[14x05] December 20th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take over an entire modern art gallery in Middlesbrough and fill it with motoring-related works, including some remarkable creations of their own, in a quest to prove that cars can be more popular than traditional art. The task forces them to engage in some unusual promotional activities. Also, Jeremy is on the test track in a new British supercar, the sensationally fast and sensationally expensive Noble M600.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...79&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

looking forward to the Noble! Don't know about the art thing, i hope it's better then the episode with the Audi TT/Brera/RX8 golf/art thing.....

looking forward to the Noble! Don't know about the art thing, i hope it's better then the episode with the Audi TT/Brera/RX8 golf/art thing.....

I was just going to say: Didn't they do this before?

This art stunt does not sound promising at all. I should imagine they will make complete clowns of themselves to art experts and other patrons, and probably break stuff.

Doesn't sound very promising:

One real car-piece, with Jeremy praising the Noble for being british and therefore superior to all its "soul-less" rivals (cue the usual soundtrack, Concorde-fly-over, etc).

Short news-segment with some cock-jokes thrown-in.

SIARPC - yawn

Plus an overly long two-parter of the three guys running around in an art-gallery, annoying people.

I hope my predictions are wrong though ...

*sigh*

Hopefully, they will take the art thing a bit more seriously (like JC's Aston film was beautiful art), but as others pointed out it'll likely turn into knocking stuff over.

I think they're getting a little bit repetitive, they done the " best road before " and now this...

Nothing wrong with revisiting a good idea IMO. For example: They had the Veyron on the show three times, and every piece was great, even though it was always the same car and there was similar information about it in each film. Same goes for the driving-road-movie in Romania: Familiar concept but with new cars, new situations, new country, new roads new dialogue.

So, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to expand on the "can a car be art?"-theme even though it was already mentioned in the TT/RX-8/Brera- and in the Alfa 8C-film. Just as long as it isn't a *complete* rehash like the airport-racing-feature.

If any of you have opted into the spoilers section, you should go through that. I think it's safe to say it will NOT be a rehash of "can a car be art?" (9x02)

Doesn't look very promising.

I want more road test in normal roads. Enough of power tests on the track!<_<

I enjoyed a lot last week Twingo's review, and I'm sure all of you remember the outstanding CLK black review. Why can't we have more of the same?

I don't want to see Jeremy powersliding supercars in the track, I'm not saying there should not be supercars in the show, I'm saying they should bring them outside of their track. I always liked top gear also for showing me interesting places and brilliant camera work. In the track it's always the same..

I'm not saying there should not be supercars in the show, I'm saying they should bring them outside of their track.

Except we all know that "supercars are rubbish on the road."

I hope this isn't going to be like ep 2, crap for the sake of being crap. I'll still watch it of course :p

*tries to keep positive thoughts about this episode*

^ same here....

Who will be the SIARPC?

One car review and the arts segment plus news and SIARPC. That doesn't sound like its enough to fill 60 minutes... does it? Seems like there should be one more piece in there somewhere. Maybe they'll do the TG Awards or something?

again, i don't see anything by james or richard other then the art thing.

But looking forward to a new episode. I don't really care if it's a shit episode or not, it's something new from the boys!

One car review and the arts segment plus news and SIARPC. That doesn't sound like its enough to fill 60 minutes... does it? Seems like there should be one more piece in there somewhere. Maybe they'll do the TG Awards or something?

Maybe cool wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.