[13x04] July 12th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it's that long, maybe have a showdown with the Stig driving the whole lap in something and Bolt sprinting through from one side, across the grass and onto the other and hopefully he doesn't get run over.

There IS precedent for a car vs man short distance sprint on a portion of the top gear test track. Once upon a time Jason Dawe raced (and beat) a car in a sprint. Of course I'm pretty sure the car in question was the beloved Toyota Prius.

There IS precedent for a car vs man short distance sprint on a portion of the top gear test track. Once upon a time Jason Dawe raced (and beat) a car in a sprint. Of course I'm pretty sure the car in question was the beloved Toyota Prius.
That was a race against a G-Wizz, the Wizz ran out of juice right before the finishing line and Jason ran past and beat it.

Doesn't sound like my kind of episode but I am looking forward the Porsche Panamera vs. mailed letter thingy. That could be interesting.

Apparently you have never been to Jamacia. Right up there with the scariest places in the world. One or two Jamacians not in Jamacia are fine, but get them on their home soil and oh boy.

Well he looked down at my silver chain
He said I'll give you one dollar
I said you've got to be jokin' man
It was a present from me Mother
He said I like, it I want it
I'll take it off your hands
And you'll be sorry you crossed me
You'd better understand that you're alone
A long way from home

Found this pic in the series preview of Topgear.com and lol at James's expression

670x377Image.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the Panamera challenge just because I think this should be a good car and this type of Top Gear challenges are always great adventure.
Obviously the Porsche is an ugly car though, especially from the back. I've seen one driving around in Germany a few weeks ago and my god it's ugly...

That was a race against a G-Wizz, the Wizz ran out of juice right before the finishing line and Jason ran past and beat it.

Ah, yes that's it. I know it was something "beloved," but it wasn't on the wikipedia episode list and I wasn't going to sit and go through all my DVDs.

They should have him run a lap round the track and compare it to the time he did in the car.
:nod: Absolutely. (But then, he is a sprinter, not a middle distance runner. The length of the track is what, a couple of miles?)

Let's just have a 0-100 sprint, except this time just measure it in straight meters.

Last edited:
Well he looked down at my silver chain He said I'll give you one dollar I said you've got to be jokin' man It was a present from me Mother He said I like said:
Nice, wondered when 10CC would pop up, Jezza would prob like this!

Actually Bolt is an endurance runner, he just so happens to be insanely fast at short sprinting too.

Video of his 100m win in Bejing. Pretty amazing stuff, he started celebrating meters before he even finishes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io8t2CHGNb4[/YOUTUBE]

FWIW, he's not an endurance runner, he's a sprinter. He did tons of training in endurance, but he never fared as well as he does in sprinting.....obviously. The 100m was suppose to be his weakest and ended up being his best performance.

Last edited:
I am not a Porsche fan anyway but the Porsche Panamera :sick: I hope they don't like it!

I am really looking forward to the challenge - should be a lot of fun.

Hussein Bolt. As long as he's not there selling something for profit or talk about Man U then it's a scoop!!

More Jeremy is only ever a good thing!!!

Sounds like a great episode to look forward to. The guests this season have really been top quality this season. Michael Schumacher possibly the greatest F1 driver of all time, Stephen Fry whos pretty much a national treasure, Michael McIntyre is 1 of the more highly rated comedians around atm and just got the headline name in a big BBC1 Saturday night comedy show Michael McIntyre's Comedy roadshow (which is awesome btw) and now Usain Bolt, a current Olympic gold medallist. That's quite a guest list.

Oooooh yes! Usain Bolt!!! One of the few guests that I actually know before I love them on TG.

Any idea what time top gear will air today? Bloody mixed doubles is on BBC 2.

Any idea what time top gear will air today? Bloody mixed doubles is on BBC 2.
I suspect they'll knock that on the head at 8pm sharpish! Or else! :)
Whoops set top box says 8.30 now!!!

Last edited:
1st set just finished. I guess it will be at 9pm or later depending on who wins the 2nd set. Half the seats are empty in centre court, no one gives a crap about mixed doubles.

Edit : Oh wait it's gonna be on in a minute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.