[14x02] November 22nd, 2009

[14x02] November 22nd, 2009

• Total voters
verry funny episode. i laughed so hard at hammerhead-i test that i almost cried
they are the funniest british people in the world :))

Only 3... a stupid part with crash test ruined all episode for me ;/

Anyone else notice they reused an old "some say..." about the Stig? They said he was rejected from "I'm a Celebrity" because he is one. They used that in one of the past two or three series.

Oh dear, this just about sums up all of my issues with the new series...

After rewatching the episode, I think the whole Geoff thing could've been saved if they'd just approached it slightly differently. Maybe if they'd had Jeremy, Richard and James test driving various Eco-cars, taking notes on what was obviously (and humorously) wrong with them and then jointly deciding on what the perfect 'eco car' should be like. Plenty of opportunities to share some useful consumer info (sorry) and loads of room for arguments and funny criticism.

Part 2 would start with the reveal of the completed car (ditching the whole moronic build phase) and they could simply justify the crap looking car by blaming budget/time constraints. Then they could engage in a series of 'tests' to prove it's better than it's eco-competitors, culminating in the crash tests in which poor Geoff is crushed like a tin can. Ambitious, but rubbish...

Oh and personally, it would've been a nice dig if Hammond had painted the Fifth Gear logo on Jeremy's face.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited:
I have always loved the car films and as usual the R8 film was beautiful. However, the challenges seem really forced these days. In past seasons I felt that funny things happened mostly by accident but now their antics seem really contrived. I feel that's a side effect of getting so popular and mainstream the last couple of years.

Last edited:
This show is dying. Clarkson rolling his Toybota before the finish line is not scripted. Hammond and May driving drunk people home is entertaining. May and Clarkson driving cheap Korean cars was hilarious.

If you're going to script something, script the situations the guy's are placed in. Don't script the mishaps, the comedy part. I just rolled my eyes at the car crashing down the hill at the end. And last week too, when Clarkson somehow parked them in front of that dam, and they all acted suprised that it was there. Yeah right. :rolleyes: We can see when something is not genuine.

The guy's are now simply acting caricature versions of themselves. I think Top Gear needs a proper break, and a re-think about what the show is all about. Because what they're offering now is not it.

That stainless electric car reminds of this...

487818855_adac29f12d_b.jpg

After rewatching the episode, I think the whole Geoff thing could've been saved if they'd just approached it slightly differently. Maybe if they'd had Jeremy, Richard and James test driving various Eco-cars, taking notes on what was obviously (and humorously) wrong with them and then jointly deciding on what the perfect 'eco car' should be like. Plenty of opportunities to share some useful consumer info (sorry) and loads of room for arguments and funny criticism.

Part 2 would start with the reveal of the completed car (ditching the whole moronic build phase) and they could simply justify the crap looking car by blaming budget/time constraints. Then they could engage in a series of 'tests' to prove it's better than it's eco-competitors, culminating in the crash tests in which poor Geoff is crushed like a tin can. Ambitious, but rubbish...

That sounds quite good actually! I'd like to see that instead of forced funny any time.

I'm sorry, all you people saying you'd give this ep a 9 or a 10... have you been watching the show for the last 7 years? This episode was in NO WAY up to usual TG standards. Seriously, if you don't count the camera work (which is always top-notch) this is on par with student films. It's that poor.

Go watch the homemade limos ep, or the Winter Olympics special, or the amphibious vehicles challenge (1 or 2, take your pick) and then come tell me that this ep rates a 10/10. I dare you.

Winter Olympics - Great
Amphibious vehicles challenge 1 - Very Nice

All the other you mention - Not as good as 14X02

My P.O. not a FACT.

Yeah, I wondered about those holes too. A bit convenient, to have patched holes in the original that later have a bumper sticking out in the sequel.

just rewatched it last night and paid more attention to the details... the very first rollout of "geoff". the covered holes arent there.

its not until they then add the.. uhm.. "head room" for hamster, that you can then see the covered up holes.

i'm thinking they had a change of plans in their script with how the episode would be presented. and since the holes were already there... which they coulda more plausibly filled with additional (non-working) lights (fog lights!). or maybe a couple of high-power air-horns. then they could have made the busses move for them!

Mixed episode. First part wasen't good, but i laughed my brains out to the slow motion.
R8 vs ZR1 while lacked a bit on the review side got all that back from the cinematics. Looked damn good. Imo this part could have taken much more time from the electric car.

I really was exited about the electric car part. While R8 vs ZR1 delivered what i was expecting, electric car would have had so much potential. They should have made it more like 24-hour race rather than sketch show imo.

7/10

Last edited:
That article is more funny than the segment in question.

Why don't you take your red blobs and go find somewhere else to play?

You are not going to convince people you are right and they are stupid for enjoying the show presented to us.

In the 8 yr old world the TG 3 like to live in, drawing a penis on someone's face is pissing funny. And who is this "WE" that are expecting a different kind of humor? Is it the people that think like you and hang around on fan boards for a show they clearly are not enjoying.

It is what it is. The fact it is not going in the direction YOU want is unfortunate for you, but what are your options? Hang around here and keep collecting red blobs until you are banned, or move on and find a new show.

Since when is this thread only for praising and not for critisising? If I don't like it I will say so. I'm allowed to watch something and not like it. The answer isn't to not watch it anymore.

I felt this episode was better then some of the last. Very funny to be sure. I often wonder, being from California what the people of England think when the boys start creating traffic jams with their and I use this word loosely automobiles. Even the wife had a good laugh at this episode and she watches the show off and on. The Audi is a beautiful car as well as the Vette. Given I had the money I would have chosen the Audi over the Vette easily. In California, the only people that own vettes are douchebags, California term and cocks as they say on the show and grandpa trying to relive his youth and lech after 20 something girls. The HD was very nice.

They always seem to have a great first episode followed by a not so good one, no big deal. Every time there is a not so good episode people say oh nos, tg is dead, etc etc, then after the next ep is much better the same people say OMG tg is back!!!!!111111111one11.I seem to remember episode two of the last 3 seasons being quite poor. This wasn't that bad, certainly not as bad as American idol, i mean, seriously!

I did actually just remember one moment from the review that had me giggling...

"Sports Mode!!"

They way Jeremy and Hammond said it with that hyper inflection had me :lol:ing

Only 3... a stupid part with crash test ruined all episode for me ;/

Gosh, tastes do differ! I thought this was about the only nice thing about the whole Geoff disaster! Well, that and the moustache :rofl:

Me and my brothers couldnt stop laughing when JC was talking about Manor F1. I can just get the bus to dinnington would take me about 15 minutes. T' imo Glock :lol:

:lol: I had watched it about 10 times in a row, couldn't stop enjoying it! Have been mimicking the accent for the rest of the day whenever said sumthing for nooo une t'o heeear :lol::lol: