[14x07] January 3rd, 2010

[14x07] January 3rd, 2010

• Total voters
IDK if torrent links are allowed within the forums, but...

(Removed it for fear of violating rule #14)
Suffice to say just search the torrent sites.

Last edited:
I didn't like Jezza's film - it was kind of funny at the beginning, but I did begin to wish they'd spent the money more wisely. There are much cheaper ways of telling the audience how shit the X6 is and making a film that wastes money, with the joke being about how much money it's wasted, feels like a waste.

Don't tell me you genuinely took that seriously...

Standard and hi-def caps are both out now on usenet.

- LFA test was good, especially as JC wasn't doing it for a change
- X6 was good if only because it was a roadtest, was interesting, informative and funny
- SIARPC didn't do it for me, dunno

From then on things went south a bit, James' part was a bit meh and while the interview part could have been done decently (May is certainly capable of that) it just felt awkward. Apart from that I'm not interested in the old "we're out of cash" gimmick, especially not if it's said every 3 seconds. Awards were an after thought. gets a 6.5 from me.

To me this series is probably the worst of the bunch, 14x03 was refreshing and interesting, 14x01 was decent, Special was good but only because the rest had been so meager, compared to North pole and SA special it wasn't of the same quality.

final grade for the series; 5, see me after class

Last edited:
I didn't like Jezza's film - it was kind of funny at the beginning, but I did begin to wish they'd spent the money more wisely. There are much cheaper ways of telling the audience how shit the X6 is and making a film that wastes money, with the joke being about how much money it's wasted, feels like a waste.

Er...I imagine Australia and Hong Kong, at least, were filmed during Top Gear Live and didn't actually require separate trips.

Nice return to form there, IMO. Probably one of the best of the regular Top Gear episodes of the last two series.
If this is what Andy calls "shit", then I hope we see more of that for series 15.

9/10

Am I the only one who would make the sign woman walk if she spoke to me like that?

Enjoyed it but found the Insignia section very boring.

10/10, because it brought a smile on my face before the first school day.

Oh and because the LFA, x6 and SIARCP kicked ass. Awards were a nice touch, haven't seen them in a while...but where is the Cool Wall? :(

Nevertheless, very refreshing, very well made and it made MWF happy. A bit. Imagine that.

Er...I imagine Australia and Hong Kong, at least, were filmed during Top Gear Live and didn't actually require separate trips.

And the highest ski resort in the Alps is Val Thorens... and Duel was filmed in part in Spain...

Am I the only one who would make the sign woman walk if she spoke to me like that?

Enjoyed it but found the Insignia section very boring.

i'd probably find myself looking for a ejector seat button like on Bond's DB5

Although I'm certain that what they said about lack of budget was 100% true, it was also the perfect excuse to have a more car-focused edition to end the series on. (You can easily see that it's an attempt at evolving the format back to basics and away from stunts that could end up becoming repetitive and tiresome.)

And although I have enjoyed this series in general, this last regular episode was refreshingly different and proves that although cars in themselves can be boring, it needn't be the case if you have three very talented presenters that obviously love what they are doing as well as having a highly skilled production team. This is certainly not (insert name of cheap Top Gear clone here)!

I can easily foresee the next series being much more like this with perhaps two or three 'major' challenges thrown in at intervals, and hopefully Top Gear will carry on going from strength to strength, even retaining the majority of those viewers who 'hate' cars but currently watch Top Gear for its entertainment value.

9/10 (but a rather different 9/10!)

i'd probably find myself looking for a ejector seat button like on Bond's DB5

Yeah that sounds more like it. Don't ever complain about my gearchanges, only my driving instructor was allowed to do that.

I hope the golden cock gets fixed for the 2010 awards, would hate to see it missed out. :rolleyes:

Good job by Jezza, showing why the new Xdrive system in the BMW X6 is shit!
Enjoyed Hamsters LFA film and James' VXR film, could have kept it a bit shorter by cutting the sign lady.

Overall a very good episode.
I scored it 7/10.

This show was really good, except for a few small complaints. Mostly with the LFA review.

I didn't like the Japanophile sort of cartoon editing. Made it look childish. And I think Richard could've been talking a bit more about the car.

9/10 because the range is back in the show - it's not so monotone any more.

Didn't really like any of the cars on the episode.

The LF-A test was ok as I do approve with them. If the car had 800 hp then the price could be justified.

The news were quite entertaining.

The X6 test was really annoying. I don't like the car but about everything Clarkson said was just rubbish.
The iDrive has the wide screen so you can put the navigation on the right side of the screen and then use other stuff on the left side. The navigation directions will override everything you do on the iDrive but he had obviously learned how to turn them off since the M5 review (the slash on the arrow on the left side of the map). And why do you have to push the air distribution button if you want to turn the heat up? Why didn't he just turn the knob? It has no effect on the iDrive.
The gear lever was obviously wrong as it wasn't the same as in a Golf but the same as in every racing or rally car. The flappy paddles also used the same method as rally cars.
Also the only thing that was worse compared to the range rover on the grassy hill was slower speed and wide performance tires. The problem wasn't with the gear box or the ride height or the locking differential. All the wheels were clearly spinning so no locking differential needed.
But yes, I do approve that it's a pretty pointless car but he should try to prove the point on some other method than lying.

Didn't like the Vauxhall test as it was too much Fifth Gear like and I don't like the car either.

The Lambo was great choice for the car of the year.

Last edited:
This show was really good, except for a few small complaints. Mostly with the LFA review.

I didn't like the Japanophile sort of cartoon editing. Made it look childish. And I think Richard could've been talking a bit more about the car.

9/10 because the range is back in the show - it's not so monotone any more.

Couldnt agree more... 9/10 :)

** For to add that the digital dash in the LFA is awesome... It would rock if one day you could download skins and themes for your dash!

Last edited:
No. Wrong. Bad.

5/10. I don't like my time wasted. All they needed to do was wedge a cool wall in there and it wouldn't have been at least 15 minutes of stretching stuff.

Personally, I didn't like the SIARPC either, but that's so subjective I can't knock points off for it. Reviews were decent but the X6 was already reviewed by the Aussie TG crew, so it was sort of a rehash for me, and I was disappointed that the VXR didn't go fast a bit on the track.

But altogether, I give this low score to this episode because I felt that a lot more could have been crammed into this episode, instead of a lot of filler. Hell, they could have stretched the News a few minutes and it would have been fine. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but the execution wasn't up to their self-imposed standards.

Also, Hammond fell over.

Last edited:
We could use more like this!

Loved how they got the "hidden evil camera just ate my head!" clips in. :p

The sign lady could have been better, and the awards show was great!

Richard crashing into the tree was obviously forced, but I'm not sure if Jeremy's was. And I like that.

I gave it a high 8:D