[13x06] July 26th, 2009

[13x06] July 26th, 2009

• Total voters
Ceterum censeo not all men go for big boobs. Maybe my sample is statistically irrelevant but I seem to notice that the bigger the less sensitive... and I know exactly which I prefer.

Everyone knows the correct size for funcushions is One British Standard Handful. Any more and the chesticles in question are going to waste.

A good solid episode, but it could have been better. so 8 it is!

I donno if deserves more than that cuz i was in a really really bad mode, still :(

Last edited:
THIS. It was the first SIARPC i watched since... since Jay Kay's last visit.

Apart from that i can't complain much about this episode. I actually liked the dinosaur bit, eventhough the editing of the review was a bit too MTV-stlye for my liking.

hmmm it's actually the first one where i actually skipped! since... jay kay? maybe after... i skip quite a few, but i haven't skipped anyone since season 12... methinks...

Micheal McIntyre(?) was my fav so far... he was absolutely HILARIOUS
oh also Micheal Schumacher was very interesting...:
"So do you ever ehmm... find it boring... that it's always the same guy winning?"
*laughs*

or "who's rubbish?"
"sorry?"
"who's rubbish?"
"oh i'm sorry my english is not so good so..."

Jezza said Murcie... the screen showed Gallardo. :D

EDIT: Jezza's head is higher than the rollbar. :lol:

Last edited:
I think the problem is that these challenges have become comedy segments instead of real challenges. I think there ought to be some prize or penalty for winning or losing a challenge that would make the three of them take it a bit more seriously.

Yeah, like eating yellow snow...

Everyone knows the correct size for funcushions is One British Standard Handful. Any more and the chesticles in question are going to waste.

Evidently, I need to find myself a man with very large hands...

Great episode. I love Jezza's look when he won Austin :D unforgettable ! Thanks to fantastic presentation of BMW Z4 and Nissan (Datsun ;) ) 370Z I started to like those cars. Maddy was of course star of the show, really, she's gorgeous ;) Next time I skipped SIARPC, the best one was of course Michael McIntyre, I cried laughing :D Overall note is 9.

Sorry I havent read every post in this topic ..if its already been mentioned..however Hammonds co driver - the dwarf..also appears in the "boardroom meeting" during the Peel P 50 segment from a couple of seasons ago when he is driving it around the BBC building...

it has indeed been mentioned, but i can't be bothered to read all those pages either :O i thought he looked familiar somehow, but i guess everyone does in some way for me :?

What's your point?

point being, that a BRITISH show can't be blamed for not caring about US-prices! why should they?

for me, quite a good episode although i had to skip the SIARPC. shame really, seeing that most of you quite liked the chap and, i have to admit, i usually watch the segment completely and am indeed not too bored with it. won't rate it, I'll watch it again first.
rather predictably, james was brilliant on that classic car rally. I really liked it, although, sorry to be bringing that up again, his co-driving-blondness did annoy me a lot (be it scripted, acted, whatever, I don't care!).

I have to agree, sadly, on some point made before (wherever it was :O): clarksons co-driver should've been capable of at least a tiny bit on english.

EDIT: goddamnit i thought i was reading the last page :O seems i got lost again!

Last edited:
another good show, 9/10 for me.

im not going to sit here and break down the whole thing since its page 11 of this thread and nobody is reading these now but i will say that some people, the ones who keep bitching about the British car show not catering to americans, are just plain stupid. ITS A BRITISH SHOW!

You only use your hands? Not very creative... :p

Fantastic episode indeed! Maddy was one of the highlights for sure :cool:.
However I came across the official results of the rally. http://www.rallyislamallorca.com/img/roadBook_resultados/General Regul.pdf and Jezza was actually 30th when James was 34th in the final results. How James won 50 ? or did I understood something very wrong :think:

You probably missed the beginning of that second half. The boys found out that they'd arrived a day too late for the start of the rally, hence they knew they were out of the running. The 50 quid was, therefore, a private bet.

Now you know that somehow -- SOMEHOW -- that footage of James & Maddie is going to be worked into next season's Top Gear Awards. Any guesses as to how?

I needed to watch this episode a couple times over to rate it properly.

Z4/370Z review. This episode would have been a 9 or 10 in my view if it weren't for this. And it wasn't because of Jeremy's review. Jeremy was great, he usually is. What the hell was with the dinosaur bullshit? I can think of about 100 better ways of spending the money they wasted on that tripe. Making Jeremy act is stupid as well. He can't do it. He is at his best when he is allowed to be honest. Seriously, Mr. Wilman, go back and look at Series 6 and 7. Reviews don't need to be dressed up with fake nonsense. All it does is tell me as a viewer that you don't think Jeremy has the clout to carry a car review on his own and needs help to make it exciting.

News: Good. Has been all series.

Classic Car Challenge: This was good and funny. The choice of co-drivers for Jeremy and Richard was bit weird. That girl for James was spot-on! It was cool overall.

SIARPC: I love AC/DC. I love impersonating Brian Johnson. Awesome guest! Awesome lap, and makes up for that girl last week.

8/10. THe ZR1 review is coming next week, and I can only hope that they focus on the ZR1 and the R8 and that's it! If they don't think those two cars can hold the spotlight on their own, they are idiots.

Last edited:
Mallorca seemed familiar to me while I was watching the episode and I realised it was where Christoper Skase (Australian fugitive) escaped to!

You probably missed the beginning of that second half. The boys found out that they'd arrived a day too late for the start of the rally, hence they knew they were out of the running. The 50 quid was, therefore, a private bet.

I think Mossie's point is that James is supposed to have finished ahead of Jezza to win the private bet, while, in fact, he came in four places behind.

Which brings an interesting angle into the "scripting" discussion: Obviously they decided to script the outcome of the race, but not the behaviour of the boys in the race itself - if it's possible to magically bring Button and Baricello in the correct order "without" any team orders, it should have been possible to bring Jezza in behind James with the a film crew in tow. Most likely they decided it makes for better TV when James wins after the fact and just went with it...

EDIT: What i found much more interesting is that the Shelby Cobra team that came in 33rd somehow managed to get more minus points in the second stage than the TG boys did by not even entering. :p

Last edited:
I still can't control myself for long enough to comment properly...

The auction - HILARIOUS! The challenge - BRILLIANT!! Proper old school TG full of naughtiness & boyhood glee!!

And BRIAN JOHNSON???!!!! WHY didn't I know?????? I would've stalked that airfield for a week. JC & BJ TOGETHER??? Being FUNNY!!! A dream to behold! Loved every minute of it & have had it on loop since Sunday. Of course BJ got 2nd, I was actually surprised he didn't beat JK.

*JezzaBelle leaves to have another crisis!! Life is good :)