15 yr old beats up 83 yr old woman (link)

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alking-stick--wondered-like-kill-someone.html

A teenager beat an 83-year-old woman senseless after telling friends that he wondered what it would be like to kill someone.

Joseph Phillips, 15, repeatedly struck Kathleen Hutchings with her walking stick as she lay defenceless in her bed.

Phillips shattered her eye socket and broke her left wrist, a court heard.

She is now blind in one eye and has had to move to a care home because the attack left the once independent and spirited woman confused and unable to look after herself.

There is quite a bit of debate on another forum (where I learned of this article) as to how the UK justice system will handle this. Truly horrific, but is rehab/discipline worth doing on someone this age commiting this sort of crime, or should something more swift and definitive be done and just remove him from society ASAP?

Discuss.

Is the UK justice system for youths anything like the Canadian one where they get a slap on the wrist? If so, I say charge him as an adult.

He needs to be chained to a cement block, and forced to break up rocks 18 hours a day for the rest of his life. What he did is inexcusable.

I think you go through existing prisoner psych files and find someone who was very attached to an older parent or grandparent, then make them cellmates.

He needs to be chained to a cement block, and forced to break up rocks 18 hours a day for the rest of his life. What he did is inexcusable.

This.

Seriously, what is wrong with the world!

This is disgusting! :mad:

Exactly, I think that the education system and whatnot needs to back to what it was 50 or so, being stricter with kids like that to eradicate that sort of behaviour and thoughts, so we don't end up with this sort of horrible situation again.

People need to go back to respecting their elders more.

Somehow I'm not surprised by this. Alarmed and disgusted (and even more so when I saw the picture of the victim's injuries :tvhorror:), but not surprised. If this is the way the world is heading right now, we need more emphasis on social and moral issues in schools.

Last edited:
I think the problem lies with the parents. Think about it, how often do you read stories about whiny parents that demand something to be changed because it's a danger to their kids? All the time...

These dangers have always been present, it's just that parents didn't care as much before, because they taught their kids how to behave, and they let them have their lessons, too. Nowadays, all the world has to be lined with cotton not only to make the lifes of their precious kids safer, but also to make the parents life easier as well. Also, parents try to shove responsibility for their kids to schools and the government more and more. Too many parents have lost the will to raise their kids properly.

Problem being: without these dangers and without parents telling and teaching their kids what to do, they become useless fuckheads like the kid that beat the old woman. I'm sure he would have been fine if the parents had brought him up properly.

Damn, that was a relief...

Last edited:
Chuck the boy in prison. Let him get gang raped by a bunch of black gangsters.

See how he will enjoy that.

guillotine_15229_lg.gif

Don't even try to tell me that society wouldn't be better off without people like this.

^Far to fast and French.

Needs to be beaten to within an inch of his life, castrated, and then duck tape him to a telephone pole in downtown Detroit at midnight.

Last edited:
That kid should be castrated.

Just out of principle.

Is castration a legitimate punishment? It should be.

That kid should be castrated.

Just out of principle.

This is an occasion where Impaling should be brought back into fashion

impale1.bmp

If your a serious sex offender in Louisiana it is, thank you Jindal.

This.

Nothing. 99% of the world are filled with decent people; not angelic, but decent. It is that 1% that are just born deranged. His parents cannot get all of the blame, this child was mentally damaged from the get go, and always will be.