Someone Else's Problem: 14ft of sensibleness...? My '11 VW Eos

The Octavia is technically still mine, but on permanent loan with my parents... It's a good car, and it puts the fun in functional, but that's about it in the fun department.

Ein Tank to last a zousand kilometres...

7IoVeD7.jpg

Those 86.4km since the fillup averaged a 1.8% decline... Livigno to Lago di Como via Forcola and Bernina passes :driving:

Last edited:
How much fuel did you have to fill up with?

Officially it holds 55l, I filled to over 57 because it's a duty free zone... Petrol in regular Italy: 1.5-1.6?, in Livigno: 0.93? :woot:

Only narf can make a GTI engine have a range that high. :)

Only narf can make a GTI engine have a range that high. :)

The geography helped... I've never actually done more than 800 on a tank... Which is still pretty good, considering I have two Americans on board over a GTI, and neither startstop nor recuperation and the previous generation engine... All those things are about to change soon :dance:

As sales prep I had a picture day recently... still looking sharp :cool:
If any reverse image searching buyers see this - hello :wave:

zhIEMtt.jpg

2XFkxpS.jpg

BtcTjbe.jpg

QJeCF1S.jpg

sIPul8n.jpg

mhmHb6Y.jpg

nsv9pVk.jpg

JLRUVA7.jpg

Also had a new high-pressure fuel pump installed because apparently the old one couldn't maintain pressure for long when kicking down at 200kph :boohoo: I couldn't care less, but also don't want to sell with potentially unfixed things. It's the only actual repair I had to do, though I'll hold off on mentioning D-Fence's timebomb until it's sold :D

Last edited:
I know I'm the weirdo with the PRHT that doesn't end up in his trunk, but it always looks weird to me to when someone ends up with their rear window in their trunk, haha.

I love that interior, though. Two-tone is sexy.

I know I'm the weirdo with the PRHT that doesn't end up in his trunk, but it always looks weird to me to when someone ends up with their rear window in their trunk, haha.

And yet, it still fits four cases of beer underneath the roof :cheers: you just can't get them in or out while the roof is in there, no fancy "lift up my flat-pack roof" like the 4-series has.

I love that interior, though. Two-tone is sexy.

:wicked: the replacement will be two-tone as well, but different.

Did you advertise it as the most fuel efficient Eos? ;)

That's pretty cool. I recently found on the VW dealer's instagram page I leased my GTI from who bought my Mustang. I haven't seen it on the road yet. I would know since it's the only silver 2004 Mustang GT with a stick and Pypes exhaust. :D

I've just realized the 2017 pictures and the one from yesterday are in exactly the same place :lmao: the big blue-on-yellow E is the sign for the supermarket whose parking lot we were in.