I liked this episode:
1. Piano encounters Marina never gets old to me.
2. "or now"
3. Lancias. Since I first bought a G1 Wheeljack Transformer at age 9, I've loved Lancias. They have always been completely beautiful cars with a distinct Italian sense of insanity. It also helps that they've never really sold them in any numbers here in the States (adds an air of mystery). The Montecarlo is what the DeLorean should have looked like, the Delta Integrale is still the hottest hot hatch of all time, the Stratos is by far the coolest rally car ever (with the 037 a close second). Even pieces of crap like the Beta were at least pretty good looking for their class. There are tons of amazing Lancias they didn't mention: the D50 is one of the best looking Formula 1 cars of the 50s, the mid-fifites B20 Aurelia GT was a sweet little coupe (amazing looking in person), the kickass Delta S4, the mid-sixties Appia GTs and Flaminias etc.
1. Heavy, heavy and obvious scripting. The fake Stratos (Hawk) stuff was completely sandbagged and set-up-to-fail, almost as badly as TG reviewing an American car. Very obvious set-up/knock-down comic timing throughout, the ridiculous airship/airport "crisis" (James would never have been able to get within 20 miles of any airport) etc. It almost seems like Top Gear is just trying too hard these days.
2. Yet another Gallardo variant. We get it: great looking car... that's years old at this point and that absolutely no one can actually buy. Let's review some other stuff, please.
3. New segment a bit draggy (getting nitpicky here..)
All and all, still a solid episode if not close to being one of the best.