[13x07] August 2nd, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blythy

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI (Mk V)
I can't post in the other forum, but radio times have put up the ep description.

In spoiler tags cos the SIARPC may induce crises

Motoring news and views. Jeremy Clarkson and James May are set the task of creating a memorable TV advert for Volkswagen. Despite vowing to work together to deliver a classic piece of advertising, the boys quickly fall out on set. Meanwhile, Richard Hammond looks for an alternative to boring Germanic sports saloons and ends up going mostly sideways in the new Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst. Plus, the Cool Wall returns, and American chat-show legend Jay Leno is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see the cool wall for the last episode.

Also, good to see some nice Australian V8 power, sideways presumely.

JAY LENO in SIARPC !!! ... :banana:

COOL WALL :thumbsup:

nice!!!

They said he would be over in the UK later in that year on the track - I suspect he will be over later in summer and it will be in the autumn series.

Jay Leno is great when talking about cars. Plus he delivered probably my favorite quote in Top Gear history in the Hydrogen Honda bit. "People want everyone to know the good work they do anonymously." Or something along those lines. I'm not sure if I'm falsely crediting him that quote though. He was also really good in Love The Beast. I really hate to say this but he was even better then Jeremy in that film.

hmm.. what happened to the R8 V10 vs. ZR1? I thought that would have potential, at least more than a Vauxhall.

This.

And what about the V12 Vantage in the season preview?

They also haven't mentioned anything about Majorca in this ep, since they kept saying they were spliting it into two episodes, but it looks like at the last minute, they're just putting it into the one episode and therefore, there isn't much to see in this episode apart from Leno, Cool Wall and the VXR8 Bathurst.

They must be holding some of that stuff over for Series 14. Or they decided some of it was rubbish and won't show it at all.

They usually will do holdovers. Because of the window for testing the XFR was so narrow, a couple of segments would be held over for the fall/winter series.

Remember that Hammond's F1 tryout, James' Alfa Romeo vs. mudwalker, Richard's Toyota wheelchair were holdovers.

As for Ken Block: since he's a professional driver but not Formula 1, do you suppose they'll give him the Lacetti? Or the Liana?

Status
Not open for further replies.