[13x04] Ratings

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
OK so here are the numbers for the fourth episode of Top Gear 13 and numbera re up with an average audience of 6.1m and a share of 26.6%.

It was once again the most watched show of the night with BBC News at 10 coming in second with 5.1 million and a 25.1% share and Kingdom came third with 4.8 million and a 20.8% share.

It was the most watched show on BBC Two by a very long way with second place going to On Thin Ice with 2.7 million and an 11.9% share.

Thanks. :)

I'm not sure how easy you can look these things up, but I wonder how the market share of this series holds up against the market share of the summer series of last year. Can you tell?

Thing is, TG was Except For Viewers In Scotland-ed at 8pm (they showed music festival highlights and bumped TG to 9pm). Is that allowed for here?

I'm not sure how easy you can look these things up, but I wonder how the market share of this series holds up against the market share of the summer series of last year. Can you tell?

Fairly easily as I've posted all the ratings for every series of the last few years here the day after the show has aired - so would just require a bit of searching and number crunching.

Will reply later when I've done it.

Thing is, TG was Except For Viewers In Scotland-ed at 8pm (they showed music festival highlights and bumped TG to 9pm). Is that allowed for here?

Not sure - will check when I get back in to work tomorrow but my leaning is towards probably not for the overnights although I imagine it WILL be added when the final ratings are released in a couple of weeks.

OK so series 11 (summer last year) opened on 6.2 million which puts the 7.1 million of this series (again summer) in an even more impressive light. In fact this series opened almost equal to last autumn series.

This series the second episode dropped very slightly to 6.2 million. When compared to the 1.5 million drop from episode one (6.2 million) to episode two (4.7 million) it again shows this series numbers in a pretty good light.

It dropped again for 13x03 going to 5.7 million which was Wimbledon final week. The same week last year saw 5.4 million although the share was a lot higher this year with 25.3% compared to 19.9% in 2008.

And for this episode we're back up to 6.1 million and a 26.6% share compared to 5.2 million and a 23.3% share last year.

Great, they are doing even better than last year then. :)

OK so here are the numbers for the fourth episode of Top Gear 13 and numbera re up with an average audience of 6.1m and a share of 26.6%.

It was once again the most watched show of the night with BBC News at 10 coming in second with 5.1 million and a 25.1% share and Kingdom came third with 4.8 million and a 20.8% share.

The problem is, nobody knows how pish an episode is going to be until its too late. If #5 follows on without improvement from #4 then ratings begin to drop.