[13x06] July 26th, 2009

[13x06] July 26th, 2009

• Total voters
i've found that when it comes to watching video files on the tv, the Xbox isn't really all that great. it usually has so many hang ups that i don't really bother with it now.

I use TVersity to stream video files to my 360. I used to have big, big issues when my desktop and 360 were connected through a wireless network (I didn't have a router connected in my room). Now that I have both systems connected through Ethernet, it's been pretty good.

I've read on other topics that the RIVER rips have been having the problems with video cutting out at 15-16 mins with audio continuing. I've tried using DivFix++ to fix the files, which worked initially but lately has been crashing. I ended up downloading a non-RIVER rip for yesterday's episode and had no streaming issues. Not sure what's causing DivFix to crash suddenly now :(

Last edited:
Some of you might like to know that Madison is actually on Twitter: @madisonwelch. Invites only, but I'm sure that if you ask nicely, she'll let you follow her. ;)

What, so we'd get all her brilliant musings on the world without getting to look at her? No thanks. :yucky:

You'll probably find that not all the blokes have much to say about her other than her "assets"
That girl is a walking nightmare, if i had to drive that thing around with me i'd have a ejector seat (like the one in Goldfinger) installed and wait until i was in a tunnel or something.
Yes it was funny when she proved her iq put her in the same rating as a jar of pickles and a bag of peanuts or when she messed around with James May but as for her being the ideal woman? come on...
I don't even find her particulary attractive either (then again i think all Glamour models tend to go OTT and not really scale it down). I'd still much rather have a girl who would be herself and not constantly thinking about how good she'll look in the papers.
She was acting, and played the role brilliantly if the comments here are anything to go by. I thought she was really funny and entertaining. MOUNTAINS!

That's no way to talk about Richard's co-driver!

:lol:
Something else just crossed my mind, it would have been a whole lot funnier if Richards co-driver was in the Healey/Midget with Jeremy or if Richards car was the Healey. Jeremy would have made more inappropriate comments than Richard and just think of the endless torrent of midget jokes we could have heard :D

:lol:
Something else just crossed my mind, it would have been a whole lot funnier if Richards co-driver was in the Healey/Midget with Jeremy or if Richards car was the Healey. Jeremy would have made more inappropriate comments than Richard and just think of the endless torrent of midget jokes we could have heard :D

Yes, but then Jeremy would've ended up in the BBC's PC prison. :cry: :lol:

What never ceases to amaze me is when I hear something like Joy Division in a Top Gear episode. We'd never get something that esoteric in an American TV show.

This week was Dead Souls... I know I've heard JD in another Top Gear episode before....maybe they did Dead Souls before or possibly She's Lost Control?

I'm honestly curious as to who chooses the music for the episodes....it's quite good in a non expecting way.

Yeah, this season I've constantly gone "hang on, that's a nice choice" :cool:

Dead Souls is one of my JD favorites.

Also, "Mountains!"

9/10 from me :)

Brilliant episode!
Poo in my hand and throw it at him =))
I hate James May and the other two But mainly James May
James, it?s in budget, you like the color
Granddad didn?t do the gearbox
It had sliding windows: they were very handy with the girls in the back
I can see some of the hills and the sky
I short shifted, I wasn?t being clever
Get up, throw a donkey off a tower block, sit in a plastic chair by the side of the road
James?s helmet?if only Felipe Massa had one, he would now be ok?and the flower is Rosso Corsa so it matches the Ferrari

Excellent driving of the Daewoo from Brian Johnson.
He seemed a lot quicker and tidier than Jay Kay.

About playing the streams on your tv...I save the files onto my laptop, than play it through HDMI to the full HD TV...upscaling works like a charm and never had any hickups. And, the 7Gb full HD "Polar Expedition" file is amazing...52inches of sweet video.

Best episode until now (overall impression).
I would drop the side by side laps, I want to see how cars behave under full acceleration/braking, when and where do they go into over and understeer and what Stig tries to minimise this treats (the Tsukuba Laps from Best Motoring are a nice exemple).

Hm...in a couple of yearS, the McLaren F1 would be old enough to be admited to "Classic Rallyes", so...I will get one, enter it and for co-pilots (remember, 2 co drivers seats:D) I'll get Maddie and Sienna ;) Maddie on the right, to flash the onlookers/overtaken, Sienna on the left to do the navigation and tell me jokes...yeap...dreams:mouse:

Last edited:
BJ is a bit beefier than JK. With the weight difference, I believe BJ is a faster driver. Good episode, would watch again:)

8/10

Standard episode, but the "love boat" bits were fantastic (clearly scripted, but fantastic).

James May is becoming epic.

19853454.jpg

Here's a pic that was taken after last week's filming. Nice to see what Madison looks like when she's not working. ;)

*I'm not jealous..really....not at all...maybe a tiny bit....snif...*

Last edited:
I too felt like this was a bit too rushed.
best one so far though, major increase in entertainment.
I wish the news was a bit longer though, seems like they've taken time from the news and given it to the SIARP part of the show.
one more to go!
lets hope they end with a bang.

I loved it! So much so, that I'm watching it again on BBC2 as I type (so that I can get all the bits I missed through laughng). The auction was the best bit - I laughed so much that wine came out my nose (painful!). I'm definitely copying this episode to DVD!

Oh, you're jealous, LC. Just tell the truth. ;)

Anyway...

I found the dinosaur stuff a bit underwhelming. Spectactular to look at, maybe; but...I wasn't into it.

Everything else was alright. Even Madi--who did grate a bit initially, for me.

Solid 8/10.

Brilliant episode. In fact completely flawless and I reckon that's the best of the series. Last weeks was disappointing so I'm glad we're back on form in time for Ep7 :)

A+ 10/10 100%

Once again, no time to read all the posts, apologies. Eventually I won't be typing on a laptop and stealing wifi. I probably shouldn't have voted on this episode, as I saw a lot of myself in it. I really liked it just the same, and didn't see anything worth complaining about. Good episode, worth watching again and again.

This has been a good series so far, here's looking forward to show 7.

I'm actually planning on being at a Vintage Grand Prix this year, and I'm hoping very much to see Top Gear there too.

Some say that you can do any turn in this kind of Citroen flat out, but drivers usually don't do it - for fear of wearing down the door handles...

Gave it an 8, and that's only because I would have preferred the usual multiple small challenges to the rally ... this way there wasn't too much cocking about as they weren't together all the time.

Rest of it was excellent.

and how they fell in love with there cars....even May and that car was bloody awful!

Well I love the way he did the Ami up.

Note he didn't just fit a battery of yellow french fog lights and extra yellow driving lights but even swapped a probably perfectly servicable, albeit non-yellow, pair of main lights for yellow ones...

... with some cash to spare, he might even have gone for an engine swap with a BMW motorbike to give it some more oomph.