[14x06] December 27th, 2009 [South America Special]

[14x06] December 27th, 2009 [South America Special]

• Total voters
loved it :D

was a bit miffed at how annoyed both Richard and James were at Jeremy for driving off considering they did the exact same thing to him in the Vietnam one so I was glad Jezza got his own back this time, lol

that's a very good point, however, Jeremy has driven motorcycles before, he just played dumb for that episode....

he rode a couple bikes during his Motorworld days in the 90s.

But you're right, they still left him high and dry, not a nice thing to do to a beginner where the whole world is moving a million times faster then you are used to.

that's a very good point, however, Jeremy has driven motorcycles before, he just played dumb for that episode....

he rode a couple bikes during his Motorworld days in the 90s.

But you're right, they still left him high and dry, not a nice thing to do to a beginner where the whole world is moving a million times faster then you are used to.

yep, exactly. And they did it twice to him so Jeremy still owes them one :lol:

as far as the specials go, Africa and the north Pole are still my favs but at least I have something to put in the giant chasm between them and the American ones :)

Last edited:
After I finished watching this, I downloaded the HD rip (my first ever torrent!) as soon as it became available and have buried it deep in the bowels of my hard drive. I've vowed to only ever watch it again when I need some serious cheering up, just to preserve that special magic it has.

Absolutely top notch. 10/10.

//Sorry for the edit, but has anyone seen this news story? It's written by "Ex British Special Forces soldier Gary Humphrey" and is mainly about... well, his laptop really. XP He does talk about how hard life was for the film crew though. When he mentions sheared wheel nuts at the end, is he talking about Hammond's Land Cruiser or the camera crew's cars?

Last edited:
I just got the 3-special Blu-Ray from Amazon.co.uk (appropriately for the Bolivia special) and watched it last night. It's an extended director's cut. I can't remember all the new scenes but James and Jeremy get into a fight with a machete and the chainsaw. :)

And, oh yea, COMMENTARY WITH JAMES MAY AND ANDY WILMAN!

Last edited:
I just got the 3-special Blu-Ray from Amazon.co.uk (appropriately for the Bolivia special) and watched it last night. It's an extended director's cut. I can't remember all the new scenes but James and Jeremy get into a fight with a machete and the chainsaw. :)

And, oh yea, COMMENTARY WITH JAMES MAY AND ANDY WILMAN!

Oh shi-

Sadly replaced music though. :(

Oh shi-

Sadly replaced music though. :(

yes :( Noticed it at several points, starting with the elimination of the Terminator theme under the helicopter shots of the jungle. The (Will Young?) song gag is still in place.

Last edited:
The South America Episode is now airing on BBC America and yes all the music has been replaced. What the Heck? Rights Issue?
The music in the show is like getting carrot cake with out the icing. Then its just a lump of carrots. In flower. It's cake, and sweet but just not as good.

Overall the had I not seen the original I would have enjoyed it. Having the original and then seeing this, it became average. Still better then anything else on TV but blah.

I thought the Samurai being red and the Range Rover being 3.5 rather than 3.9 litre is grounds for a lawsuit.......just saying....

Thought the episode was genius. I could not stop laughing when they were driving in the jungle at night and Hammond was freaking out from all the bugs in his car. lol

Saw the episode again, and i loved it. Best of the best! In my eyes, even better than the Polar one. Just to see how the boys went through it, respect! Really respect. I wouldn't do it. Loved the part in the beginning, where hammond and james were dressed for the jungle and jeremy just normal. It was like... mmh i got the wrong clothing.. No just hands down, epic episode! 10/10!!

this episode was the best from season 14. loved Jeremy's range rover and he sinking into quicksand. Death Road was pretty amazing too actually. Overall i would give this episode a 9.5

I was watching the episode with the Britcar 24 hour race, when they were outside the burger stand and discussing who would go out first. I just noticed that during the episode Richard is wearing a t-shirt that says something about an "Atacama Desert Speed Trials" on it.

I was watching the episode with the Britcar 24 hour race, when they were outside the burger stand and discussing who would go out first. I just noticed that during the episode Richard is wearing a t-shirt that says something about an "Atacama Desert Speed Trials" on it.

And the blue "explorer" shirt from Bolivia resurfaces in 16x01. (my husband caught that! I was impressed). I also swear that May is wearing the same green shirt he had in Bolivia when they're in the smoking bar. Complete with holes in the collar. It's just like my man, unless I buy him new things he'll keep wearing the same crap until it disinegrates... :) </end nerd>

And the blue "explorer" shirt from Bolivia resurfaces in 16x01. (my husband caught that! I was impressed). I also swear that May is wearing the same green shirt he had in Bolivia when they're in the smoking bar. Complete with holes in the collar. It's just like my man, unless I buy him new things he'll keep wearing the same crap until it disinegrates... :) </end nerd>

James says that in the end his cleaner gets hold of his old shirts and turns them into dusters, apart from the original shirt with flowers, she's not allowed to touch that one.