[13x07] August 2nd, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.. what happened to the R8 V10 vs. ZR1? I thought that would have potential, at least more than a Vauxhall.

That's what I'm looking for too! Maybe they're saving best for last?

EDIT: This is the last episode in the series....NO!!!!! Seriously, this is crap.

Last edited:
Again, you'll probably see it...in Series 14.

As for Ken Block...good question! I'm going with Liana; he is a racing driver, though not F1.

Jay Leno as a guest, maybe they'll talk about Goodwood:
http://img12.imageshack.**/img12/1460/jaylenogay499x390c.jpg

:p

By the way: Will there be a test of the Ferrari California in this season or will the car be featured in the autumn series? Cant imagine Jeremy misses that one...

Damm... This series of Top Gear has been a big let down. Only part i liked out of all it was the Ford Focus Rs Turbo vs the Renault M?gane R26.R

Scirocco on Top Gear, finally! :banana:

yeah the Scirocco is on but i don t think its a review, i think its just for the adverts they make.
also, what was the coffin thing in the season trailer?

It may sound stupid but i hope the VXR8 Bathurst they review has 19 inch wheels instead of the optional 21 inch wheels as Top Gear Australia proved that the VXR8 Bathurst is over 2 seconds a lap faster on the 19 inch wheels.

It may sound stupid but i hope the VXR8 Bathurst they review has 19 inch wheels instead of the optional 21 inch wheels as Top Gear Australia proved that the VXR8 Bathurst is over 2 seconds a lap faster on the 19 inch wheels.

actually if i remember right it isnt the size of the wheels but that the low profile ones didnt grip that good and the ride was crap. the standard tyres gripped much better, so was faster, and the ride was much more comfortable.

actually if i remember right it isnt the size of the wheels but that the low profile ones didnt grip that good and the ride was crap. the standard tyres gripped much better, so was faster, and the ride was much more comfortable.

Ok I'm considerably less than an expert in this area (actually I'm pretty much of an idiot), but my understanding from simple physics is the total diameter of the wheel/tire combination must remain constant for a host of reasons. So if you have big wheels you therefor need low profile, less grippy tires. So while yes it was technically the tires, not the wheels, that reduced the lap time, you can't have one without the other.

found this
Jeremy Clarkson and James May unleash the fateful Top Gear mantra 'How hard can it be?' on car adverts as they are set the task of creating a memorable TV ad for Volkswagen. Despite vowing to work together to deliver a classic piece of advertising, the boys quickly fall out on set as James tries to fill every second of airtime with immensely complicated information about fuel economy, whilst Jeremy just wants everything to explode.

Meanwhile, out on the track, Richard Hammond looks for an alternative to boring Germanic sports saloons and ends up going mostly sideways in the new Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst before discovering it has a more interesting and practical sister for those of a rural persuasion.

The Cool Wall returns after a long absence, and American chat show legend Jay Leno is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

i agree i've suggested before on the site that there should be a web-based "Top Gear Extra" featuring all the out-takes, bloopers, news uncut and stuff. Also they could include things like the airport racing, which was dropped in favour for the extended Jaguar video from a previous episode,

anyone agree?

So if you have big wheels you therefor need low profile, less grippy tires. So while yes it was technically the tires, not the wheels, that reduced the lap time, you can't have one without the other.

now who is getting technical ? ;)

you are basically correct but its the fact they are such low profile that causes the problem.

found this
Meanwhile, out on the track, Richard Hammond looks for an alternative to boring Germanic sports saloons and ends up going mostly sideways in the new Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst before discovering it has a more interesting and practical sister for those of a rural persuasion.The Cool Wall returns after a long absence, and American chat show legend Jay Leno is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

OMG are they gonna feature a Ute?! :D :clap: I miss Utes - proper ones almost never seen here in UK, altho was once passed by a Falcon XR8 on the M1 - guy must have been unable to part with it when he came to the UK, can't say i blame him it was a thing of beauty..
I don't even care that this will be a Holden ;)
Do we think there'll be circle work!? (there will be a crisis) ;)
Wow, updating the Cool Wall could take up the whole ep!
Saw BTS film on Jay's blog, they'd deliberately muted the dialogue but lots of laughs from audience so hopefully good segment.
SO sad it's the last one, thank goodness for Tech Z, am still watching very old eps from before i came to UK so hopefully withdrawal less painful....TG Autumn/Winter is the only thing about the end of year i look forward to!

it has happened before.usually an intro at the beggining of a season contains footage of two seasons

Last edited:
I'm guessing then that Black Stig won't be returning at all this series, since it's the last episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.