Someone Else's Problem: 14ft of sensibleness...? My '11 VW Eos

TIL I have a low wiper fluid sensor, triggers early to still give you enough squirts for the day.
Also that it takes over 4.5 litres :beer: and that my neighbour's surprised as he saw me walk back with three empty litre bottles to get more :shock: "It holds THAT much?" :lol: his Roomster only takes about 1.5l...
TIL as well that updating the maps from DVD takes a lifetime.

This global warming thing is awesome. November, 54.3?N, over 18?C :cool:

Also, someone should :james: my instrument cluster... looks way dusty on that picture.

6.4 liters per 100 on the last drive? How the hell do you manage that in a 2.0TSI? Do you ever actually accelerate? :lol:

I'm not sure myself either... at times it showed 6.2, I think the end result with shopping at the end was around 6.6. Some of that is taking 30mm off the tyre width last week, some of that is the relaxed countryside route, and some of that is the overly optimistic OBC that's roughly 0.5l lower than the pump.
Today's route: http://goo.gl/maps/q9HUi - picture taken at C.
Remember though, this is the most fuel efficient petrol DSG Eos ... ... ... in the world :jeremy:

I need to get my winter wheels rebalanced though, there's a mild wobble at speed...

Edit: Forgot to mention, a month ago the Eos got to serve as topless bridal car for my sister :clap:

Edit2: After what feels like decades on the waiting list I apparently will be getting a garage just in time for ice scraping season & just in time for my current customer-close-to-home commute-by-bus project to finish :dance:

Last edited:
Perc: The OBC stands by its side of the story :dunno:

To show I'm not resetting it at a convenient time, here's what that looks like after 24.4km of rural roads following a fuel stop with a warm engine and no traffic:

That fuel stop underlined what I said earlier though, you have to add about 0.5l to the OBC figure. Still, heavy 2.0TSI DSG under seven litres is quite good.

Last edited:
What's that symbol below 15.0?C btw? Just that the cruise control is set?

Looks different than on the Octavia altough the display is the same otherwise.

The CC is turned on but not active, and doesn't have a stored speed. If active it'd show the set speed in large letters, if not active but with a stored speed it'll show the stored speed in small letters, and if turned off entirely or stopped it'll show the odometer.

Ah, so it doesn't have the "press and hold until desired speed is achieved" interface like the Octavia has?

I've never had a CC where you set the speed in actual numbers. I did try one in a C5 once. Pressed Accelerate for a couple of second and accidentally set the speed to 155 or so. Whoops. :lol:

Same buttons and operation as in the Octavia, except that the spring on the cancel/off switch is slightly stronger. When active you can either press up/down a few times, or hold until speed is achieved.

It's fun in Audis that suddenly increase in increments of ten and go vrooooom :burnrubber:

This global warming thing is awesome. November, 54.3?N, over 18?C :cool:

Also, someone should :james: my instrument cluster... looks way dusty on that picture.

280 Km/h? I am shure your Eos can reach that speed :p

Nice car man! They used to sell the first generation VW Eos here but almost no one bought it because it was too expensive and because people here don't like convertibles:|

A tune and a bigger downpipe and it could do that. :p

The VR6 would do 250 from the factory, so probably 260-270 on the speedo. 280 would indeed not be far...
Concerning the expensive part, the key is to avoid the first year or two of depreciation and let someone else deal with it.

I did continue the "global warming is awesome" theme you quoted today, early March and up to 19.5?C :cool: no desire to go 200 or beyond at all.

Last edited:
Looks nice! Next time you are near Hamburg, try the Elbuferstra?e as well. Looks the same, but has random dead bikers wrapped around trees.

Today's route was inspired by the good Doctor: http://goo.gl/maps/RrCtN

Took quite a bit longer than anticipated, wasn't home until after 8pm :lol: more convertibles on the route than bikers though... probably due to the common 04-10 seasonal registration on those. I now get why a section of this is off-limits to bikers, those twisty up-and-downy bits through the woods further east, coupled with the sub-par road surface that would indeed lead to loads of random dead bikers wrapped around trees.

Even had around two hours of t-shirt and shorts, can't wait for proper spring :cool:

You'll catch up to me very soon, with a car two years younger... :)

Well, the odometer progress of summer holidays isn't going to continue :lol: come Monday it's back to four days commuting by bus, one day by car, and potentially weekend drives.

6.4 liters per 100 on the last drive? How the hell do you manage that in a 2.0TSI? Do you ever actually accelerate? :lol:

Last two fillups totalling 100.62 litres for 1576km I averaged 6.38l/100km pump-to-pump :D that's about as low as it'll go long-term without silly measures such as drafting behind trucks. Almost entirely topless of course, closed would maybe slightly improve aerodynamics.

I would think it would reduce aero.