[13x04] July 12th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to be able to attend the taping of episode 04 yesterday; the show was a good one (lack of sleep and excitement have me labeling it "the best show in the history of ever," so I'll wait till later and see if I'm objective). I don't like to read spoilers, I'm guessing that applies to most members?

Couple of quick, still partially-jet-lagged thoughts:

- Jeremy, Richard, and James behave exactly like you'd expect them to. We saw Jeremy the most as he was in the most segments. Lots of audience interaction and chatting.
- the parking lot had cars I'd never seen in person.
- seemed like there were a lot of films this week, though I'm sure it'll balance nicely for broadcast.
- the crew and presenters were spot-on with only a few quick re-takes. The gentleman running the hand-held camera was fantastic.
- some say he was quite far away from the crowd during the tea intermission, and that he appeared to be listening intently to the crew. All we know is blurry iPhone photos from a distance will have to do.
- even after working in video, I actually said the set "looks much smaller than on TV."
- Usain Bolt has a good sense of humor about himself.
- taping ran from about 2 p.m. till about 6:15/6:30 p.m.
- local cab drivers do not watch 'Top Gear,' but think they should "probably tune in one day."
- studio cams are Sony cams with Canon lensing.
- though I misunderstood him at first, Andy Wilman asked if I'd ever visited a site called "Final Gear..."

I'll write up a little more on Sunday and post in the appropriate place. I know I wouldn't have made it to the show without Final Gear as a resource, so cheers for that.

Last edited:
Thanks for your report! I always like to hear from people who have been at the recording. :)

They need to stop fucking around with the army. It was shit the first time, and it's always shit. The fifth gear just gone with the tanks which weren't even tanks was fucking hideous.

I'm actually eager to see if Usain can beat a car in a 10 meter sprint.

Cant wait til tomorrows EP.
Allthough i like the EP's when they buy a car for like 1k and do stuff with it.

Like the African journey, and the one in US and A, i just keep watching them over and over again ;)

They need to stop fucking around with the army. It was shit the first time, and it's always shit. The fifth gear just gone with the tanks which weren't even tanks was fucking hideous.

I thought the Army ones have been some of the best films.

Full disclosure- I'm in the Army.

There's a good balance of films this episode, very jam-packed, including a review, a race, a race, and Jeremy vs. the Army. If you don't care for the Army bits, it's not an overly-long segment. Thought the army film had some fun moments.

Time needs to move faster, it's too long of a wait between sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.