[15x01] June 27th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
something from vauxhaull???

I just saw the 'driving past' trailer for the first time.

And my verdict is...

Rubbish

Mind you, the last series had quite good trailers, so I'm hoping the inverse relationship holds true here. :)

Wiki isn't always accurate. Take with a grain of salt.

The Cruze is merely the replacement for the Lacetti within the Daewoo/Chevrolet range in the UK. This was reported quite a while back, during last season/series, IIRC.

As the Dacia Sandero isn't available in the UK (yet), I'm still going with my prediction of the Proton Gen-2. Completely rubbish, looks like both the Liana and the Lacetti/Cruze. IMO, it's perfect!

Guesses on the new reasonably priced car?

You`re right. But often wiki is right. Let's hope this time it isn't:mrgreen:

I know who he is - just no one else in the celebrity fuelled UK would, so they would turn off.

My 2p worth - I think it will be something like a FIAT PUNTO.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter that no one would know who Bob Lutz is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lutz_%28businessman%29

If you think that he has only worked in the American market, I suggest you read about him. There really is enough of the European superiority complex going on around here anyways.

He remains a manager who hasn't really worked in Europe since 1986, he is rather unknown to people not into cars, therefore he wouldn't work as guest. I recon only very few CEO's would work on Top Gear, maybe some of the F1 bosses too.

[edit:]Bob Lutz was German tie man of the year 1975 that of course changes everything. Bring him in! ;)

Last edited:
The swift is too good. the problem with SIARPC is that reasonably priced cars are getting better, and will lap better. we need something truly shit. like a Sebring.
Not sold in the UK, lucky buggers.

Well, we know what it has to have front-wheel drive, and that's it's to be the shape of a four-door saloon. Odds are it'll need to be from the Pacific Rim, and the price range should be no more than 13 grand.

So let's check TG Mag for candidates:

Chevrolet Cruze -- yes, a distinct possibility, but the improvements may put it over the threshold for "crap car."
Kia C'eed -- no saloon shape, but price is right and the Australians might recommend it
Mazda 3 -- very popular in North America but price may be too high
Proton Gen 2
Skoda Octavia
Subaru Impreza -- very basic model may hit the budget despite not being a saloon shape
Toyota Yaris

Thread moved.

Finally new Top Gear! That Hilux segment should be good...

Many Americans wouldn't know who Bob Lutz is either. And to clarify as to why I felt it necessary to point out that there is too much of a European superiority complex here: the man was born in Switzerland, has spent a lot of time working in Europe, and yet he is still being dismissed by forum members for being an American. I'm sorry, but that's stupid. He played a role in creating the 3 Series and the Ford Sierra, among many other cars, owns a bunch of cars and motorcycles, and apparently owns a fighter jet. No, an interview with him would be excellent to watch.

Last edited:
as long as whatever the new SIARPC car is happens to be in GT5 then i'll be happy so i can try beat laptimes :p

excited for the series coming back, F1 and TG on the same day, going to be a great sunday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.