[14x04] December 6th, 2009

[14x04] December 6th, 2009

• Total voters
I thought it was easily the worst episode of Series 14 so far, no doubt about it.
The SUV test had no real energy, and the cars aren't that interesting either.
I was never a fan of the "x vehicle racing" things, the only one I've enjoyed so far was the People Carrier race.
And both the Ford Fiesta and the Renault Twingo 133 thorough road tests were extremely boring.

This was the worst Top Gear episode I've seen in a long time. I didn't enjoy it at all.:(

why do I get the feeling that the 'Jesus' guy seems prepared for it. It's like he's acting or something.

why do I get the feeling that the 'Jesus' guy seems prepared for it. It's like he's acting or something.

I expect he is present because he is a fan of the show and has seen the previous "visits" therefore might have been "quick on his toes" when it came on how to react once Jeremy called him out. He also might have thought he looked close enough to "Jesus" to maybe trigger a response from JC which is why he answered the question to bring himself to JC's attention.

That being said, it might have been pre-staged (someone on staff pointing him out to JC or Andy), but I could suspend my sense of disbelief enough to believe it was spontaneous.

That being said, it might have been pre-staged (someone on staff pointing him out to JC or Andy), but I could suspend my sense of disbelief enough to believe it was spontaneous.

I don't think it was planned ahead, but i guess the moment the studio director, or one of his assistants, or JC or anyone else on the crew saw the jesus guy come into the studio, Jeremy got informed of his presence and maybe the guy was even filled in - maybe not.

I loved this episode, I liked it more than other episodes from season 14. especially the first film about airport transportation, it was really funny, and the news, and jeremy's rubbish car review at the end, brilliant.

Guy Ritchie cracks me up. Not hard to imagine how he can come up with such classics as "Snatch", "Lock Stock..." and all that. Loved JC's story about his favourite pub.

I didn't think the episode was that great, I'll be honest. The airport race was a bit tired, the SUV test was boring.

However, for whatever reason, i do like Clarkson's loony acid-trip films. He just presents it so well.

They'll get the writing in order.

Just watched the episode this morning and really enjoyed it. The Air Transport race reminded me a lot of that Cadbury's advert a few years back and Jeremy's Twingo review was equally as great. Not really all that bothered about the SIARPC to be honest, he was only there to plug his new Sherlock Holmes movie (didn't even know he was involved in it) and the news was typical Top Gear lunacy.

What is the song at 27:44-28:01?

Sounds beautiful but can't figure out what it is.

Just in case anyone was wondering, as I was, what airfield they actually used for the airport vehicle race, I did a little research (3 hours online and on google earth) and have conclusively determined it to be RAF Colerne. I thought it was weird that a small airfield had large radar dishes and domes so I figured it was an ex-RAF base. The blue pallets were a big help too.