[13x07] August 2nd, 2009

[13x07] August 2nd, 2009

• Total voters
Shit! that ending was sadder then Schindlers List. Although Jeremy may be right. Obama is starting to get his way with Government Motors(GM). Totally makes me sick to think we could all be driving boring beige refrigerators one day. One thing is for sure. Suicide rates will climb so there will be less traffic. There is a bright side yet!

Shit! that ending was sadder then Schindlers List. Although Jeremy may be right. Obama is starting to get his way with Government Motors(GM). Totally makes me sick to think we could all be driving boring beige refrigerators one day. One thing is for sure. Suicide rates will climb so there will be less traffic. There is a bright side yet!

Your comment is in such bad taste that even our very own Spectre won't approve, but somehow i can't stop laughing. You, Sir, are a very bad man. But very amusing, too.

Did it rain on the Wednesday of filming? I know Jay's lap was a few weeks ago. I'm curious IF i could have seen Hamilton have a go at the track in the dry.

I'm not the only Aussie driven up the wall by the mispronunciation of "Bathurst" right? It's ba-thirst, not "baath-hurst" ya damn steak-and-kidney-lock-openers!

All I have to say is that the Aston V12 segment is quite possible the best segment Top Gear have ever put together. EVER. It was nice to have Jeremy speaking into the camera, not shouting and the scenery, the noise of the car, just magical.

9/10

Unfortunately I?ll have to wait another two more weeks till I can head home and finally download the last two episodes. I have seen most parts of this episode on youtube however... and it looks fantastic.
Finally they came round to the review I?ve been waiting 2 years for... the Maloo! And I was pleased with the video they managed to put together.

The Advertising part was excellent, Jay Leno was quite good, and the V12 Vantage video was a work of art (and a great way to end a season).

Overall, I am VERY impressed.

I'm not the only Aussie driven up the wall by the mispronunciation of "Bathurst" right? It's ba-thirst, not "baath-hurst" ya damn steak-and-kidney-lock-openers!

Nope, opened my review with a rant about that :)

Great! Finally, someone who got the point of the piece! I myself often wonder what will happen if all this legislation keeps sinking the car industry. There has always been a small group of people who believe that the car is the pinnacle of the downfall of society and that cars signal death for us all by way of speed, injury, pollution and fun. Thankfully, these people have always remained on the sidelines. No one ever really listened to them. Well, they'd listen, just to be polite, and then manufacturers would go and put a 6.3 litre V8 in a plodding saloon car with a Baby Killer Chrome Grille up front and a swing axle in the back.

But now, these people are being listened to by a majority of the public. And when that happens, politicians start weighing into things and when they do that everything goes fucko-bazoo.

I remember a few years ago we were all told that the worlds ice was all melting and that cars were to blame. Soon, we'd all be up to our ankles in murky, green shit if we didn't all go back to rinding horses and fucking our cousins. The 'turing point'. The 'point of no return'. Don't think, don't wait for evidence; Just act! Blindly! In a big panic! Now! I was one of the very few people who saw that this was all a load of bullshit. Right from the get-go. I have huge bragging rights! It's like if you've seen the Beastie Boys live... back when there was a girl in the band. You're so fucking cool!

Thank you, I know, I am cool.:cool:

I'm cool because the globe didn't warm to shit!

it's been years now and were still hearing the same shit; If we don't act within three years, ooh, this and that.
Nothing is happening!!

Still, it's all very trendy and emo wankers want to buy a low pollution whateverthefuck Blue Tec god damn diesel piece of Hybrid shit.... Just to look trendy.

It's not looking good right now and-hey wait, I just noticed that there's more to your post:

Oh FFS! :wall:

Who gives a shit? The cars in the show are infinitely more important and significant than the show itself! You're all supposed to be asking yourselves "what would I do if they stopped making V12 nut-job crazy-as-fuck cars?"

See, this is what happens when you turn the show into a steaming pile of shit for morons to laugh at; Huge numbers of people tuning in who have no interest in cars at all and miss the point of the first serious piece in 5 seasons.

You people make me sick!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Austere again.

Perfectly said, far better than I could ever say.

On the topic of global warming, climate change, whatever you want to call it, someone said to me today "There are people who don't believe that excessive greenhouse gas emissions cause global warming because they know it's cheaper to keep pumping it out and they'll advertise to get their point across". Yeah, and what about the millions, or possibly billions of dollars that is spent by guilt-struck, naive consumers on bullshit like carbon credits and Toyota hybrids?

Last edited:
Obama is starting to get his way with Government Motors(GM). Totally makes me sick to think we could all be driving boring beige refrigerators one day. One thing is for sure. Suicide rates will climb so there will be less traffic...

"This is man who put a million black... only for it to come up red... this is the man who went out one Saturday to buy a new car... only to come back with a Prius..."

[click... BAAAANG!]

"Lamborghini - for the few who still have petrol through their veins."

[cue pointless explosion, then invade Poland]

Thinh possitive. Jezza, Hamster and the Cock will be back. After all they owe this to many millions of viewers. Also Clarkson said to The Sun that he will be back unless a meteorite hits him.

Anyone knows if there are any meteorites heading to earth?

I wonder what the real VW Scirocco diesel advert looks like...

I knew that wasn't the end, since I know if they were ending the show for good, it would be with a segment that involved all three of them.

Very good episode overall, but it wasn't "The Best Episode... In the World!", so I gave it a 9. :)

there is something bothering me...
when did the DB9 do a lap on the track?
does anyone know?
if you know please tell me couse i want to see that lap.
thanks

The lap time was put up the same episode that the Vanquish S went around, but they never showed the DB9 going around.

Memorable moments...

Memorable moments...

model in a black bikini as a pallbearer;
the inbred Bathurst;
the suicide commercial that made me laugh until I couldn't breathe;
the sound of the V12 Vanatage..yum! :cool:

I thaught the the first part of 13x07 was good, but the ending i thaught kinda sucked, he said hardly anything about the aston. as for him refering to the end of supercars, nothing could be further from the truth. Aston has a 1 million dollar coming out, lamborghini has a replacement for the lp640 coming out next year, bently has a new 4door coming out as well. Here is Jeremy Clarkson said about Top Gear in the Sun " FILMING FOR THE NEW SEASON HAS STARTED. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2569646/Jeremy-Clarkson-Top-Gear-will-return.html

When they reviewed the supercharged HSV Clubsport (essentially the Bathurst) on TGA, they found that the big wheels & low profile tyres were a hindrance & when they changed it to standard Clubsport wheels, tyres & brake discs (the large ones wouldn't fit the stock wheels) they improved the lap time by 3 seconds. Not sure which wheels the Bathurst is using.

I can confirm dear sir that you are 100% correct, here are links to side by side pics of the Clubsport R8 with the Bathurst.

http://img194.imageshack.**/img194/8277/hsvxsg.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/7083/vlcsnap4755322.png

if the Bathurst was using standard clubsport brakes and rims it would have completed its power lap in at least 1:23 (more than likely a lot quicker than this since TGA's track is shorter) putting it in the same league as a;

Lamborghini Murcielago 1.23.7

and

Pagani Zonda 1.23.8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Last edited: