Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Jason drives the Lotus Elise SC

Jason drives the Lotus Elise SC

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5o9GlsdLK8[/YOUTUBE]

to be honest...quite a bad episode

still seems to choppy, they need to make the reviews longer and less useless clips

Oh, I nearly forgot -- :lmao: @ the guy asking Tiff if he has any racing experience. :p

Did anyone else notice the gray Farbio leaking what looks like coolant? (especially toward the end of that 40 second bit) :)

^ Indeed. That could have been anything though, we don't know what was parked there before.

I enjoyed Tom's review of the XF more than May's. It was more straight-to-the-point whereas James' relied on too much theatrical bullshit (no fault of his). I guess I really just want facts and figures rather than pretty shots.. must be the German in me. :looks down at feet covered in socks and sandals: :nod:

I drive by that Disney speedway every time I go to Disney, and when they leave the gates open I want to take my car out there and do a flying lap (and then get arrested...).

Pretty average episode really, I felt a little let down by Tiff's Nascar bit, everything said before made it seem like he would be doing a little bit more than a few laps around a Disney course that anyone can go on.

Toms bit on the XF was okay, although it felt a bit short, as did Jason's bit in the Lotus.

Something that I've been noticing lately with Fifth Gear is that by the end of the show you can remember the beginning of the episode, but it doesn't feel like it was in the same episode? Its hard to explain really but it feels like its just a bunch of clips put together to make a show (which can be watched easily in individual segments), rather than having things tie together to make one show that has to be watched at once to get the full effect.

Pretty boring ep. The shootout was good, I wasn't expecting the WRX to lose that badly though. Looks like Subaru really fked up the handling on this new chassis.

The used car bit was ok I guess, but $1500 is too low of a budget for anything interesting.

The XF review was short, but it's alright. The interior looks really cool, and I like the front-end design too. For a diesel 208hp is not bad either, with a bit of tuning maybe get it up to 270-300hp would be nice.

Tiff's NASCAR drive is really dissapointing, only driving up to 131mph in a 600hp car, even Vicki got up to 120mph in the WRX.

Over, just a 7.

Holy, the Bentley is a huge car. Nascar was sort of good. I like the coupes. XF looks amazing in real life.

The shoot-out was a real disappointment, I expected the Impreza to be faster then a Golf GTI. The XF and Elise reviews were good, the ?1500 cars were interesting but the Nascar thing was pretty boring.

Tiff in the stock car was quite good, really interesting to see that they would let any member of the public do that. The shoot-out was surprising, I thought the WRX would beat the GTI, or atleast be very very close. The Jag XF review was nice, I really like the look of that car. The Lotus Elise review, well as much as I love Lotuses, Plato has a very very good point, they could still be ultra-light-ultra-fast and not break your back.

GTI FTW :D

8 for me

Very good I really enjoyed that - XF was a really good review, NASCAR was better than expected (I agree with Viper on the "Have you had any race experience?" question).
The GTI surprised me - I would have taken the Scooby in a heartbeat - you live and learn.

I liked the honest Plato review of the Elise - get better at interiors guys.

I gave that a 9 (only just though).

Last edited: