[13x03] July 5th, 2009

[13x03] July 5th, 2009

• Total voters
I don't understand what you guys wanted from the Ken Block video if you're complaining.

Here are some arguments I keep seeing:
1.) The video is cut up and edited.
Okay? So you wanted someone with a camera to chase the car around so it will all be in one shot? I don't understand or see how that's possible. In the same way you could complain that the Stig and his hot laps are edited because it's not all in one shot.

2.) He made many attempts.
Okay. So you are saying he cleared those turns after failing many times? So what happens when you fail to clear past the hangar doors? You get a car wreck. Are you saying after wrecking his car several times and fixing it up to look brand new each of those times he finally got it right? If you look at the tire marks, they are consistent. I doubt he screws it up ever. You'd see a lot more scratches and dents on that vehicle.

I don't understand what you guys wanted from the Ken Block video if you're complaining.

Here are some arguments I keep seeing:
1.) The video is cut up and edited.
Okay? So you wanted someone with a camera to chase the car around so it will all be in one shot? I don't understand or see how that's possible. In the same way you could complain that the Stig and his hot laps are edited because it's not all in one shot.

2.) He made many attempts.
Okay. So you are saying he cleared those turns after failing many times? So what happens when you fail to clear past the hangar doors? You get a car wreck. Are you saying after wrecking his car several times and fixing it up to look brand new each of those times he finally got it right? If you look at the tire marks, they are consistent. I doubt he screws it up ever. You'd see a lot more scratches and dents on that vehicle.

another good point. If you guys remember, i believe he said that this is a normal practice spot for him, so, he knows it pretty good. remember the part where james says that he doesnt need a spotter on this run because he knows it so good?

Good episode but not astonishing.

I liked the news, mainly the car sauna segment. I read about it at TG website and was glad they actually did it.
Review of SL Black thing was ok.
Liked the cheap car challenge, mainly dog test. It was very entertaining.

On the other hand, I was expecting more about Ken Block's segment... something special was missing.... they could have added the one he does a donut and James could be walking in the middle and saying something or placing him holding something so Ken could take it off with the rear end of the car....
SIARPC was not so funny. His squeacks sometimes were very annoying, althoguh I must say i lol'ed about his impressions on park assistance things....

damn... there's quite a discussion going on here and i somehow can't see myself agreeing to what most of you people said before :O

I loved the episode, very nice
contrary to many complains here I quite liked McIntyre, I quite enjoy that sort of humour from time to time.
next, I didn't really like the ken block thing much... i think it was just a simple copy of his online vids with james may making weird comments from time to time... not too brilliant i think.

but hey, not to worry... everybody likes different things! as long as we all agree their cheap car advice was fun and enjoyable and the overall episode was good...

why cant i

why cant i

why cant i stream the last 2 esp of topgear to my xbox 360 after 14 min the vid ends and the audio keeps going if i put it on a tumdrive or my external hard drive it only plays for 16 min thens stops but it plays fully on my comp is this happing to anyone else and has anyone figured a way around it???

Same exact problem here. It would seem many people are having this very issue.

It seems to be a problem with the RIVER rips this year as it's never happened in previous seasons.

Plays fine on the computer, but how much fun is that... I've always loaded to flashdrive and played through my 360.

Last week I managed to DL another version of ep 2 that WASN'T a River file and it worked fine. Definitely something up with their rips specifically.

Anyone????

Cheap New Car Test: Part 1 was OK, don?t think the bankers got the point with everyone being mad at them, second part with the dogs was really, really funny, Since I live in the city, I can see the sense of the iQ which I liked.

News: Think was good, but I forgot what they said from laughing at the car sauna.
James meets Ken Block: Great cinematography and stunt driving, and James?s quote ?Oooh look, the nose of a DC-2? in the aircraft junkyard.

Car test: Mercedes SL Black - was surprised at Jeremy?s comments.

SIARPC: Michael McIntyre: I don?t mind him at all, he did some very funny car related jokes and his lap was mad on the last turn.

