like...

Does anyone who actually chooses the music for top gear? i've wrote to them many a time to no avail.

just saying..thanks =]

It seems i'm not the only one here frantically searching for that beat they force May to listen to, I have been searching for it relentlessly and still cannot find it. Good luck to everybody else searching for it!

08:37 - 9:00

Scott Brown - Commence

sounds like it is a remix though, I havent been able to find the remix version however this one is very close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0RfuPRpCug

its distorted more because of the extreme bass... hope you all like it :mrgreen:

Last edited: