[14x03] November 29th, 2009

I just love that "Trouble in Paradise" song. Sends chills up my leg when they use it.

I just love that "Trouble in Paradise" song. Sends chills up my leg when they use it.

If you have access to Spotify, it's on there: http://open.spotify.com/track/56h1rmpfgxI7DytOA9w3a0. I wonder if a Spotify link to the various tracks in this forum (where available) would be useful?

I love the Brian Tyler track just after it, unfortunately not easy to find (not interested in a torrent and haven't looked). From listening to samples from Brian Tyler's website, I believe the track they used might be "Fate" rather than the title track from Bangkok Dangerous.

What a mystery this is turning out to be .... okay Series 14 episode 3 music starts for the flying caravan takeoff out of the hanger with James May. The time (and I could be off a bit) is ~2:27 around when the klaxon alarm is sounding. The posts to date say this music is taken from James Bond 'Capsule in Space' by John Barry and this is seems right if you watch the video online/youtube/etc... that is the music in the background.

However- on BBC America broadcast in the west US the music is different, it isn't that Capsule in Space song at all, the music (I can not seem to identify composer or name) as the flying caravan leaves the hanger is a choir singing dramatic 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' with a synthesizer playing dramatic chords and large cymbal crashes. Definitely not the Capsule in Space song with the trumpets, it is different.

Anyone else pick up on this or have I just for whatever reasons seem to have recorded a unique broadcast of this episode? Do they do different music for the Top Gear rebroadcast in the US from UK?

Any ideas what the music is from @ ~2:27 from the US version... it's killing me, Soundhorn and Shazam can't recognize it either!?

Appreciate any help, you are unbelievably talented at figuring this stuff out.

It's normal they change background music when its reaired. the majority of the replaced music comes from www.extrememusic.com, you best guess is to go there and see if you can spot the track of the thousands there are available.

AGH! I came on here to find 37:26 - 38:05 and no one knows! I really love this track. Its awesomely edgy.

Last edited:
There isn't anywhere I could download or just buy Matthew Cracknell's "Original Orchestral Score", is it?

does anyone happen to know the song that was played when jeremy clarkson was mentioning all the racing cars and they were showing them racing. i have been through every listed song and came up with no mention to that song from that part of the show

When this episode was released in the USA, at around 30 minutes when Clarkson and Hammond start the rally stage, the original music was replaced by a song I assume is by Extreme Music, but I cannot for the life of me find out what the song is called. I know TG have used it several times (also in the episode when May rides with Ken Block). Can anyone help me?

Still trying to figure this out. Does anyone even come here anymore??

Still looking... Help?

I'm in love with the song at 11:57 but seems nobody knows what soundtrack its from.

I know extrememusic have a long listen of musical scores but I'm uncertain if its really from there or if its from a film... seems this site is a little dead