Cheap New Car Test: Part 1 was OK, don?t think the bankers got the point with everyone being mad at them, second part with the dogs was really, really funny, Since I live in the city, I can see the sense of the iQ which I liked.

News: Think was good, but I forgot what they said from laughing at the car sauna.
James meets Ken Block: Great cinematography and stunt driving, and James?s quote ?Oooh look, the nose of a DC-2? in the aircraft junkyard.

Car test: Mercedes SL Black - was surprised at Jeremy?s comments.

SIARPC: Michael McIntyre: I don?t mind him at all, he did some very funny car related jokes and his lap was mad on the last turn.

Oh, i think they got the point and that is why they are mad. WIN!

9/10

It felt fuller than the last two, not one or two things taking up the whole episode. SIARPC was great, review was good enough (though I don't like their white-stripe-animation-thing and choice of accompanying music, feels too much like a Scion commercial), the news was entertaining as always, and both cheap car things were good.

9/10

(though I don't like their white-stripe-animation-thing and choice of accompanying music, feels too much like a Scion commercial),

Yeah what was up with that? I thought a giant Ipod was suddenly going to appear on the screen.

9/10. Skipped over SIARPC as usual but the rest was great. The anti-gov't slogans had me in stitches.

Oh, i think they got the point and that is why they are mad. WIN!

Good then!

JC: ? have you thought about jumping out of a window? ?.. ? :lol:
(JC implied: ? because of the enormous, shambolic cock-up you bankers made)

Random Banker: ? ?. Erm ??

It seems to be a problem with the RIVER rips this year as it's never happened in previous seasons.

Plays fine on the computer, but how much fun is that... I've always loaded to flashdrive and played through my 360.

Last week I managed to DL another version of ep 2 that WASN'T a River file and it worked fine. Definitely something up with their rips specifically.

Anyone????

I'm not trying to watch on an xbox or a pc. I burn the River caps to a rewritable dvd and watch on my tv with divx certified dvd player. I never have any problems. I get my Top Gear off usenet or The Box (torrent).
Hope that info is helpfull in some way. :blink:

Last edited:

Anyone????

I am having the same issue. File works great on the PC no matter what player i use, but if i try to stream it to my xbox or put it onto a thumb drive the video cuts out after 15mins.

I'll give it a 7. Loved the dogs in the tiny cars. The car sauna was a HOOT.
Am I wrong base all my ratings on the Italian Super Car Challenge (10) and the amphibious cars challenges (8, 9.5)?

same thing is happining with his fifthgear rips wonder if reincoding them or something might help

for the first time ever, I didn't watch the guest: he tried to be funny in the first seconds and failed so I fast-forwarded. What an annoying
human being!

I take that back .I watched the entire interview and it was truly funny.
Hair under one arm for a year

This is one of my favorite episodes ever! Michael McIntyre was the funniest guest I've ever seen. I was cracking up just like Jeremy. That SL Black was just like that Brabus car Jeremy drove...and hated...a couple years back. So much unusuable torque. The car mini-reviews were pretty good, as well. Definitely going to watch it again.

Run of the mill episode, which in case of those three guys means great. I give it 9/10 because they talked a lot , being at ease, and it was as funny as it gets. Liked all the tests, the shenanigans, the dogs, the guest had a strange voice and laughter, but hell - let us not be too judgemental, who amongst us flawed humans on the face of this planet is a walking perfection, apart mebbe from my lovely wife ;)

btw I noticed how the dogs were perfect matches for the presenters, well, apart from the size of the Hammond's wolfhound (but the hair spot on )

Last edited:
Run of the mill episode, which in case of those three guys means great. I give it 9/10 because they talked a lot , being at ease, and it was as funny as it gets. Liked all the tests, the shenanigans, the dogs, the guest had a strange voice and laughter, but hell - let us not be too judgemental, who amongst us flawed humans on the face of this planet is a walking perfection, apart mebbe from my lovely wife ;)
Was your wife reading what you where typing just then:lol: