[14x06] December 27th, 2009 [Bolivia Special]

More bits and pieces from Apocalypto uncovered...
12:47 - 12:55 - James Horner - The Storyteller?s Dreams
19:02 - 19:12 - James Horner - No Longer the Hunted
20:15 - 20:19 - James Horner - No Longer the Hunted
24:25 - 24:35 - James Horner - The Storyteller?s Dreams
25:19 - 25:24 - James Horner - Entering the City with a Future Foretold
25:56 - 26:02 - James Horner - No Longer the Hunted
70:32 - 70:56 - James Horner - Frog Darts

*UPDATE*
21:01 - 21:25 - Brian Eno & David Byrne - Pitch to Voltage

Last edited:
18:24 - 18:46 - Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Madman Mix)

Surprised they found it...from a very obscure album of Pink Floyd remixes called Absolutely Ambient

The opening bit with Jeremy's voice-over (0:55-1:15) is definitely the Terminator theme, most likely the recent "Terminator: Salvation".

Original T1 and T2 theme was Brad Fiedel. I think the recent one, like most movies not featuring John Williams and now that James Horner is dead, was Danny Elfman.

EDIT: Oops, sorry that's Jerry Goldsmith that died, not James Horner. Sorry Mr. Horner ;)

Last edited:
Another soundtrack used a lot throughout the episode was 'Underworld' by Paul Haslinger. The tracks were heavily edited and it took some time to work out all the titles and times. This should fill in a lot of the gaps ;)

ADDED:
11:47 - 11:57 - Paul Haslinger - Eternity and a Day
12:14 - 12:35 - Paul Haslinger - Miserere
12:58 - 13:19 - Paul Haslinger - Miserere
39:43 - 39:58 - Paul Haslinger - Transformation
39:58 - 40:38 - Paul Haslinger - The Crypt
40:38 - 41:10 - Paul Haslinger - Anger and Retribution
41:10 - 41:43 - Paul Haslinger - Transformation
45:19 - 46:28 - Paul Haslinger - Miserere
49:13 - 49:33 - Paul Haslinger - Miserere
70:56 - 71:05 - Paul Haslinger - Miserere
71:05 - 71:36 - Paul Haslinger - The End of an Era (Opening)
72:25 - 72:32 - Paul Haslinger - The Last Stand
72:32 - 72:56 - Paul Haslinger - Anger and Retribution

Last edited:
Had to join the forum specifically for this... couldn't resist though - great tracks

42:16 - 42:56 - This Morn Monia - Toltec
43:21 - 43:39 - This Morn Omina - Taliesin
44:44 - 44:55 - This Morn Monia - Toltec

both from the "le serpent blanc" album - could be more from here..

ADDED:
66:15 - 66:35 - John Murphy - Cassie Searches
66:35 - 67:12 - Secret Machines - Dreaming of Dreaming

This was a sublime soundtrack. As a newbie to this section of the forum (though a regular elsewhere). please don't shoot me down for asking a couple of very obvious questions:

1. Is one person responsible for music choices, a regular team, or just a house style?

2. Do the presenters have any input at all into the music at any stage, for example do they see rough edits
and could comment if they thought the music didn't fit the action? Or do they not see episodes until they
are transmitted? I'm pretty sure they have little involvement as TV doesn't work like that, but it would be
interesting to know.

This was a sublime soundtrack. As a newbie to this section of the forum (though a regular elsewhere). please don't shoot me down for asking a couple of very obvious questions:

1. Is one person responsible for music choices, a regular team, or just a house style?

2. Do the presenters have any input at all into the music at any stage, for example do they see rough edits
and could comment if they thought the music didn't fit the action? Or do they not see episodes until they
are transmitted? I'm pretty sure they have little involvement as TV doesn't work like that, but it would be
interesting to know.
The way I understand it is, no one person is responsible it is usually the producers and editors that select the music during post. The BBC network has a massive music library for editors and producers to choose from. I doubt the presenters have much input in the music choices, although I think it was Jeremy that turned them on to Ludovico Einaudi several seasons ago.

Last edited:
I'm quite shure they also use a lot of music from http://extrememusic.com/.
For instance, that song they kept playing during the Toyota Hilux thrashing a couple of series ago, that everyone kept saying was Ennio Morricone turned out to be some random peace of music from there called "Dirty Dollars".

And e.g. Shazam doesn't get feeds from there so sometimes it litterally impossible to find the right song :)

43:55 is the beginning of 'Adventure Calling' from the soundtrack to the Incredibles by Michael Giacchino.

The first soundtrack on voice of Jeremy,

The first soundtrack on voice of Jeremy,

Hi everyone,
The beginig of the show in Bolivia, starts with a very great and strong music background. In my version of S14E06, it differs from what you have seen before on this forum, i don't know why is that.
But is there anyone that can help me for 00:55-01:15? Here is the part of the soundtrack. http://www.4shared.com/audio/xC958lY5/topgearS14E06.html

ADDED
54:29 - 54:39 - Max Richter - Patchouli Oil and Karate
70:08 - 70:31 - Marco Beltrami - Gang Arrives

Last edited:
Please please please, what is the song at 27:22 - 28:00? Sounds like James Horner but I can't find it anywhere.

Out of curiosity, has anybody ever identified a song successfully with something like Shazam?